Iowa football player drunkenly mistakes police car for an Uber

dpodoll68

Elite Poster
Reaction score

when you weigh 270, you have got to drink a LOT to hit .204 on the breathalyzer. I'm impressed he was still able to walk and talk. this guy can hold his liquor.

I'd say the only thing he did wrong was obvious public intoxication, but all in all, not a big deal.

when you weigh 270, you have got to drink a LOT to hit .204 on the breathalyzer. I'm impressed he was still able to walk and talk. this guy can hold his liquor.

Exactly what I was thinking! That's an absurd amount of alcohol for someone at that weight.

That player was not being #elite socially.

Exactly what I was thinking! That's an absurd amount of alcohol for someone at that weight.

That raises some questions about how an unpaid college student can afford to drink that much... or what kind of garbage they're drinking ....

That raises some questions about how an unpaid college student can afford to drink that much... or what kind of garbage they're drinking ....

His brother is a millionaire. I'm guessing if he needed, he could get $50 to buy some booze.

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sport...enly-mistaking-police-car-uber-212132977.html

I'll take any opportunity I can to rip on Iowa's football program, but I fail to see what he did wrong in this situation. Throw him in the drunk tank for a few hours? Sure. But to arrest him? For what?

Oh, and of course he's a South Dakota native (and Riley Reiff's little brother) - doing my home state proud!

When you blow 2.5x the legal limit, I'm guessing the arrest is pretty automatic. Times have changed, they don't just drive you home and drop you off anymore.

Didn't Riley lead cops on a naked foot chase when he was at Iowa?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I think when you are at that point the cops will just use the public intoxicatiion arrest for the person's own safety.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Lol. I've destroyed that number MANY times!!!!!.................:(

An Iowa offensive lineman has been arrested for drunk driving.

Details have not yet been released in the arrest of Tristan Wirfs, 19. But Iowa City Police records show Wirfs was stopped in the 600 block of South Riverside Drive – just north of Benton Street – about 1:45 a.m. Sunday. He was then booked into the Johnson County Jail about two hours later on a charge of 1st Offense Operating While Under the Influence.

If convicted, he faces up to a year in jail.

Wirfs, a Mount Vernon native, played in 10 games during his true freshman season last year, starting the final eight at tackle. He had been listed as a starter during spring practice.

He’s done. Rough one for Iowa

Well as we always say let the process play out. I've seen strange punishments before so who knows if he'll be back on the field. I would agree though, it doesn't look good.

Well as we always say let the process play out. I've seen strange punishments before so who knows if he'll be back on the field. I would agree though, it doesn't look good.
If Lawrence Phillips could come back after pulling his girlfriend by the pony tail down three flights of stairs, anything is possible.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom