New season. New look. Gophers to wear their H.Y.P.R.R ELITE uniforms in 2018, beyond

Well they won't stay too long. Either this RTB thing is going to take off in the win column and we will all be fond of them for being the unis the Gophers broke through in. At which point PJF will change them. Or there will be a new coach in a few years who will do his own thing.

Just please keep the gray to a minimum while we find out.

Good Lord! What the heck becomes of the old equipment (mainly helmets), when teams like the Gophers keep changing their look? Can they be repurposed (stripped down and reused?). Are they donated, etc? There's gotta be thousands of helmets each year that are barely used that become outdated quickly in college football. Anybody on GH have an answer?

Good Lord! What the heck becomes of the old equipment (mainly helmets), when teams like the Gophers keep changing their look? Can they be repurposed (stripped down and reused?). Are they donated, etc? There's gotta be thousands of helmets each year that are barely used that become outdated quickly in college football. Anybody on GH have an answer?

Equipment sale/auction. I've got one of the white Brew gamers posted up at home.

I do not like these uniform changes. With the white numbers and collars we need to change Golden Gophers to Whitey Gophers. If Fleck matches TC for wins this year I will love them.

I remember reading. although cannot recall where, that they were still going to use the old gold jerseys on occasion.
He also mentioned white shoes. They really want to look ugly this year, don't they?

784dedc946e4b99a5c814af2bf3685cb.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Pretty much this. I've seen enough uniform changes over the years to know that the long-time fans almost always hate them, rant about how awful they are and then forget all about them after 2-3 weeks. IDGAF. Let the kids wear what they want. If you beat Wisconsin I'll be equally happy if you're dressed in maroon hefty bags.

Minnesota changes uniforms as much as some people change underwear. If they win nobody is going to give a rat's behind that there is white on the collar or an oar on the helmet. They look alright and if the players and the kids dig them I am good with that. I am getting to old to care about the little stuff, if the guys feel like superman in the uniform all the better. Go Gophers

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

The uniforms changes affect me about as much as having a perfectly clear window to look out is better than one with a slight layer of dust.
Either way, I'm happy I can see nice scenery through the window, and yes, I wish the window was always perfectly clear, but it's not going to bother me very much if there is a slight layer of dust on it.

If it looked like the Minnesota Wild's uniforms, I'd be pissed.
But that's about it.
MN Wild is horrible from nickname, to song, to marketing department, to colors, etc. It's an awful trainwreck that just adding crumpled boxcars to it.

Hate the reddish maroon, hate the old gold/yellow gold combo, hate the overall jersey design, hate the gray jerseys, hate the oar on the helmets. Kill's uniforms were exceptionally better. Now we look like an Arena League team.

The Maroon is the exact same as the Kill era, the video is misleading.

The uniforms changes affect me about as much as having a perfectly clear window to look out is better than one with a slight layer of dust.
Either way, I'm happy I can see nice scenery through the window, and yes, I wish the window was always perfectly clear, but it's not going to bother me very much if there is a slight layer of dust on it.

If it looked like the Minnesota Wild's uniforms, I'd be pissed.
But that's about it.
MN Wild is horrible from nickname, to song, to marketing department, to colors, etc. It's an awful trainwreck that just adding crumpled boxcars to it.

This--I wish they could have kept the North Star name. It was the most cool name, logo and green color. We are the North Star state! I miss my North Stars. Damn you Norm Green!

Voyagers should have been the choice. A single person in a canoe on the front of the sweater was the way to go.

So no Gold jerseys or Gold Pants?

Let's see, what was that nickname again.........the Anthracite Gophers.....? No, it was the Golden Gophers.

I don't have any problem with the uniforms as shown - but there really needs to be a Gold jersey or Gold pants. I hate white pants. Pants should be gold or maroon.

I agree. WHERE THE HELL IS G O L D?????

I must be color blind because one uniform looked green to me.

I don't mind the helmet but the rest of it you can have.

The gold helmet looks nice with the grey top grey bottom combo.

I wish they'd let them wear the tinted visors during games. Those look really cool and would be intimidating if the whole team wore them. No idea why the NCAA bans them. Leave that to the No Fun League.

I THINK it is because the tinted visors make it harder for trainers, refs, and coaches to see the players eyes which is a step in diagnosing concussions.

I am a long the same lines as you though, the tinted visors would be sweet!!!

Top Bottom