Any road games you're going to this year?

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
With the State Fair right around the corner, my wife and I have been looking at road game possibilities. We went to Oregon St and Michigan last year, both were a lot of fun and very wet.

This year we are looking at the following:
Maryland 9/22 (my aunt is a professor there who serves on the athletic board)

Ohio State 10/13

Nebraska 10/20 (we went the year Kill won there, when Leidner ran all over them and the Gophers stripped the ball at the goal line to seal the win. One of my all-time favorite sports memories. Easy drive, great fans and

Some other intriguing games as well.

I'm bored. I need college football.

We are planning on making the trip to Lincoln this year. I've been to Lincoln for two games (both against Kansas) and I can't wait to see our Gophers play there.

Go Gophers!!

Will be going to Lincoln for sure my favorite away venue by far. Have been there twice as a Gopher Fan and as a neutral party have been treating with respect each and every time had fans thanking our group 2 years ago for coming. I am guessing we tripled there tourism for the year. Probably going to Madison to take in the annual harassment from all my Badger buddies. My dad will be going to Maryland and Ohio State as well, he only has Rutgers left until they add 2 more teams.

My brother and I will be at Wisconsin for sure. I wouldn't mind taking a trip back to Lincoln or to OSU, but maybe one for the future.

Nebby if all things fall into place.

I live in the Short North area of Columbus, so OSU's stadium is not far at all. I'm certainly looking forward to watching the game from the shoe. Last game I went to at Ohio State was my junior year of high school. A dislocated shoulder I suffered in football ironically was the reason was able to get out of practice to go. Minn got beaten to a pulp that day (2007) so I'm hoping this year is better!

I’m part of a group of 7 going to the Ohio State game! (6 Gopher fans)

Lincoln to watch our mighty Gophers take on the Bugeaters.

With the State Fair right around the corner, my wife and I have been looking at road game possibilities. We went to Oregon St and Michigan last year, both were a lot of fun and very wet.

This year we are looking at the following:
Maryland 9/22 (my aunt is a professor there who serves on the athletic board)

Ohio State 10/13

Nebraska 10/20 (we went the year Kill won there, when Leidner ran all over them and the Gophers stripped the ball at the goal line to seal the win. One of my all-time favorite sports memories. Easy drive, great fans and

Some other intriguing games as well.

I'm bored. I need college football.

Maryland? Still a big maybe.

Maryland. A trip to DC first and head to Cape Cod after the game

Illinois. My brother's kid is a student there. I don't think I'll need to buy tickets ahead of time.:D

Nice! Perfect time of year for Cape Cod. Wish they would announce game time as I might go if it's an early game.

What is the best way to get Maryland tickets? I took some post graduate classes there but I doubt that helps much and I want to be with Gopher fans.

If OOC games go well this game will tell us a lot about the rest of the season.

I'll be in Lincoln for sure. I'm in Ohio a lot for work, so I may try and swing a work trip into the Ohio St game as well.

Lincoln is MEA weekend so considering taking my boys to that game.

Illinois. My brother's kid is a student there. I don't think I'll need to buy tickets ahead of time.:D

You don't. I went in 2016 on a glorious day (weather and outcome) for about $10-15 a ticket. It's a little sleepy but a nice trip. I'll be there again this season.

Wish I could do Lincoln or C-Bus this season but will be out of the country then.

Can anyone share the details around attending a game at Maryland. Is there public transit available from DC to the campus?

Going to Maryland for sure, booked my flight a couple weeks ago. Never been to College Park so looking forward to crossing that one off the list!

Definitely going to Madison, haven't missed a Gopher game at Camp Randall since 2006.

Most likely going to EITHER Lincoln or Champaign as well. Leaning towards Illinois since I've never been down there, but it's tough to beat the Nebraska gameday atmosphere.

As many have stated, the Nebraska experience is outstanding. Great and friendly fans, tons of fun and a big event. I hope its a night game this year as my last visit was an 11am kickoff and I was still in pretty rough shape from the night before.

@ Illinois would be cool as well. But that is an every other year deal so I'd like to hit Maryland or OSU since that isn't as often

Can anyone share the details around attending a game at Maryland. Is there public transit available from DC to the campus?

There is a College Park station on the Green line of the Metro. It's a half-hour or more to walk to the stadium from there, but I believe there are shuttles/buses from the station on gameday.

There is a College Park station on the Green line of the Metro. It's a half-hour or more to walk to the stadium from there, but I believe there are shuttles/buses from the station on gameday.

Cheers thanks!

Top Bottom