Last Chance U and the Gophers

Halsey Hall

Reaction score
For those who are watching the Netflix series Last Chance U about the Independence (KN) Juco team, I just noticed that ex-Gopher Ray Buford is on that team. To date I have not seen him play. He is #2 and is a RSSO.

I believe Dior Johnson and Tammarion Johnson, former gophers, are also on this team. I'm like 7 episodes in, none of these three have been featured.

The players aren't featured at all during the show. I suspect that since there is a lawsuit pending they really couldn't talk about their past at all which means netflix couldn't really create drama with their story. I do see Buford on a few defensive plays but don't hear or see the other players at all.

There is already a thread on this. Here is my post:

Just finished watching.

In a scene when talking to a recruiter the coach goes "11 (Jermaine Johnson) is an NFL guy."

In the first game against Iowa Western, Buford(#2 on D) is shown chewing out his teammates pretty good.

Dior, #9, is shown getting an interception in the second game I think.

Jermaine is shown getting the game sealing sack in the third episode I think.

They may have shown Tamarion get a tackle or two but no big plays.

Overall you saw a lot of all 4 guys if you know their faces but never were they mentioned by name and Buford is the only one who ever spoke in the show.

Top Bottom