2018 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Strong move by the Vikings picking up Bailey. After the weekend a number of other NFL teams had with their kickers, he was going to be a hot commodity.

Spielman has had some good drafts. But he's too prideful and slow to admit when he's made a mistake and move on. If we'd drafted Diggs in the 1st round and Treadwell in the 5th, Treadwell wouldn't be here. It's dumb.

There's another reason they will probably hang onto him. These numbers do not include the Bailey signing.

Right now, the Vikings are $4 million under the cap. If they cut Treadwell, his cap hit goes from $2.7 million to $5.8 million. That’s a lot of extra dead money, and unless they re-work deals with other players to free some cap money up, this doesn’t seem very plausible. It would be a classic ‘cut off your nose to spite your face’ move, and it would leave the Vikings thin at WR with no realistic way to sign a free agent. So no, I don’t see the team making a roster move with Treadwell.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2018/9/17/17869298/minnesota-vikings-cut-laquon-treadwell-daniel-carlson-at-least-he-was-wide-right-this-time

Strong move by the Vikings picking up Bailey. After the weekend a number of other NFL teams had with their kickers, he was going to be a hot commodity.

Word was Bailey turned down offers before the season too. There were only certain teams he would sign with.

It's almost a guarantee. Hell....in 2016 we drafted Willie Beavers in the 4th round as an o-lineman and he didn't make the team. Point is....the hell with the pick. If the kid can't play.....you don't jeopardize your billion dollar team for that one insignificant player.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Nailed it.[emoji1531][emoji1531][emoji1531][emoji1531]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to Zimmer, Bailey still has to pass his physical, and he has had some past injury issues. So not quite a done deal yet. But as long as he passes his physical, this was the right move.

I will not say anything negative about Trump for 24 hours. Or maybe 12. At least 4 hours.

Do we have to bet on this now? If you can pull it off?

How about just say something nice about Trump and we are good. You can say something about his haircut even.

Do we have to bet on this now? If you can pull it off?

How about just say something nice about Trump and we are good. You can say something about his haircut even.

His comb-over is one of the best I've ever seen.

Nailed it.[emoji1531][emoji1531][emoji1531][emoji1531]

Thanks, sporty. At least I can get one thing right.

And while we're on the topic....why did we go after Bailey rather than bringing back Kai? Is that just Spielman not willing to eat crow? Because Kai had an impressive accuracy rating for us. Bailey was on a down slope if I remember correctly.

Thanks, sporty. At least I can get one thing right.

And while we're on the topic....why did we go after Bailey rather than bringing back Kai? Is that just Spielman not willing to eat crow? Because Kai had an impressive accuracy rating for us. Bailey was on a down slope if I remember correctly.

Bailey had his worse year last year, but overall he's still a better kicker than Forbath. Injuries may have also been part of the reason for his slide. If healthy, he's one of the best kickers in the NFL.

Bailey had his worse year last year, but overall he's still a better kicker than Forbath. Injuries may have also been part of the reason for his slide. If healthy, he's one of the best kickers in the NFL.

Yeah. He's only 30. I thought he was older. As long as he's healthy, I'd take him over Forbath.

Vikings just resigned Tom Johnson for up to $1.5 million.

Amazing to think the Vikings now have all 11 starters back from the #1 regular season scoring and total defense last year yet were able to add two guys nearly just as good if not better than the the guys starting at their position last year in Sheldon Richardson and George Iloka.

Last edited:

Vikings just resigned Tom Johnson for up to $1.5 million.

Amazing to think the Vikings now have all 11 starters back from the #1 regular season scoring and total defense last year yet were able to add two guys nearly just if not better than the the guys starting at their position last year in Sheldon Richardson and George Iloka.

There's no question that Richardson is better than Johnson. Richardson is probably playing the best of anyone on the entire Vikings team right now.

There's no question that Richardson is better than Johnson. Richardson is probably playing the best of anyone on the entire Vikings team right now.

I agree

Iloka was the one I was referring to as nearly just as good, and Richardson as the one who is of course better.

Last edited:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That account is really funny.

Cook and Griffien out on Sunday. I’m guessing if it wasnt Buffalo and didn’t have a Thursday game against the Rams, both would be playing.

Charley Walters: Vikings won’t be able to afford Anthony Barr

The way it looks now, it will be surprising if Anthony Barr plays for the Minnesota Vikings next season.

That's because Adam Thielen is on pace to receive the same five-year contract extension that fellow Vikings wide receiver Stefon Diggs got last July, $81 million with $40 million guaranteed for five years. Thielen, 28, can become a free agent after the 2019 season. Diggs could have become a free agent after this season had he not signed the new deal.

Thielen’s signing probably will mean the Vikings can’t afford to re-sign Barr, an outside linebacker who can become a free agent after this season.

Barr, 26, even though he’s not a premier player, is a good player. Under contract for $12.3 million this season, if he plays well might be able to command a five-year, free agent deal in the $55 million range from a team with more salary cap space than the constrained Vikings.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/09/22/charley-walters-vikings-wont-be-able-to-afford-anthony-barr/

Skol Vikes!!

Nice message to send to players that we have a easy game by resting players who could have played (Cook and Griffin)

No offensive face mask, train the defense to be overly cautious how the “touch” a QB then insert athletic QB equals this.

Hey Zimmer! Most teams blitz rookies for a reason.

I guess hitting the QBs head is ok if his name is Cousins.

Nice message to send to players that we have a easy game by resting players who could have played (Cook and Griffin)

The upcoming short week had a lot to do with it.

$84 million guaranteed huh? I need last weeks Cousin every week. He looks like deer in head lights.

Hey Zimmerman...please blitz the rookie.

Top Bottom