Weyler 300 from 296
Olson 300 from 297
Schlueter 305 from 298
Greene at same 320
Davis 280 from 274
Sassack 290 from 283
Andries 315 from 313

Faalele 400, Dunlap 370, Dickson 315, York 300, Boe 285, Beier 285, Norton 260

Average gain of 3.9 lbs. Is that statistically significant?

Average gain of 3.9 lbs. Is that statistically significant?

A gallon of water weighs 10 pounds. People that size can have a swing of 5-10 lbs a day.

Let's not even get into taking a dump.

No, not at all significant.

So anyone note that the new weights are all reported in five pound increments? Clearly an average or rounding is taking place here so saying the guy reported at 283 last year has gained two pounds to 285....c'mon now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A gallon of water weighs 10 pounds. People that size can have a swing of 5-10 lbs a day.

Gee, that's a pile from you.

So anyone note that the new weights are all reported in five pound increments? Clearly an average or rounding is taking place here so saying the guy reported at 283 last year has gained two pounds to 285....c'mon now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed....height and weight accuracy is a creditless practice to begin with, but this makes it look even more ridiculous.

Not sure it means much without knowing change in body fat %. Would help understand the conversion of lbs from fat to muscle or vice versa.

Way to round that weight up! LOL.... a gallon of water actually weighs 8.34 lbs.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Faalele and Dunlap weighing in over 750 combined is pretty ridiculous.

I'm really excited for Dunlap

I believe the coaching staff is interested in a more agile and athletic OL. That would likely mean more change in body composition than in weight gain. Although Warinner didn't have enough time here make real progress. Callahan will build and improve on Warinner's efforts. He has a lot more depth with talent to work with as well. We will take a solid step forward on the OL this year. With 4 returning starters plus Blaise we are better.

I once lost 12 lbs after an hour on the crapper

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I would say "ballast" is somewhat important for the interior OL, to be able to hold up against bull rushing defensive tackles in pass protection. More important if we throw the ball all the time, but I don't think that's ever going to be Minnesota's bread and butter.

Tackles are usually going against much lighter defensive ends, and need to be able to match them in quickness.

Then for rushing, as odd as it seems, would also value quickness over girth there too. Because, usually a good rushing play you're having the offensive linemen double team on the defensive linemen, at least initially, before one moves off to try to block a linebacker.

A potent offense starts with an elite OL. Big, athletic, skilled. Those teams always dominate the conference. Glad we are working on it.

Faalele and Dunlap weighing in over 750 combined is pretty ridiculous.

I'm really excited for Dunlap

Just think what we would have if Eric Abloie(sp) would have been recruited. I see on the Wyoming rostered he is listed as 6‘5 351lbs.

Not to mention if they are on a full or empty stomach.

Just think what we would have if Eric Abloie(sp) would have been recruited. I see on the Wyoming rostered he is listed as 6‘5 351lbs.

Abojei was committed and about to sign here until he hit an academic snag.

I believe the coaching staff is interested in a more agile and athletic OL. That would likely mean more change in body composition than in weight gain. Although Warinner didn't have enough time here make real progress. Callahan will build and improve on Warinner's efforts. He has a lot more depth with talent to work with as well. We will take a solid step forward on the OL this year. With 4 returning starters plus Blaise we are better.

The most important group in the Gophers offense is the building up of the offensive line. Wisconsin was able to plug and any QB and they'd look good because of their O Line.

It looks like Callahan is on his way to building am improved offensive line with depth to execute PJ Fleck's offense. Let's hope it works.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/11/19/13577022/pj-fleck-coach-western-michigan-wmu

People take these way too seriously. Are these probably pretty close to being accurate? Yes but they really aren't too worried about posting the absolute correct weight on the website.

No, and I don’t believe Nick Bosa and rest of tOSU d-line will be concerned come Oct in Columbus

Slow down! I think there is much real estate between 5-7 with two season ending shut out losses, and making any unit at thee O$U worry.

Top Bottom