2018 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rand: Vikings season could get ugly fast

When a team favored by more than two touchdowns plays as the Vikings did in losing 27-6 to Buffalo, there is a certain benefit of the doubt given as the game goes on.

Optimistic fans spend their energy focused on a possible comeback because the momentum has to turn at some point, right?

It’s hard to say exactly when that sentiment shifted for the majority of those watching the game, but it seemed like the moment arrived for CBS analyst Tony Romo early in the second half.

After a somewhat promising Vikings drive was snuffed out by a Kirk Cousins interception that went off Latavius Murray’s hands, Romo bellowed: “Couldn’t go worse for Minnesota!” as the broadcast headed to commercial.

Romo was more diagnostic later in the game, stating plainly that the Vikings can’t contend in the NFC if their offensive line doesn’t play better.

Both statements were full of truth.

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-season-could-get-ugly-fast/494087261/

Skol Vikes!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Skol Vikes!!

The Griffin story is crazy. You have to wonder if he plays again this year.

The Griffin story is crazy. You have to wonder if he plays again this year.

I'm reminded of something. Was listening to Elizabeth Cook on XM's Outlaw Country. She's a singer/musician herself, and she was talking on-air about how she was gearing up to go back into the studio, and that stresses her out, and for that reason she was back temporarily on her anti-depressant meds. A lot of anxiety associated with being in the public eye, having tons of fans with high hopes and expectations, and having self-imposed high standards of performance.

Better start to the game than I was expecting I'll take it! Go vikes!

Can we have Terrance Newman back. Maybe B Robinson too? Defense has not been the same

Zimmers defense got figured out last year against the Saints and he hasn’t made an adjustment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zimmers defense got figured out last year against the Saints and he hasn’t made an adjustment.

It’s terrible execution too. No pass rush, can’t cover anyone, stupid penalties.

This almost reminds me of a probowl with all the offense. Both QBs with over 250 yards in the first half!

It’s terrible execution too. No pass rush, can’t cover anyone, stupid penalties.

Sendejo can’t cover and teams keep isolating him. Zimmers won’t blitz so that allows teams to run long crossing routes and running backs on wheel routes.

THe officials aren’t helping either. Screwed Thielen out of 7, then picked up the flag for some reason on the Gurley screen that ended up in a FG.

THe officials aren’t helping either. Screwed Thielen out of 7, then picked up the flag for some reason on the Gurley screen that ended up in a FG.

That was a double screw. Missed the contact to his head and then took him out of the game on a crucial 3rd down play because.........of contact to the head!

Rams are averaging 11.6 yards a play. They have 19 first downs on 40 plays.

I dont know what happened to this defense.

Zimmer......what the hell?

per STrib:

Vikings defensive end Everson Griffen made his first public comments, on Instagram, since undergoing a mental health evaluation following two police incidents last weekend.

Griffen, the 30-year-old team captain, said he’s “focused on resolving personal issues with which I have been dealing for a long time” and thanked his family, team and fans for their support.

Griffen vowed to return to the Vikings “a much-improved person and player.”

“This past week’s events have raised many questions and I want to apologize to everyone who was impacted,” Griffen wrote on his verified Instagram account. “I am currently focused on resolving personal issues with which I have been dealing for a long time. Once I have had time to address those issues, I hope to share my story with everyone. I am extremely grateful for the support I have received from my family, the Vikings organization, my teammates and our tremendous fan base. I apologize for not being able to take the field with my teammates and do not have an exact timeline for my return. I promise, however, I will return as a much-improved person and player.”

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-...turn-as-improved-player-and-person/494561671/

Skol Vikes!!

Zim better work some magic on the defense and fast. Cousins has actually been better than I expected and the line protected decently tonight. But we can't run the ball and our vaunted defense sucks.

Sendejo can’t cover and teams keep isolating him. Zimmers won’t blitz so that allows teams to run long crossing routes and running backs on wheel routes.

Him and his lack of coverage skill and his arm-amputee tackling technique: hard to know the magnitude of his role in this suddenly looking like one of the worst Viking defenses I've seen in my life. Honestly, this starts to remind me of the 1984 team that, by the end of the season, couldn't stop anybody from doing anything. I remember that prick Elway saying, "We could have scored 70" if they'd wanted to.

Him and his lack of coverage skill and his arm-amputee tackling technique: hard to know the magnitude of his role in this suddenly looking like one of the worst Viking defenses I've seen in my life. Honestly, this starts to remind me of the 1984 team that, by the end of the season, couldn't stop anybody from doing anything. I remember that prick Elway saying, "We could have scored 70" if they'd wanted to.

I must admit......I get sick to my stomach every time I watch him play and see what passes for an NFL safety and the High school Administrator that comes to my house to raid my tool box.[emoji15][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must admit......I get sick to my stomach every time I watch him play and see what passes for an NFL safety and the High school Administrator that comes to my house to raid my tool box.[emoji15][emoji41]

Where has the guy we signed from the Bengals been? I haven't seen him make many plays.

Where has the guy we signed from the Bengals been? I haven't seen him make many plays.

Sendejo has pictures of Zimmer doing something unscrupulous so they won’t play the other guy. Sendejo and Chris Conte should get on their knees every night and thank the heavens because calling them horrible would be a compliment.
https://youtu.be/KyttW6etOpM

Sendejo has pictures of Zimmer doing something unscrupulous so they won’t play the other guy. Sendejo and Chris Conte should get on their knees every night and thank the heavens because calling them horrible would be a compliment.
https://youtu.be/KyttW6etOpM

The funny thing is, I heard at least 1 or 2 brief discussions on one of the national "expert" NFL talk shows in the offseason/preseason, like MMQB or Move The Sticks, talk about how great Sendejo is and how well he does in the Vikings scheme. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, actually made me have to re-think his play but I think he's horrendous, just terrible.

A quarter of the way through the season and it's so far, so good, to say the least.

Top Bottom