2018 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

The Vikings need to clean house from Spielman on down. Cousins is a bust.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Mediocre team that might still back into the playoffs.

Brutal. They never pick up flags for that. Except tonight of course.

The Vikings haven’t got a favorable shake from the refs since before Sean Payton’s D coordinator was paying players to end the career of Hall of Fame QBs to “win” a Super Bowl.

Mediocre team that might still back into the playoffs.
No way in Hell this team is getting in the playoffs. Miami is going to beat us like a rented mule next Sunday.

Gaardsie chimes in:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Skol Vikes!!

Gaardsie chimes in:

Skol Vikes!!
Did Gaardsie bring enough mind altering substances for the whole class?

The Vikings need to clean house from Spielman on down. Cousins is a bust.

Cousins is Cousins, costly turnovers, meaningless great games, untimely bad games. We paid a good QB like he was a franchise QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The stopped focusing on Thielen after he had that unfortunate fumble that wnded up losing the game over a month ago, and the offense has been total **** since. You don’t shut out your best player because he fumbled on a hustle play... unless you’re the Minnesota Vikings, that is.

Cousins is Cousins, costly turnovers, meaningless great games, untimely bad games. We paid a good QB like he was a franchise QB.

That is enough to fire Spielman.

No way in Hell this team is getting in the playoffs. Miami is going to beat us like a rented mule next Sunday.

Wanna bet? Miami is not good. The reality is they have Miami, @Detroit and Chicago in what will likely be a meaningless game for them. We could easily go 3-0.

The stopped focusing on Thielen after he had that unfortunate fumble that wnded up losing the game over a month ago, and the offense has been total **** since. You don’t shut out your best player because he fumbled on a hustle play... unless you’re the Minnesota Vikings, that is.

To be fair, I think it has more to do with defenses deciding they will not let him be the one to beat them.

Just have to assume that the Vikings Front Office had film from Michigan State and had never seen him play for the Redskins.

To be fair, I think it has more to do with defenses deciding they will not let him be the one to beat them.

Maybe a part of that...but the reality is that the game hinged on the failed fourth down pass to well-covered Rudolph...while your top receiver (Thielen) was wide open on the cross right in front of the mediocre QB. Note: Keenum would have either hit Thielen there or RUN it in.

Maybe a part of that...but the reality is that the game hinged on the failed fourth down pass to well-covered Rudolph...while your top receiver (Thielen) was wide open on the cross right in front of the mediocre QB. Note: Keenum would have either hit Thielen there or RUN it in.

I'm a Broncos fan too. Keenum regressed as expected. I think they would have largely the same record if they'd kept him, though it depends on what they would have spent the extra $10 million on. The reality is there was no right answer. Our best chance to solve our QB problem was Bridgewater before he shredded his knee. Our choices last off-season we're all flawed. (Bradford anyone?) Now we have no choice but to hope Cousins can play better.

Wanna bet? Miami is not good. The reality is they have Miami, @Detroit and Chicago in what will likely be a meaningless game for them. We could easily go 3-0.
I'm not one to take sucker bets from marks. This team is going 0 for December.
Miami beat New England, a team we had trouble keeping up with. Detroit is going to need a win and it won't get easier than beating us at Ford Field. The Bears will come in to US Bank Stadium to play a team with no playoff prospects and thoroughly demoralized from being on a four game losing streak.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm not one to take sucker bets from marks. This team is going 0 for December.
Miami beat New England, a team we had trouble keeping up with. Detroit is going to need a win and it won't get easier than beating us at Ford Field. The Bears will come in to US Bank Stadium to play a team with no playoff prospects and thoroughly demoralized from being on a four game losing streak.

OK. Mr. Sunshine.

Accept mediocrity at your own peril.

How is it accepting mediocrity to not leap to the conclusion that we're not going to win another game because we lost road games at two play-off teams?

Cousins can be good enough to win big here. They need to invest at least 3 picks and a FA in the offensive line. I don't think Tom Brady would do well behind what we have. You get hit every time you drop back and that is going to take its toll on your play. Now if we could go back in time and invest in the line instead of Cousins- I'd do it. But he's here for the long haul and we need to get him support as well as start opening holes for Cook who hasn't gotten an ounce of help either.

The announcers stunk by the way.

That is enough to fire Spielman.

I still don’t have a problem with the Cousins deal. Keenum wasn’t the answer, and either you overpay for a FA or you draft one.

He should be held accountable for everything else this offseason, however. Drafting a kicker only to cut him, not addressing the worst position group (o-line), and hiring an OC that doesn’t jive at all with your head coach.

My money is on Flip and Priefer getting canned at the end of the season, but Spielman keeps his job.

How is it accepting mediocrity to not leap to the conclusion that we're not going to win another game because we lost road games at two play-off teams?
We haven't beat a team with a winning record all season. That sounds like mediocre to me. Defending this team by diverting the focus to losing two road games to playoff quality teams means you are embracing mediocrity and getting ready to smooch it.

i
Cousins can be good enough to win big here. They need to invest at least 3 picks and a FA in the offensive line. I don't think Tom Brady would do well behind what we have. You get hit every time you drop back and that is going to take its toll on your play. Now if we could go back in time and invest in the line instead of Cousins- I'd do it. But he's here for the long haul and we need to get him support as well as start opening holes for Cook who hasn't gotten an ounce of help either.

It certainly doesn’t help at all that every decent player on that line (of which there are too few) gets injured. I agree with you take, but that was also the obvious play heading into 2018 and they flubbed up FA and the draft to boot on two High-prices FA’s that didn’t really help their true deficiencies.

We haven't beat a team with a winning record all season. That sounds like mediocre to me. Defending this team by diverting the focus to losing two road games to playoff quality teams means you are embracing mediocrity and getting ready to smooch it.

I'm not "embracing" anything. I'm stating an opinion as an NFL observer that they will probably win 2 or even all 3 remaining games. Despite our flaws, we are a better team than Miami or Detroit and can certainly beat Chicago if they sit Trabisky and co. Nothing more.

When spielman was GM for Miami wasn’t their major problem oline play? He didn’t learn a thing and still hasn’t. He needs to be the first to go.

When spielman was GM for Miami wasn’t their major problem oline play? He didn’t learn a thing and still hasn’t. He needs to be the first to go.

His entire tenure was a disaster. I'd be fine with him being canned. Maybe give Zimmer one more year with the new GM.

I'm not "embracing" anything. I'm stating an opinion as an NFL observer that they will probably win 2 or even all 3 remaining games. Despite our flaws, we are a better team than Miami or Detroit and can certainly beat Chicago if they sit Trabisky and co. Nothing more.
I'm taking the position that this team is so emotionally defeated that they will have given up. I haven't felt this level of despondency emanating from a team since the Gopher Volleyball team lost their second match against Oregon.

The OLine is as bad as i’ve seen and we’ve watched some pretty bad ones in the last decade. Cousins was bad in DC too though...The fact that the team that drafted and developed him had no problem watching him walk out the door says it all. It’s a shame last year didn’t work out because that really did feel like the year. It’s how it goes I guess. The Vikings luck will turn at some point.

Top Bottom