Friday night Big Ten games appear to be staying

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Randy:

Friday games will stay

Last year, Big Ten teams played six games on Friday nights, including three in intraconference play. Though there has been pushback from high school football officials, don’t expect the Friday games — aired by ESPN or Fox — to go away.

“A number of the schools said ‘We’d actually like a Friday game,’ ’’ Delany said. The Gophers have a Friday home game this year, on Oct. 26 against Indiana.

http://www.startribune.com/five-takewaways-from-big-ten-media-days/488955531/

Go Gophers!!

per Randy:

Friday games will stay

Last year, Big Ten teams played six games on Friday nights, including three in intraconference play. Though there has been pushback from high school football officials, don’t expect the Friday games — aired by ESPN or Fox — to go away.

“A number of the schools said ‘We’d actually like a Friday game,’ ’’ Delany said. The Gophers have a Friday home game this year, on Oct. 26 against Indiana.

http://www.startribune.com/five-takewaways-from-big-ten-media-days/488955531/

Go Gophers!!

My brother gets married that Saturday, so works out pretty good on a personal level! ����

If they have a home game once every 3 years on Friday night, it doesn't really bother me.

I just don't want it to become a tradition that the Minnesotas/Indianas/Purdues/Marylands are the only ones always hosting Friday night games.

If they have a home game once every 3 years on Friday night, it doesn't really bother me.

I just don't want it to become a tradition that the Minnesotas/Indianas/Purdues/Marylands are the only ones always hosting Friday night games.

This

A random friday game every couple years is cool. I bet the students get drunk for it and show up. Start partying at 2pm, show up around 7pm, go out after, wake up and its only Saturday. Sounds awesome for them.

I'm 100% for it, doesn't matter to me which day I'm on campus watching football and more night games is a good thing

A random friday game every couple years is cool. I bet the students get drunk for it and show up. Start partying at 2pm, show up around 7pm, go out after, wake up and its only Saturday. Sounds awesome for them.

I'm 100% for it, doesn't matter to me which day I'm on campus watching football and more night games is a good thing

Hmm, I'm feeling left out... why restrict this scenario to students! :rolleyes:

Michigan and Ohio St and others outright said they wouldn't do it at home .... I think it's going to be a thing the other teams do and less so the big names.

Hmm, I'm feeling left out... why restrict this scenario to students! :rolleyes:

GREAT point. Students and degenerates can party all day. If I'm going to a Friday night college game, I'm leaving work by Noon

Top Bottom