ESPN to air 8 episode documentary on Duke's 2018-19 season

BleedGopher

Reaction score
It's about time ESPN started paying attention to Duke.

Per the AP:

Duke’s basketball team will be the subject of an all-access show.

The eight-episode series titled “Earn Everything” was announced Thursday by the school, and it will document the Blue Devils as they prepare for the 2018-19 season and will be released in the fall.

It will follow the players and coaches from their arrival on campus this summer, through next month’s exhibition tour in Canada and into the preparations for the Champions Classic season opener against Kentucky in November.

The series will air on ESPN Plus, which will broadcast the three exhibition games in Canada.

https://apnews.com/d5aecb7f8852492e...etball-to-appear-in-all-access-show-this-fall

Go Gophers!!

Another show that will benefit a blue blood!

Unfettered propaganda from ESPN for a program and coach that received nothing but for the last 30 years. Tell us again how Coach K is a molder and shaper of men who does things the right way! Pass.

I didn't think it was possible for ESPN to shove Duke down our throats even more than they have the past two seasons. Well, I was wrong...

Gosh, some of you guys sound really butthurt

Gosh, some of you guys sound really butthurt

Agreed. I get that a lot people don’t like Duke, but I’m often confused by the amount of energy spent on that hatred by posters on this site. Feels strange that this board seems to hate Duke more than any B1G team outside of Wisconsin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I, for one, hate Iowa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This will not be interesting because Duke is not an interesting team.

The documentary Fox Sports did 20 years ago about Fresno State, however, was gold.

How is this any different than the "Being PJ Fleck" show? I didn't see any of you have a problem with it then.

How is this any different than the "Being PJ Fleck" show? I didn't see any of you have a problem with it then.

PJ was a new, fresh story last year centered around trying to revitalize a long downtrodden program. What can possibly be revealing about Coach K and the Duke program that people haven't already been bludgeoned with by ESPN over the last 30+ years? I would instead love to see how a terrific young coach in Archie Miller is trying to return Indiana to its blue blood roots; seeing if Travis Steele can continue the run of outstanding Xavier coaches; watching Chris Mack's first year at Louisville following the recent mess of the Rick Pitino years; even seeing whether Porter Moser and Loyola can conquer the considerable challenges to stay atop the wave they rode last year. Off the top of my head those would be far superior and engaging stories to tell than the same regurgitated Duke script.

Agreed. I get that a lot people don’t like Duke, but I’m often confused by the amount of energy spent on that hatred by posters on this site. Feels strange that this board seems to hate Duke more than any B1G team outside of Wisconsin.

Both of you clearly do not watch a lot of college basketball outside the Gophers, or you are Duke fans. It has nothing to do with any hatred for Duke. I watch a crazy amount of college basketball, and it's unbelievable how much air time they get. EVERY college basketball show delegates a portion of the run-time just to talk about Duke. They are on national TV at least two times a week... every week. ESPN has always had a lovefest with them. I'm sure if they could, they would air every game and practice.

Both of you clearly do not watch a lot of college basketball outside the Gophers, or you are Duke fans. It has nothing to do with any hatred for Duke. I watch a crazy amount of college basketball, and it's unbelievable how much air time they get. EVERY college basketball show delegates a portion of the run-time just to talk about Duke. They are on national TV at least two times a week... every week. ESPN has always had a lovefest with them. I'm sure if they could, they would air every game and practice.

Maybe because they are good?

Taking away one's bias either way towards Duke, this seems like a pretty poor business decision for ESPN given how quick the news/sports/entertainment cycle moves these days. Again, forget it's Duke, does anyone care to watch a documentary on a prior year's sports season when the team didn't make a very deep post-season run, arguably underachieved, and the only household names on the team are no longer there (not to mention left college)? I for one do not.

Taking away one's bias either way towards Duke, this seems like a pretty poor business decision for ESPN given how quick the news/sports/entertainment cycle moves these days. Again, forget it's Duke, does anyone care to watch a documentary on a prior year's sports season when the team didn't make a very deep post-season run, arguably underachieved, and the only household names on the team are no longer there (not to mention left college)? I for one do not.

I feel like a lot of NBA fans would find it interesting to get an inside look at Bagley, Allen, Trent and Carter.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but this isn't about last year's team. Its about the upcoming season. To me this is like Hard Knocks or A Season With (Notre Dame, Florida State, Navy) Football.

I enjoyed Being PJ Fleck. I'm not a Duke fan (except when they play wisconsin) so I probably won't watch, but I can see how a lot of college hoops junkies would like the behind the scenes aspect.

Top Bottom