25% of Fresno State recruiting class not on roster

swingman

Reaction score
Roster update from Fresno State 247...of the 20 signees in the Fresno State 2018 #94 ranked recruiting class, four are being gray-shirted, one is going juco, and three are still finalizing admissions:

The following 2018 recruits are confirmed in:

- QB Ben Wooldridge
- QB Steven Comstock
- WR Emoryie Edwards
- WR Ricardo Arias
- OL Tyrone Sampson
- DL Leonard Payne
- DL Matt Lawson
- DL Matt Kjeldgaard
- DE Isaiah Johnson (Spring)
- LB Sherwin King
- DB Shawn Doursaeu
- K Shane Ciucci

Expected to be added to the roster
- WR Austin Alexander
- TE Cam Sutton
- DE Alexandre Dumais

Grayshirts
- OL Elijah Carson
- WR Rodney Wright III
- LB Kilifi Leaaetoa
- CB Deshawn Ruffin

Headed elsewhere
- WR/TE Bryce Parker (JuCo)

Non-recruiting class roster updates:
- Offensive lineman Shane Gama will forgo his final year of eligibility at Fresno State and will not return to the roster this season.
- Walk-on linebacker Tanner Rice has also been removed from the roster after suffering a significant injury in the spring that would sideline him for all of 2018.
- Walk-on tight end / defensive lineman Clayton Alexander is no longer with the team.

Additions
- Delvon Hardaway has been granted his extra year of eligibility and will wear No. 82 since Marcus McMaryion has his old No. 6.
- Hanford offensive lineman Joseph Bonner will walk-on.
- Irvine linebacker Rian Fields will walk-on

Subtractions
The following players were previously reported by BarkBoard.com as leaving and have since been removed from the roster:
- DB DeShawn Potts
- LB Nela Otukolo
- QB Kyle Lindquist
- QB Brent Bailey
- OL Clive Truschel
- TE Donte Coleman
- TE Kyle Hendrickson

https://247sports.com/college/fresn...pdate-Additions-Departures-Updates-120058459/

this is a game we should win no matter which recruits are playing.

This Fresno State team is actually higher rated than the Gophers. We have a good chance of wining (I think we will) but it is not a "gimme".

I don't think "should win" has ever meant much as far as gopher game outcomes goes.

Not just for the Gophers but anyone. Upsets occur all the time in college Football. Why the negativity Bacon?

I don't see the purpose of the thread, as this shouldn't effect our game, but...

based on other's replies I'm actually expecting a loss here. Our QB will still be raw, our team will not have been tested yet, Fresno State is coming off a strong season, and next to Boise State and UCLA we're their biggest game. If it were the fourth NC game, I'd be more optimistic.

I don't see the purpose of the thread, as this shouldn't effect our game, but...

based on other's replies I'm actually expecting a loss here. Our QB will still be raw, our team will not have been tested yet, Fresno State is coming off a strong season, and next to Boise State and UCLA we're their biggest game. If it were the fourth NC game, I'd be more optimistic.

We only have 3 NC games nowadays.

QB is raw? They have the whole NMSU game to get one or both broken in plus 9 days to prep for Fresno. What do you want? Croft? Morgan and Annexstad are a huge upgrade at QB. Neither one was a bolo in the spring game. They are about to get intense coaching in a couple more days.

Not just for the Gophers but anyone. Upsets occur all the time in college Football. Why the negativity Bacon?

Not sure what you mean by negativity. Just not sure what "should win" even means if it really hasn't been a factor. Comments like that are like the "we should get better" stuff ... like we'd improve infinitely or something...

QB is raw? They have the whole NMSU game to get one or both broken in plus 9 days to prep for Fresno. What do you want? Croft? Morgan and Annexstad are a huge upgrade at QB. Neither one was a bolo in the spring game. They are about to get intense coaching in a couple more days.

Pass the bong. My hot take is that if a lightly used, almost virginal true freshman is in a legit QB battle with our incumbent redshirt freshman this is a less than positive sign for 2018. Sure, it could just be a smokescreen motivational tactic. Sure, one of them (or both) will maybe, possibly better by the latter half of the year. Sure, Annexstad could be the next Carson Wentz. I hope somebody wins this race early in camp.

I would be hesitant to pick the Gophers in this game. Fresno State finished 10 and 4 last year, beating Houston in the Aloha Bowl. I think the Gophers will probably be at least 7 point underdogs going into this game. It will be a real test.

We only have 3 NC games nowadays.
Thank you, mental lapse on my part. Fourth game, maybe fifth since we start with Iowa.

Raw: unprepared or imperfectly prepared for use; not being in polished, finished, or processed form; lacking experience or understanding.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/raw

NMSU will be a leap from HS ball for them. Fresno State will be a leap from a NMSU-level team they have yet to prove they're capable of handling, let alone on a consistent basis. It's not about what I want, it's the fact that Fresno State should be favored, deservedly so. Annexstad and/or Morgan will most likely will surpass the QB's of last year, but this game will likely be over their heads on week two. As for coaching, we have only seen one year of their work with mediocre/sub-par results, so let's not assume they can turn a zero experience player into someone who can lead a team to victory in a matter of weeks - especially at the QB position. I'm just being realistic.

He’s saying Fresno is +1 for the betting line, according to some website

Top Bottom