2018 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

They're foolish if it is. I would say more likely Kearse.

It could possibly be Kearse and Sherels if they decide to keep Holton Hill and have Hughes return punts.

Rhodes, Waynes, Smith, Sendejo, Iloka, Alexander, Newman, Hughes, Harris and one of Kearse, Sherels and Hill, possibly two of those three if they decide to keep 11 DB's.

It could possibly be Kearse and Sherels if they decide to keep Holton Hill and have Hughes return punts.

Rhodes, Waynes, Smith, Sendejo, Iloka, Alexander, Newman, Hughes, Harris and one of Kearse, Sherels and Hill, possibly two of those three if they decide to keep 11 DB's.

Maybe Newman goes and they keep two of Kearse, Sherels and Hill.

Maybe Newman goes and they keep two of Kearse, Sherels and Hill.

Zero chance, unless it's voluntary. Zimmer would trash Spielman's office and quit. Sounds like they may play 3 safeties at times, so it might be in place of a LB.

I heard the theory that Iloka is - at least partially- an insurance policy against Sendejo getting suspended for violating the new helmet and contact rules. Which is certainly possible.

In any case, if someone gets cut, it will be a safety, not a corner. So Kearse seems to be the most likely candidate. Harris has gotten a lot more playing time, while Kearse is primary a special-teams guy.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Skol Vikes!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Skol Vikes!!

And then he went ahead and missed a second field goal.

Finally got to see the stadium for the first time. It's really awesome.

Also.....I don't see how the Vikes could let Mike Boone go. He's looked great so far. Some team will nab him if we try to stash him on the practice squad.

ESPN: Vikings trade for Giants' Brett Jones

A trade to bolster offensive line depth has felt inevitable for weeks. The Vikings executed one on Sunday, sending a 2019 pick to the New York Giants in exchange for center Brett Jones. The future pick is believed to be a seventh-rounder, according to ESPN's Jordan Raanan.

Jones appeared in 30 games for the Giants and has 14 career starts: 12 at center and two at left guard. He spent training camp and the preseason primarily with the second-team offense.

Jones was on the Giants' payroll for $2.9 million this year and was behind Jon Halapio at center. With Will Hernandez at left guard and Nate Solder at left tackle, everything left of center was solidified, making him a depth piece in New York.

With an uncertain timetable for Elflein's return, Jones could compete to start in his place until the former Ohio State product returns. Cornelius Edison, formerly of the practice squad, has been filling in for Elflein since Nick Easton, the team's former backup center, went down with injury.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...s-center-pat-elflein-miss-remainder-preseason

Skol Vikes!!

Yeah he gone. The headline should read "Former Vikings WR"

Remember he suspended the 1st 4 games of the season anyway.

Today is cutdown day and we have a big suprise.

Brian Robison Verified account - @Brian_Robison

Sad Day! I love you Vikings Fans, teammates, coaches and all I have come in contact with over the years. This one hurts, but it’s not goodbye. More like see you later. Thank you @Vikings for 11 amazing years and one opportunity. Formal letter to come soon.

Today is cutdown day and we have a big suprise.

This was no surprise. A lot of people had been saying he was on the chopping block.

For the record I'm not saying I wanted him to go.

Skol Vikes!!

Unless the offensive line plays WAY above expectations, I could see this season going down the tubes - or at least falling far short of expectations. If Cousins is running for his life, and Cook can't find a hole to run through, it will fall on the defense to try and win every game.

I hope I'm wrong, but it just strikes me as nuts that the franchise is supposedly going "all in" to try and win a title - and the one position group on the team they have done nothing to help is the offensive line.

Unless the offensive line plays WAY above expectations, I could see this season going down the tubes - or at least falling far short of expectations. If Cousins is running for his life, and Cook can't find a hole to run through, it will fall on the defense to try and win every game.

I hope I'm wrong, but it just strikes me as nuts that the franchise is supposedly going "all in" to try and win a title - and the one position group on the team they have done nothing to help is the offensive line.

If Elflein is OK, I'm not too worried. If he's not, I am.

agreed. Given how bad the line was last year, consider me more than skeptical that they'll be any better than last year. The NFC is loaded even worse than last year. The Vikes are not getting through that grind if the OLine cannot hold up.

If Elflein is OK, I'm not too worried. If he's not, I am.

Pretty much how I feel. They were one win away from the Super Bowl with a bad offensive line last year. Plus they've upgraded other positions.

