Gophers to Face Oklahoma State in U.S. Bank Stadium Basketball Classic

DanielHouse

Reaction score
In an effort to perform a test run for basketball at U.S. Bank Stadium, the Gophers will be hosting the U.S. Bank Stadium Classic. Minnesota will face Oklahoma State on Friday, Nov. 30. Game time and broadcast information will be announced at a later date.

The Gophers are part of the two-day, four-game event at the home of the Minnesota Vikings. Prior to the Minnesota-Oklahoma State matchup, St. Thomas and Wisconsin River-Falls will square off. On Saturday, North Dakota State will battle Drake, followed by a game between South Dakota State and Northern Iowa.

Tickets will go on sale for the games on Friday, Aug. 10 at 10 a.m. CT and are available for two-day or single-day packages. A pre-game tailgate party at the Delta Sky360 Club will be available for $35 and begins three hours prior to the first game each day. Tickets will be available for purchase on Ticketmaster.com.

Hopefully Gophers get a bunch of practice in the arena first, take advantage of weird sightlines behind the hoop vs normal arena for home court advantage

From what i reading here is the game times for each game.

Friday, November 30, 6:00 pm*
University of St. Thomas vs. University of Wisconsin – River Falls Subject to change.

Friday, November 30, 8:30 pm*
University of Minnesota vs. Oklahoma State University

Saturday, December 1, 5:30 pm*
North Dakota State University vs. Drake University

Saturday, December 1, 8:00 pm*
South Dakota State University vs. University of Northern Iowa​

https://www.usbankstadium.com/events/detail/usbs-basketball-classic

It would have been fun if they did all four games on Saturday similar to the first round of the tourney. A day session and night session. Would be easier for people to go to all 4 games that way.

Also too bad it couldn't have been Minn vs Iowa St. More fans to come up to the stadium, likely.

Looks like I'll only need a one-day pass.

The Tommies were down last year but history tell us they probably won't stay there. River Falls is also sure to have some talented players.

Also too bad it couldn't have been Minn vs Iowa St. More fans to come up to the stadium, likely.

ISU recruits many MN kids - not sure it would be a good idea to give them exposure in Mpls. But I do get what you are saying.

Wish we played ISU yearly in football and basketball. Seems like a sensible move but both schools are probably afraid of it blowing up in their face and losing a bunch.

Wish we played ISU yearly in football and basketball. Seems like a sensible move but both schools are probably afraid of it blowing up in their face and losing a bunch.
For football it doesn't make sense for ISU. Nine conference games, plus the game with Iowa

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I would love to have Iowa St in the Big Ten and in the West in football. Good facilities and fan support, history with Nebraska and Iowa. Doesn’t add any new markets, I understand. Probably never happen, but I still would support it.

Top Bottom