Shannon Brooks in 2018?

WinLoseOrTy

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Given the new Redshirt rule, they could play him in up to 4 games and still have him in 2019. I think this just points to Brook's injury being fully healed halfway through the season or so, so they think he might be healthy enough to use him. Before the rule I think they thought the season would be a waste if they only played him in the last 4 or so games.

this is going to make game-planning a beyotch. you can spend all week preparing for an opponent, and then on game-day, here comes some kid off the bench as a '4-game' player and they throw a new formation or play at you that you haven't seen on film.

It puts a plus on creativity. the coaches who are most creative in using their roster and game-planning will have an advantage over the coaches who insist on doing the same thing all the time.

Thinking 3 Big 10 games and a Bowl. I'm assuming that is correct.

this is going to make game-planning a beyotch. you can spend all week preparing for an opponent, and then on game-day, here comes some kid off the bench as a '4-game' player and they throw a new formation or play at you that you haven't seen on film.

It puts a plus on creativity. the coaches who are most creative in using their roster and game-planning will have an advantage over the coaches who insist on doing the same thing all the time.

You think they'd run a whole new play for kid off the bench?

I guess that would be neat.

Game planning just for the plays that actually show up in film, is tough enough already.

If they pull off a completely new play for a big gain or a big stop/sack, and it was mostly because of scheme beating you ... there is really very little you can do other than tip your cap to them.

It just doesn’t work that well, usually. Otherwise, everyone would be running only completely new plays every week.

I think if he plays this year, he's not coming back, the shelf life is short in the NFL for running backs and if I think he proves that he's healthy he's gone

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I think if he plays this year, he's not coming back, the shelf life is short in the NFL for running backs and if I think he proves that he's healthy he's gone

I like Brooks as much as anyone, but its a long shot that he plays in NFL.

Let's all hope that new formation involves our linemen pushing the Wisconsin and Northwestern lines backwards. Because if they don't I doubt their coaches will lose any sleep over Brooks coming back or any of our ballcarriers. Their game plan only need to be as sophisticated as to push our guys backward and tackle whomever has the ball 1.5 seconds into the play.

I'm not sure I see it the same way. He won't be drafted just on the fact he's already missed a significant amount of time due to injuries and there's already questions on what his shelf life may be. That means he has to latch on as an undrafted free agent. The odds of them sticking around aren't great, and he's going to be playing on a very minimal contract. While I love Shannon, I just don't see him in the NFL, especially after we weren't sure we'd ever seen him in a Gopher jersey again as of a few months ago.

Love the kid, but he doens't have a professional future as of today.

Thinking 3 Big 10 games and a Bowl. I'm assuming that is correct.

Wrong! Wisconsin, B1G Championship, Playoff, National Championship :rolleyes:

Obviously tongue in cheek and highly unlikely this year, but that is something for the top teams to worry about. If you are 9 games into the season and in the hunt for the division title you may have to hold off bringing players in if you'd want to use them the rest of the way. If you have a stud RB that has been developing all year and can now be a difference maker, you may have to choose not to play him so you have him available if you make the playoffs. On the flip side, if a team is 1-7 there would be no reason for them not to play every freshman they have for the final four games.

I guess I don't agree with that. I think if he has any chance at the NFL he would need a year of being the healthy feature back, not sharing with Rodney Smith. I don't think that would stop him from playing some this year (more film is better, plus you don't have the stigma of "missing" this year). I'd be shocked to see him returning punts, but could easily see him in the backfield, especially if one of the top 2-3 backs are dinged up or ineffective.

Top Bottom