Biggest Surprise of the Year

Livingat45north

Reaction score
We need a new thread -- the current ones are getting pretty bland. Here goes...

In January of 2019, Sid, through his interpreter, asks PJ, "So PJ, now that this past season is in the books, what's the biggest surprise that happened for your Gopher team?"

Predict the answer, what will PJ say...

In a shocking cross species scandal, Goldy is accused of unwelcome advances towards a hamster.

C42DFD8A-F56D-41B6-8A59-A15681C0D58F.jpg

More seriously, I think Zack Annexstad might just might be prove to be an overlooked talent we will be thrilled to have.

“We had 11 scholarship seniors this whole time?”

We were just 3 plays from 10 wins. Our defense kept us in every game.

More seriously, I think Zack Annexstad might just might be prove to be an overlooked talent we will be thrilled to have.

He hasn't thrown a pass in a game yet and he is getting lots of praise.....not sure that is overlooked. ;)

"We knew Rush could play. When he got the opportunity, he never looked back. I didn't expect him to be on the All Freshman Big 10 team, let alone 3rd team All Big 10."

We were desperate so we called out that old guy in sec 140 to play quarterback and man he was great!

/dream

my best guess on biggest surprise - maybe one of the young WR's. So, PJ Says:

"We knew Bateman was good, but we really didn't expect him to become the team's leading receiver!!"

He’ll say, “Well, I don’t think there were really any major surprises. Some guys stepped up their game and played really well, but that’s football. Nothing really surprises me in this game.”

Or, “I was surprised how quickly the new guys picked things up.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I was surprised how wise the posters on Gopherhole really are. Letting them pick the starting 11 for both O and D really made our year. And getting that real-time polling system in place where they could call each play, perfect. Can't imagine we would have won a game without them, and look at us now, Nat'l Champs. It's all because of the brilliance of Gopherhole".

*stares suspiciously in the direction of the lowly bench people*

fry.PNG

"I expected big things from Tanner Morgan, but to have him be second in Heisman voting even surprised me. Especially, that he was second to Rodney Smith!!"

Top Bottom