ESPN: Bold predictions for all 32 NFL teams to preview the 2018 season

Minnesota Vikings
If injuries along the offensive line can be remedied, Minnesota should have no problem giving Dalvin Cook what he needs to lead the league in rushing. The Florida State product is everything a team could hope for as a dynamic, pass-catching three-down rusher. The Vikings' leading candidate for team MVP is also well-placed to contend for Comeback Player of the Year honors. -- Courtney Cronin

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24579031/bold-predictions-all-32-nfl-teams-2018-season

Skol Vikes!!

I don't like all this buzz and expectations around this team, they are getting my hopes up too early.

They're a really good team. The problem is there are so many other good teams in the NFC. The NFC is so much better than the AFC, it's not even close.

STrib: Vikings OC John DeFilippo confident Dalvin Cook can 'carry the load'

The Vikings put Dalvin Cook in his only NFL games for 169 of 235 possible plays [72 percent] in the first quarter of last season.

While Cook has been honest about the difference of full practices and being in “game shape” after his ACL recovery, the Vikings are going to keep that in mind as they apparently plan to give him all he can handle in Sunday’s opener against the 49ers, according to offensive coordinator John DeFilippo.

“We’ll see how it goes. There’s nothing that hasn’t told us that he can’t carry the load,” DeFilippo said Thursday when asked if Cook would be on a ‘pitch count.’ “If there’s something during the game that comes up where he needs a blow, or he needs to come out of the football game, then we’ll handle that situation.”

A lot has changed since Cook made his NFL debut last September, when he took the league by storm ranking second in rushing yards through three games before the Oct. 1 injury.

The top priority is now Cook’s health, and how quickly he’ll regain his workhorse form after playing just four snaps this preseason. The Vikings monitored Cook’s practice reps closely, rotating full workloads in training camp before stringing together consecutive days of full practices.

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-...ent-dalvin-cook-can-carry-the-load/492619701/

Skol Vikes!!

No mention of the game today?!

I thought Cousins looked sharp in his return, and Cook was pretty impactful out of the backfield. I like that option.

The O-line will be the ongoing concern.

Good to be 1-0.

Skol Vikes!!

No mention of the game today?!

I thought Cousins looked sharp in his return, and Cook was pretty impactful out of the backfield. I like that option.

The O-line will be the ongoing concern.

Good to be 1-0.

Skol Vikes!!
Yep, Cousin's played well and his two TD's were absolute dimes. He also has underrated mobility too IMO.

Defense gave up a few big plays but overall played well. Liked what I saw from Sheldon Richardson.

O-line's pass blocking was bad early but was acceptable for the rest of the game. Their run blocking was very bad though and they need to do much better in the future. That was my one big concern from today.

I think until we get Elflein back and our O-line improves, Murray should be getting more carries than Cook. He seems to have better patience and vision and is better finding those tight creases and making something out of nothing. He's also more powerful too. When our O-line can finally open up some holes I'll take Cook but until then I like Murray better as a runner. Cook was great as a pass catcher though.

Oline looked as bad as expected. Hopefully it somehow improves.

It's tough to tell how good SanFran is but I was hoping for a little more secure win at home than needing a interception return for a TD to win.

Yep, Cousin's played well and his two TD's were absolute dimes. He also has underrated mobility too IMO.

Defense gave up a few big plays but overall played well. Liked what I saw from Sheldon Richardson.

O-line's pass blocking was bad early but was acceptable for the rest of the game. Their run blocking was very bad though and they need to do much better in the future. That was my one big concern from today.

I think until we get Elflein back and our O-line improves, Murray should be getting more carries than Cook. He seems to have better patience and vision and is better finding those tight creases and making something out of nothing. He's also more powerful too. When our O-line can finally open up some holes I'll take Cook but until then I like Murray better as a runner. Cook was great as a pass catcher though.

Thats a good point about Murray over Cook. While I'm not a big Murray fan, thats a good idea on your part.

Oline looked as bad as expected. Hopefully it somehow improves.

It's tough to tell how good SanFran is but I was hoping for a little more secure win at home than needing a interception return for a TD to win.

Right. Oline stunk. Here let's spent a gigallion dollars on the QB but none on the line. Luckily KC is better at evading the rush then I thought, but he's still not as good as Keenum

I get the Hughes pick, he looks really good and appears to be a helluva choice. But I didnt know anything about him and was mad they didnt go OL.

But then I was really ticked that they didn't trade up into the top half of second round to get one of the remaining quality OL left. They are primed for a superbowl and need to go for broke. But instead they stayed put on drafted a project with their second rounder. Sorry, second rounders need to be immediate contributors. Not a project that used to play TE

Danielle Hunter is a monster. He was all over the place yesterday. Going to have a great year.

Big game next Sunday. I can't believe the Bears blew it last night.

Top Bottom