Start of Camp - Starting QB Poll

Who will be starting QB for game 1

• Total voters

He came in and handed ball to Kobe a few times. He may have taken off once on an option read

So apart from a few garbage time snaps in one early non-conf game, he did not give Green a chance to play QB last season.

I guess he thought that Croft would be the QB of 2018, until that blew up.

2013....all over again. By Jan 10th one of these guys will announce he is leaving.

That kinda happened last year too ...

2013....all over again. By Jan 10th one of these guys will announce he is leaving.

I think it will be Morgan in the long run. But with the new redshirt rule, there's no reason not to give Annexstad some reps early on just to see for sure.

I voted Annexstad. Call me nuts but I firmly believe he will be our starter by the end of the year. Dude is a gamer. Yes I realize this is for game 1 but im giving my boy some love.

Sorry but here is my latest dream about the Gopher QB. (When you’re my age, any dream is good, it means that I am still a live). Tanner gets hurt in preseason, Annixstead (sp) starts the first game and is ineffective. Seth Brown comes in and is lightsout the best player on the field. As I said, just a dream.

PJ Fleck had three QB's to choose from last year (not counting Morgan). None were "his guy". If Green was even reasonable, why did a terrible Rhoda stay above him on the depth chart?

People need to get over Seth Green as a QB. If he enters a game at QB it's REALLY bad.

IMHO Seth Seth Green is not a "natural" QB. It appeared like he has some sort of hitch in his throwing mechanics. But, like Vic Viramontes he isn't as adept at decision making. Tanner Morgan and Zach Annexstad looked more decisive and polished. I was impressed with Zack's poise and command of the huddle. Tanner has a little edge over Zack, his experience showed. That is just my subjective observation.

My guess is that real games are dramatically different than practice. I expect that both Morgan and Annexstad can throw the ball well. I'm hoping that one of them will be really cool under fire and make so few mistakes that it sets him apart. That's the guy I want. Let's hope one of them is the guy.

QB has to fit the system. Green is a good enough athlete that I think he could play QB in the right system with the right coaching staff. The previous coaching staff thought he could play QB. (which, I admit, may or not be a factor in his favor.....)

But after Streveler, how can we assume that any QB candidate is a bust? I'm not saying that Green will wind up playing QB in the CFL. But, I am saying that I think he could play college QB in the right system - probably a run-heavy system with a lot of QB option. Is he a 7-step drop and throw the ball 30+ times guy? No. But he's an athlete.

Word is ZA5 :)p) started the first 3 series of the scrimmage yesterday, FWIW. I am still sticking with my prediction he is our starter out of the gate.

Can’t see a scenario, barring injury,something catastrophic etc, where both QBs don’t get a chance to “show their stuff” against NM St.

Seems like late votes are coming in for ZA.

I could have swore it was more 80% / 20% for Morgan just a week or so ago.

Seems like late votes are coming in for ZA.

I could have swore it was more 80% / 20% for Morgan just a week or so ago.

Was 81-19% when I first paid attention. The poll was too premature. I'm curious what people would think as of today. Also, didn't Ciarrocca mention on BTN this week that he hoped Fleck would pick a starter this weekend? Seems like you'd want at least a week or two to focus on getting him ready.

Was 81-19% when I first paid attention. The poll was too premature. I'm curious what people would think as of today. Also, didn't Ciarrocca mention on BTN this week that he hoped Fleck would pick a starter this weekend? Seems like you'd want at least a week or two to focus on getting him ready.

I think Annexstad would be north of 40%. My sense is that Fleck knows Zack has quickly caught and probably passed Morgan in knowledge and execution of the offense...and is seeing if Morgan responds.

I purposely did the poll at the start to see what early impressions were.

I should have done one weekly with expirations, but this place gets polled to often sometimes.

That's what Spring practice was for. Now is when the decision is about to be made. Oh well.

I voted Tanner because I just assumed they'd go with the guy who had a year more experience in the program, if nothing else to essentially "break a tie". And I still do believe the starter for game 1 won't mean anything, as both will get a chance to play.

But from what I've read it could well be ZA that goes out first.

Last year Rhoda went out first, and we know how the season went as far as which QB was starting game to game ...

My money is still on Morgan to start the opener. They seem pretty equal, thus I think a year in the system will be the deciding factor. Whether he can hold to the spot though, who knows.

Looks like Zack is catching up...

Turns out only 20-30% of us know what's going on around here. (I was not included).

I say 20-30% because the late votes this week were trending ZA due to the rumors of the last week.

You gotta love polls where the voters have no say in the decision.

Top Bottom