Rumors about commitments

GopherLady

Reaction score
I haven't heard anything official yet, but a little birdie told me that the two people he would of guessed would commit by the end of the day are:

- Anthony Leon (that would be INCREDIBLE)
- Jeff Willis from Lackawanna college in PA. I personally, don't know much about him, but here's his profile on Scout (looks like they don't have much on him either):
Jeff Willis

Like I said, this is just an opinion, but I thought I'd share what I heard!

Leon would be a great pickup.
Jeff Willis - 6'-8" 330 lb OT - That's HUGE.

THANKS for the update

I haven't heard anything official yet, but a little birdie told me that the two people he would of guessed would commit by the end of the day are:

- Anthony Leon (that would be INCREDIBLE)
- Jeff Willis from Lackawanna college in PA. I personally, don't know much about him, but here's his profile on Scout (looks like they don't have much on him either):
Jeff Willis

Like I said, this is just an opinion, but I thought I'd share what I heard!

Here's hoping Paige follows suit.

Picture of Jeff Willis with Bryant McKinnie

I think I got it to work.

Anyway, here is a picture of Jeff Willis along with Lackawanna's other OT with Bryant McKinnie. I think Jeff is on the left.

Attachments

• 100_8017.jpg
    100_8017.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 106

GopherLady has some great inside the box references, and is usually pretty reliable. Keep it up, GL.

GopherLady has some great inside the box references, and is usually pretty reliable. Keep it up, GL.

Thanks Dr. Don - I appreciate your confidence in me, but this one is really just a rumor. It's just a gut feeling from someone that spent a lot of time with them this weekend. So take this with a grain of salt, but I really hope it pans out, especially the Leon rumor. Personally, I couldn't see him committing this weekend, without taking another visit - but a girl can dream, right?

Edit - Welcome to Gopher Nation, Jeff Willis. It looks like my source was good - perhaps he will be correct on Leon, that would be AWESOME!

did we really offer a scholarship to a one-star O-lineman??

who cares about stars? they dont matter the moment you step on the field. he sounds like a developmental project...in the end I trust Brewster and his staff over Rivals or Scout.

saw the youtube vid, looks like has good potential. point taken on relevance of stars. hopefully davis sees something he liked.

So did someone say GI had an article that 2 guys committed?? (althought they don't apparently name names) Is it safe to assume Leon is probably more than a rumor??

did we really offer a scholarship to a one-star O-lineman??

I don't think that Scout keeps up very well with JC guys...doesn't Scout rank most JCs as 1* until further notice/update?

I wonder if this means they aren't confident of landing Taylor Lewan.

How come he is with Mckinnie in the picture. Is he related to him or something.

How come he is with Mckinnie in the picture. Is he related to him or something.

Lackawanna came over to MN to play a game and Mck went to visit the team I think. I don't know the details of who, when, or where the game was though.

McKinnie played at the same JUCO before he went to Miami. So that is why he went to visit the team when they were playing RCTC.

I believe Oklahoma was interested in Wills as well. That says something.

Nice to see us getting some size upfront. I liked Mason's modified-ZBS, but I'd rather have lineman who can flatten guys and Davis strikes me as a guy who is looking to pancake a defense.

Jucos are rated very late if at all. Scout lists everyone at 1* if they have not yet evaluated them. Willis had an Alabama offer and Oklahoma was on him too. McKinney played at Lackawanna before transferring to Miami. Davis told Willis he COULD step in and start right away at RT next year. 6'7", 350lbs. He moves really well for a big guy. Once he's gets down to 325lb in Mark Hill's S/C program look out.

Taylor who?

Top Bottom