STrib: New "balcony club" seats at Williams Arena

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

New "balcony club" seats

Arguably the best view in Williams Arena for men’s and women’s Gophers basketball games is from the balcony seating, where members of the media have been sitting for, well, a very long time.

That is about to change for the first time next season. Media, including myself will be shedding a tear in November, but fans now get the chance to purchase what the Gophers are calling “balcony club” seats for the 2018-19 season.

Season ticket holders for basketball will get first crack. They were sent emails Thursday about the new upstairs premium seating opportunity, which will include approximately 24 leather seats.

Those interested need to opt in to the upgrade process, if they haven’t done already. That process begins next week on Monday.

The cost is $3,500 per seat for men's basketball and $750 for women's basketball. Fans who purchase two balcony club seats will get access to the Barn’s club room.

Once the season ticket holder upgrade process is completed, any remaining seats will be available to the general public, according to the Gophers.

Gophers Score points are used in the ordering process, as typical for other ticket upgrades. Contact the Gophers’ Fan relations department for more info.

Another seating change this season will be all courtside media being moved up to Section 203, which will be closer to the media room. Those press row seats will now be available for purchase as well.

http://www.startribune.com/injury-u...ru-gophers-offer-new-balcony-seats/488756341/

Go Gophers!!

So paying fans will get better seats? Seems to make a lot of sense to me.

So paying fans will get better seats? Seems to make a lot of sense to me.

Does it? The media are the eyes and ears for all fans not at the games...and many at the games who miss a lot. Making it more difficult to hear/see/see the bench/etc. isn't really good for reporting. I actually thought it was great that the beat reporters were courtside, they saw things we couldn't see from the balcony. Vice versa. Not sure if this applies to the TV and Radio guys, but they are the ones calling the games too that really need to see things very well.

I won't even get into the supply and demand portion right now, and the fact that there are a LOT of great seats that are empty.

Interesting shift, aside from making a few extra bucks, wonder why after years and years and years they decided to do this?

Does it? The media are the eyes and ears for all fans not at the games...and many at the games who miss a lot. Making it more difficult to hear/see/see the bench/etc. isn't really good for reporting. I actually thought it was great that the beat reporters were courtside, they saw things we couldn't see from the balcony. Vice versa. Not sure if this applies to the TV and Radio guys, but they are the ones calling the games too that really need to see things very well.

I won't even get into the supply and demand portion right now, and the fact that there are a LOT of great seats that are empty.

Interesting shift, aside from making a few extra bucks, wonder why after years and years and years they decided to do this?

I think it does because you can charge a premium for those seats. I'm not sure that the media needs to be moved to the 200 level but I think they can definitely cover a game from there. As for the radio/TV guys, most sports don't have them court side/field level.

But yeah, there are a lot of empty seats. The problems with U of M attendance is greater than where the media sits. I'm guessing the tax law changes will hurt attendance more since the "donation" portion is greatly reduced.

203 is a great view, Family had 204 season Tix when I was a kid. You can still see everything, you're actually closer than alot of the lower bowl seats

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Finally something for us average fa

They should move you right behind Pitino.

Top Bottom