Michael Brown-Stephens commits

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Surprised he doesn’t have his own thread yet. Lightly recruited but the coaches obviously feel he’s worthy after seeing him live.

Little bro looks like a hoot. Rumor is this is John Legend’s nephew

Not sure on why he only played in 6 games. Seems like a sleeper recruit. Like Wiley it will be interesting to see his Sr. Campaign unfold.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/8878257/59a4bfd63453353bd8fdf030' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

looks like more of a slot receiver type - catch an 8-yard slant and try to pick up yards after the catch. If he can develop into a KJ Maye type of receiver, great.

Welcome! We believe in you as we believe in Fleck getting those diamonds in the rough.

Congrats MBS!

Trust the coach, trust the process.

How should the Gophers fill out the remaining scholarship slots?

Should it be the best player available?

Getting O-Linemen is always a plus.

I'd like to see them get defensive secondary players. Losing Adam Beck and Kendarian Handy-Holly hurts.

The thing is we don't necessarily want all superstars. We'd want reliable selfless role players who may play sparingly, but play their roles really well.

Any thoughts?

I'd like to see them get defensive secondary players. Losing Adam Beck and Kendarian Handy-Holly hurts.

The thing is we don't necessarily want all superstars. We'd want reliable selfless role players who may play sparingly, but play their roles really well.

Any thoughts?

I sure wouldn't mind a few consensus superstars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check the 2019 thread. I think this class has serious concerns at OL, RB and safety.

Welcome to the Gophers Michael! No doubt that if he buys into the HYPR culture, he will have a big time career here.

Love that he's John Legend's nephew as well, doesn't hurt to have Legend quasi associated with The U.

Not sure on why he only played in 6 games. Seems like a sleeper recruit. Like Wiley it will be interesting to see his Sr. Campaign unfold.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/8878257/59a4bfd63453353bd8fdf030' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sleeper pick or role player...time will tell. Someone used the KJ comparison...fingers crossed he develops that way.

Any thoughts?

I am a superstar guy. I think you would want as many as you can get.

Let me guess...3 star...
Welcome to 3 [emoji294] U.
I don't care about the stars, just help us win.

Sleeper pick or role player...time will tell. Someone used the KJ comparison...fingers crossed he develops that way.

I don’t know why they’d take a low rated role player/slot type this early in the cycle. But, I don’t think his tape is all that impressive vs say, Potts. Have to believe his camp performances were impressive one way or another. Seems like the lower rated guys they’ve offered have been athletic or physical freaks and I’m not sure I see that here, but like I said have to trust the coaches on this. Two former WRs recruiting this guy.

Maybe Fleck wants to wrap up recruiting sooner rather than later so they can concentrate on 2020. I don’t know.

I am a superstar guy. I think you would want as many as you can get.

We all want to. Right now, the Gophers haven't shown enough to entice superstars. They are rebuilding for the long haul. They could've easily burnt a few red shirts last year for short term gain.

Let me guess...3 star...
Welcome to 3 [emoji294] U.
I don't care about the stars, just help us win.

You don't care yet you make some mocking comment every time we get a 3*. 3* guys make up 90% of the class for 90% of the schools out there. Getting a 3* is not some kind of failure.

Check the 2019 thread. I think this class has serious concerns at OL, RB and safety.

I don't see any concern at RB unless you think the guys we have are just not any good. I'd sure like to see some more Safety and OL help though.

You don't care yet you make some mocking comment every time we get a 3*. 3* guys make up 90% of the class for 90% of the schools out there. Getting a 3* is not some kind of failure.
We're an elite 3[emoji294]University! Just RTB, Ski-U-Mah, Go Gophers! Our boyz are a sleeper cell of 5 stars that will give us the greatest recruiting classes in the history of the U.
Just win. [emoji41]

I don't see any concern at RB unless you think the guys we have are just not any good. I'd sure like to see some more Safety and OL help though.

I'm not sure that we have a true RB recruit yet.

We're an elite 3[emoji294]University! Just RTB, Ski-U-Mah, Go Gophers! Our boyz are a sleeper cell of 5 stars that will give us the greatest recruiting classes in the history of the U.
Just win. [emoji41]

Yawn. Tired schtick.

3 of our key recruits at skill positions (Wiley, MBS and Potts) either missed their entire junior season or over half of it due to injuries.

Yawn. Tired schtick.
That was a [emoji294][emoji294][emoji294] post! RTB!!!
I'm happy for the young man. UMN is a top notch University. Get a good education and play a little football on the side. It's all good.
If Kill could win with 3 star players, I'm hopeful Fleck can win as well.

His sophomore year tape.

I’m not sure I’d make that judgment off a sophomore year highlight reel. I’m far more worried about OL recruiting and QB going forward, offensively. Lots of question marks at QB, and correct me if I’m wrong but only one OL commit this cycle.

I’m not sure I’d make that judgment off a sophomore year highlight reel. I’m far more worried about OL recruiting and QB going forward, offensively. Lots of question marks at QB, and correct me if I’m wrong but only one OL commit this cycle.

He recruited OL in his first two classes pretty heavily. If this is the one year we get one or two OL, it won't kill us. We need now, more than ever, good players who can help us win. Whether that's a kicker, wr, or hotter cheerleaders, we need help everywhere. It's not panic mode yet.

He is just a troll

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom