Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Default Trump / Putin Summit

I look forward to the emotion-based, frenzied coverage of the summit with Russia and am not surprised you started this thread to get the propaganda kicked off early.

Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    I look forward to the emotion-based, frenzied coverage of the summit with Russia and am not surprised you started this thread to get the propaganda kicked off early.
    So you agree that Crimea should belong to Russia permanently?

Also, FWIW, here was John Bolton's view on Snowden when Obama was President. It's all his own words, I encourage you to read it.

http://humanevents.com/2013/07/02/ob...es-on-snowden/

Lots of tough talk on how Obama should have showed power in demanding Snowden back. A bit of a change of tune.

Blog Entries

IF America is still holding FREE elections in November: VOTE...
    .-- .-. . -. .-- .- ... .... . .-. .

; 0 ) ​

Quote Originally Posted by justthefacts View Post
    So you agree that Crimea should belong to Russia permanently?

Also, FWIW, here was John Bolton's view on Snowden when Obama was President. It's all his own words, I encourage you to read it.

http://humanevents.com/2013/07/02/ob...es-on-snowden/

Lots of tough talk on how Obama should have showed power in demanding Snowden back. A bit of a change of tune.
    Crimea should be returned to Ukraine once the previous government is re-instated. The US orchestrated a coup on Ukraine to get it to switch from Pro Russia to Pro US/NATO. Dirty ball.

Snowden should be able to return to the US as a hero. This country has done a complete 180 on how it handles whistleblowers and it needs to change

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJamesMD View Post
    Crimea should be returned to Ukraine once the previous government is re-instated. The US orchestrated a coup on Ukraine to get it to switch from Pro Russia to Pro US/NATO. Dirty ball.

Snowden should be able to return to the US as a hero. This country has done a complete 180 on how it handles whistleblowers and it needs to change
    I'm torn on Snowden. I agree that the stuff he exposed needed to be exposed and his bravery in doing so should be lauded. I question his methods some, though.

Regardless, there is no doubt that Trump thinks Snowden is a criminal, and Bolton thinks Snowden is a criminal, and both were quite clear that they thought Obama should get Russia to extradite him:

Is it weak and pathetic to not compel Russia to return Snowden or not?

Putin is STILL laughing at Obama. News flash.
    - Respect is the ultimate currency

I'm torn on Snowden. I agree that the stuff he exposed needed to be exposed and his bravery in doing so should be lauded. I question his methods some, though.

Regardless, there is no doubt that Trump thinks Snowden is a criminal, and Bolton thinks Snowden is a criminal, and both were quite clear that they thought Obama should get Russia to extradite him:

Is it weak and pathetic to not compel Russia to return Snowden or not?
    If President Trump says its weak and pathetic, then its weak and pathetic. :-) Let's see if he can strike a deal.

I think you would have to provide Russia one helluva bargaining chip

If President Trump says its weak and pathetic, then its weak and pathetic. :-) Let's see if he can strike a deal.

I think you would have to provide Russia one helluva bargaining chip
    He can't strike a deal if he doesn't even plan to bring it up.

He can't strike a deal if he doesn't even plan to bring it up.
    Has he changed his tune then on Snowden being a criminal?

He changed his tune on Assange, but in the other direction. Liked him, not thinks he's a criminal. I know its different because Assange is not a citizen.....

Three hours is a long time to “ meet”. If they are not talking annexations, extraditions or assassinations; my guess is they’ll be picking up the conversation from the June 2016 Drump Tower convocation...in other words - hotels and adoptions. Since adopting him two years ago, I imagine Putin (like any Good father) is eager to see his boy again and offer any assistance he can in the upcoming midterm elections. As evil as some people make him out to be, Vlad does care about family.
    ~ Wright about Life - Having fun with words since 1989 ~

Has he changed his tune then on Snowden being a criminal?

He changed his tune on Assange, but in the other direction. Liked him, not thinks he's a criminal. I know its different because Assange is not a citizen.....
    The meeting was behind closed doors, but per the OP, Snowden was not expected to come up.

In other news:

Sorry, but we didn't need an investigation to know Russia would try and meddle in our elections. Other countries try and meddle in our elections. We meddle in their elections. This is not new stuff.

The meeting was behind closed doors, but per the OP, Snowden was not expected to come up.

In other news:

Very disappointing. Trump definitely obsessed about the collusion and blew an opportunity to address the real issues. He just weakened himself.