STrib: Breaking down the Gophers' opponents: New Mexico State

I wish I could attend the game against NMSU. Unfortunately I can't make it to the cities on a Thursday with my job. I was at the game in 2011 because that game my parents and I got to be on the field for the coin toss and they commemorated my brother who was KIA in Afghanistan in August 2011. After the coin toss Kill gave me a ball that was signed by him and a lot of the players that were on the team and told us they had passed the ball around during their pregame stuff in the locker room. That was when I became a gophers fan for life.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

New Mexico St has an experienced, attacking defense that has been much improved under their DC Frank Spaziani, and could pose problems for a new QB making his first start (whoever that ends up being). I expect that the Gophers will just run the ball down their throat, but they will not be pushovers...

NFL Calibre players????!!!!! Did McShay say this?

I wish I could attend the game against NMSU. Unfortunately I can't make it to the cities on a Thursday with my job. I was at the game in 2011 because that game my parents and I got to be on the field for the coin toss and they commemorated my brother who was KIA in Afghanistan in August 2011. After the coin toss Kill gave me a ball that was signed by him and a lot of the players that were on the team and told us they had passed the ball around during their pregame stuff in the locker room. That was when I became a gophers fan for life.

JK was a class act... I will always remember the 2011 game vs NMSU as it was hotter than Hades in the sun, and it was the first time as a Gopher coach that Jerry had a seizure during a game. A scary moment in time.

Top Bottom