Frost adds UCF starting safety as grad transfer; his 9th juco/transfer

swingman

Reaction score
https://collegefootballtalk.nbcspor...ety-tre-neal-to-join-scott-frost-at-nebraska/

Looking to graduate this week...started 13 games last year, fourth leading tackler.

From Omaha World Herald:

Scott Frost continues to add immediate help to the roster. Make that six junior-college signees, one regular transfer and two graduate transfers who can play immediately for Nebraska this year. Six of those players — Neal, Will Honas, Will Jackson, Deontai Williams, Vaha Vainuku and Breon Dixon — are on defense, and don’t be surprised if at least five play major roles right away this season. It prompts the question: How good can Nebraska be this year, and, moreover, what is reasonable to expect? NU didn’t add all these seasoned veterans to sit on the bench, so it’s fair to expect them to help Nebraska win games. How many? Maybe two to three wins? Most Husker fans would be happy with 7-5 if it were offered right now.

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/footb...cle_8b4ff923-c5de-5a7b-ba49-fc52e32e049d.html

Minnesota has had six scholarship juco/transfers under PJ and eight walk-on transfers:

6 scholarship: Williamson transfer from Florida, OJ Smith transfer from Bama, juco Royal Silver, juco Ben Davis, juco Jason Dickson, juco Vic Viramontes

8 walk-on: WR Yale VanDyne from Iowa, WR Gossage from EIU, WR Thompson from IWCC, DT Novak-Goar from IWCC, DL Victor White from Concordia, LB Owen Piche from Navy Prep, punter Melvin from SMU, DB McDonald from UM-D

As I mentioned in a different post, Frost had success in Florida with marginal student athletes. Some of those Players wouldn’t have qualified for admittance to the U. Now it looks like Nebraska has altered their admittance standards. Sure the U wouldn’t change their admittance standards to help PJ. Guess Nebraska wants that championship more than Minnesota.

As I mentioned in a different post, Frost had success in Florida with marginal student athletes. Some of those Players wouldn’t have qualified for admittance to the U. Now it looks like Nebraska has altered their admittance standards. Sure the U wouldn’t change their admittance standards to help PJ. Guess Nebraska wants that championship more than Minnesota.

Do we know if they actually changed their rules?

I guess the Neb fans wouldn't care, but I'd be sad to see Neb go back to picking up some terrible dudes in exchange for wins.

As I mentioned in a different post, Frost had success in Florida with marginal student athletes. Some of those Players wouldn’t have qualified for admittance to the U. Now it looks like Nebraska has altered their admittance standardis. Sure the U wouldn’t change their admittance standards to help PJ. Guess Nebraska wants that champion nship more than Minnesota.
Would you have a link for Nebraska relaxing their standards? I searched and did not find any info. Thanks in advance.

Like I posted in another thread, I simply don't believe this to be correct in regards to admissions.

We're talking about massive, public universities, with 30, 40, even 50k students enrolled. They can very easily afford to let-in 30 guys per year who aren't the brightest bulbs, and meet just the minimum NCAA Division I standards (which are quite low). I would bet that every one of the Big Ten *public* schools likely has a policy in place for special allowances in the admissions dept, for something like an affirmative action and/or "give them a chance" type deal. That's my guess, I don't know for fact. But it seems reasonable to me ...

Top Bottom