What We Know About Gophers Schedule

Vancouver Showcase Update

These teams appear to be only possibilities for 2 Gophers home games. Iona & Omaha most likely.

Vancouver Showcase Possibilities
#81 Belmont
#92 East Tennessee State
#108 Iona
#117 New Mexico
#173 Mercer
#192 Louisiana Tech
#222 Texas Southern
#233 Delaware
#285 Omaha
#306 UT-Martin
#311 Lafayette
#338 Maine
#346 UMES

Last edited:

We have to be nearing a record for latest schedule release.

We have to be nearing a record for latest schedule release.

Yep, there must be a hang-up with the Vancouver Showcase "lesser" teams. That has to be what's holding it up. Either that, or Pitino's trying to make hay (Quad 2) with the last remaining TBD game.

Wouldn't mind a home and home with New Mexico, be fun to do a trip to the Pit in the next couple of years

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Wouldn't mind a home and home with New Mexico, be fun to do a trip to the Pit in the next couple of years

That would be a really solid home & home. Lobos are expected to start on an upswing this season, though I'd imagine if Pitino scheduled a second home & home he'd want to start it on the road to help balance schedule next season.

That would be a really solid home & home. Lobos are expected to start on an upswing this season, though I'd imagine if Pitino scheduled a second home & home he'd want to start it on the road to help balance schedule next season.
Maybe, he could always do it two years out as well

Scratch Delaware & Louisiana Tech off the list

(updated Aug. 29)

These teams the possibilities for 2 Gophers home games. Iona & Omaha are the rumored opponents.

Vancouver Showcase Possibilities
#92 East Tennessee State
#108 Iona
#117 New Mexico
#173 Mercer
#285 Omaha
#306 UT-Martin
#311 Lafayette
#338 Maine
#346 UMES

Last edited:

Yep, there must be a hang-up with the Vancouver Showcase "lesser" teams. That has to be what's holding it up. Either that, or Pitino's trying to make hay (Quad 2) with the last remaining TBD game.

I've confirmed this with the ticket office. This is exactly why they cannot release the non-con schedule, Vancouver Tournament is prohibiting them to do so either directly or indirectly.

Take Belmont off the list

Looking more & more like it’ll be Iona & Omaha.

Assuming Iona & Omaha are on schedule, leaves just 1 game TBD.

Odd, we now know who the Gopher football team is playing in 2025, but not who basketball team is playing this November.

Game Time for 12/30

Gophers will host Mount Saint Mary's on Dec. 30.

Anyone know when they will set game times? We are bringing the family up to MN for Gopher home basketball and hockey and wanted to include the Vikings game that is also 12/30 at 1 PM. Really hoping we could do both.

Getting the sense the Vancouver Showcase is having trouble filling out the field, and we may end up with a non-D1 game like Franklin Pierce in 2014. Hope I'm wrong.

Getting the sense the Vancouver Showcase is having trouble filling out the field, and we may end up with a non-D1 game like Franklin Pierce in 2014. Hope I'm wrong.
If that's the case we should back out, schedule Santa Clara at home and work out home and homes with Washington and A&M

Umm... No. I just booked my flight to Vancouver.

You're fine.

The Vancouver part of the tournament is set in stone. Those games aren't in jeopardy. It's the home games for the 4 host schools (Gophers, Texas A&M, Washington, Santa Clara) that appears to be a mess.

That's why I'm hoping somehow Gophers get both Iona (home) and New Mexico (road, first leg of home & home) out of this mess. That would guarantee Gophers get 3 decent/good games out of the Showcase mess. I'll sacrifice a crappy home opponent (Omaha?) if it means getting a quality home & home that starts on the road this season.

UC Irvine has dropped out of Vancouver Showcase

Another thing that seems to indicate Showcase is having trouble rounding up teams.

Confirmed

Omaha will be Gophers’ season opener Nov. 6 @ Williams Arena, per Omaha schedule release. The game does not appear to be part of the Vancouver Showcase. That would mean both of the Gophers’ TBD games likely are part of Vancouver Showcase.

Any guess on how Omaha will be this year? Pom and Torvik have them as a 250 plus team. Would be nice if they played like they did a few years ago when they were a top 150.

Any guess on how Omaha will be this year? Pom and Torvik have them as a 250 plus team. Would be nice if they played like they did a few years ago when they were a top 150.

Top 160 NET would make them a Quadrant 3 opponent, so let’s hope Mavericks are at least that. They finished with RPI of 285 last season.

Weren't those quadrant rankings setup last year? Will those change with the new NET system? So 160 like you mentioned...could that be 150 or 140 or something as an example? Or do you think those numbers are locked in?

Weren't those quadrant rankings setup last year? Will those change with the new NET system? So 160 like you mentioned...could that be 150 or 140 or something as an example? Or do you think those numbers are locked in?

Pretty sure they said they were keeping the 4 quadrants as is. Will just replace RPI with NET.

Likely 2 of these 7

By my count, Gophers will get 2 of these 7 for the TBD Vancouver Showcase games.

#92 East Tennessee State
#108 Iona
#117 New Mexico
#173 Mercer
#311 Lafayette
#338 Maine
#346 UMES

Last edited:

Well, it seems like the TAMU game is going to be the biggest one of the non-conference season. Have to win that to have an sure-fire NCAA qualifier on the early season schedule.

Top Bottom