New season. New look. Gophers to wear their H.Y.P.R.R ELITE uniforms in 2018, beyond

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I haven't seen the new unis for awhile, and after looking at them again I realize just how much I hate the white numbers and collar yolks on the maroon. It looks so out of place.

Wish the oar on the helmet wasn’t there. Otherwise very flashy. If that helps sell recruits ... fine. Worked for Oregon, for a time. But then again Alabama doesn’t have much flash.

Hate the reddish maroon, hate the old gold/yellow gold combo, hate the overall jersey design, hate the gray jerseys, hate the oar on the helmets. Kill's uniforms were exceptionally better. Now we look like an Arena League team.

Wish the oar on the helmet wasn’t there. Otherwise very flashy. If that helps sell recruits ... fine. Worked for Oregon, for a time. But then again Alabama doesn’t have much flash.

Agreed on the oar. Definitely a gimmicky addition that shouldn't be that prominent.

I think, if we start winning the uniforms will start to look really good. Like most fashion changes they take time to grow on us. Crop tops took some time to catch on and I think everyone can appreciate that. OTOH skinny jeans on pudgy millennials....not great.

The paddle needs to go, though.

The "Gold Chrome" is unique to MN which is cool.

The white collar on the maroon is odd. I wonder how it will look on the field. I'll admit when I saw them in-person at Williams arena they looked a lot better.

Also, I'm expecting more uniforms/combinations to come out throughout the year...

So did we completely scrap the gold uniforms in favor of the grey ones? That's a disappointment.

Hate the reddish maroon, hate the old gold/yellow gold combo, hate the overall jersey design, hate the gray jerseys, hate the oar on the helmets. Kill's uniforms were exceptionally better. Now we look like an Arena League team.

You are spot on. Kill’s were fantastic.

So no Gold jerseys or Gold Pants?

Let's see, what was that nickname again.........the Anthracite Gophers.....? No, it was the Golden Gophers.

I don't have any problem with the uniforms as shown - but there really needs to be a Gold jersey or Gold pants. I hate white pants. Pants should be gold or maroon.

Let's see, what was that nickname again.........the Anthracite Gophers.....? No, it was the Golden Gophers.

I don't have any problem with the uniforms as shown - but there really needs to be a Gold jersey or Gold pants. I hate white pants. Pants should be gold or maroon.

The helmet is exceptionally hideous in person.

Agreed on the oar. Definitely a gimmicky addition that shouldn't be that prominent.

Hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate the oar. It looks like something in a Bullwinkle cartoon. An absolute joke and a slap in the face for U fans!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like them more every time I've seen them. The maroon looks different with some of the lighting, but overall it hasn't changed.

Just look at a few of the pictures in Mike Brown-Stephens commitment tweet. It looks the same and I can't wait for the all maroon with gold chrome helmet combo.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So no Gold jerseys or Gold Pants? Let's see, what was that nickname again... the Anthracite Gophers...? No, it was the Golden Gophers.
... there really needs to be a Gold jersey or Gold pants. I hate white pants. Pants should be gold or maroon.
Agreed. These are the only acceptable combos in my opinion:

GF Home.jpg

GF Alt.jpg

GF Road.jpg

My son is going to be a sophomore in HS this fall. He saw this and texted me - "I was just thinking about how awesome it would be to suit up in those uniforms while watching the video".

I haven't seen the new unis for awhile, and after looking at them again I realize just how much I hate the white numbers and collar yolks on the maroon. It looks so out of place.

Yeah, pointed that out when they were first revealed...gives it an unfinished look. Not usually a fan of the all white uni's but that combination is by far the best look IMHO.

Yeah, pointed that out when they were first revealed...gives it an unfinished look. Not usually a fan of the all white uni's but that combination is by far the best look IMHO.

That was my first reaction as well. When the white uniform is the best look, you know there's a problem.

I think they're ugly has sin, but if the tide pod eating, condom snorting kids who want to lecture me on the second amendment think their cool then.......

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

The anthracite would be sweet for Bemidji St, I don't know if this is one of those optical illusions where some people see pink and some see blue, but I see no relationship between that uniform and the U of M.

784dedc946e4b99a5c814af2bf3685cb.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I need to see these in person I guess.

I don't like them generally, but i've heard they look differently in person... and that is kinda weird that their photography and pr folks would skew the look that much in photos / videos.

I wish they'd let them wear the tinted visors during games. Those look really cool and would be intimidating if the whole team wore them. No idea why the NCAA bans them. Leave that to the No Fun League.

I wish they'd let them wear the tinted visors during games. Those look really cool and would be intimidating if the whole team wore them. No idea why the NCAA bans them. Leave that to the No Fun League.

To be clear the NCAA says the visor must be clear.

The NFL says the same, but you can get approval for a tinted visor from the league if you apply with a doctor's note.

Change is always hard and no one rarely likes the new ones in the beginning. This thread should be good for about 10 pages.

Change is always hard and no one rarely likes the new ones in the beginning. This thread should be good for about 10 pages.

The actual 2018 uniform thread is 36 pages and counting.

Slap an Indian chief on the side of the helmets and you got the Washington Redskins...

I think, if we start winning the uniforms will start to look really good. Like most fashion changes they take time to grow on us. Crop tops took some time to catch on and I think everyone can appreciate that. OTOH skinny jeans on pudgy millennials....not great.

The paddle needs to go, though.
Like these 1984 Twins uniforms we all want back...
4d579ac7518470e1ef7524a50d14e821.jpg

I remember reading. although cannot recall where, that they were still going to use the old gold jerseys on occasion.
Oh yes here it is, at the 5:40 mark

Top Bottom