Iowa olinemen arrested for OWI

swingman

Reaction score
https://qctimes.com/sports/college/...cle_ea0c7c25-5807-58ed-8316-eccf8f37a2fe.html

For the second time in nine days, an Iowa football player has been cited by Iowa City police on alcohol-related charges.

Tristan Wirfs, a starting offensive tackle, was arrested early Sunday morning on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated following a traffic stop on a main Iowa City thoroughfare.

His charges follow the arrest of defensive tackle Brady Reiff on public intoxication charges in the early-morning hours on July 21 in downtown Iowa City.

Iowa had another OWI last December, possible starting safety Snyder.

operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated

The uber thing was amusing... but responsible, dude wasn't risking / hurting anyone.

Driving while intoxicated is a legit problem, not cool.

Damn, it probably won't happen, but this kid could get a year or two in the cage

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

If you're the coach, what kind of hammer do you use on a player that guilty of an OWI? To me it seems that missing one game isn't a lot for this type of infraction. Being drunk is one thing, being drunk while driving a car is much bigger deal.

"Team discipline has not yet been announced by coach Kirk Ferentz, but at a minimum in all likelihood Wirfs will join Reiff in being suspended for the Hawkeyes’ Sept. 1 season opener against Northern Illinois."

If you're the coach, what kind of hammer do you use on a player that guilty of an OWI? To me it seems that missing one game isn't a lot for this type of infraction. Being drunk is one thing, being drunk while driving a car is much bigger deal.

"Team discipline has not yet been announced by coach Kirk Ferentz, but at a minimum in all likelihood Wirfs will join Reiff in being suspended for the Hawkeyes’ Sept. 1 season opener against Northern Illinois."

I'm surprised that Ferentz didn't hold off the suspension until Iowa was matched up against the Little Sisters of the Poor.

OWI = Only While in Iowa.

The NFL is 2 games for a first time DUI. It should be double that for someone under 21 who couldn't legally drink at all. A single game suspensions is absolutely nothing for doing something that could have easily killed people.

I'm surprised that Ferentz didn't hold off the suspension until Iowa was matched up against the Little Sisters of the Poor.

I forgot who it was, but a coach once threw down a punishment for an offensive player that was ... that the player couldn't play in the first offensive series of the game.... brutal!

Top Bottom