Who will be first 19 commit

And the Wisconsin guys are homers who think everyone they offer will go there

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Have definitely noticed that. Seems like as soon as most kids get an offer from Wisconsin they put in a pick for Wisconsin.

Have definitely noticed that. Seems like as soon as most kids get an offer from Wisconsin they put in a pick for Wisconsin.

I think most of the 247 guys do that for the teams they write about. They can sell excitement to their followers and there are certain incentives for guessing right at certain times.

I haven't seen this play out in reality. The guy who is listed as a "Wisconsin Insider" on 247 has logged picks for 10 different players in the 2019 class. He only crystal balled 2/10 to go to Wisconsin, and he's already correct about one of them -- Tyler Wahl. So Zeke is the only one still on the board for 2019 he has crystal balled to Wisconsin.

https://247sports.com/User/Evan Flo...stitution.PrimaryPlayerSport.Sport=Basketball

Another of them is a Kentucky guy who has crystal balled almost 90 players in the 2019 class and Zeke is the only one he picked to go to Wisconsin. The last one is a national expert who has made 95 picks for the class of 2019 and three of them are to Wisconsin. One is already correct (Wahl), one is Zeke, and one is a three-star from Racine.

Doesn't mean the crystal ball thing should be taken as the Bible, but what you guys are saying simply isn't true.

I haven't seen this play out in reality. The guy who is listed as a "Wisconsin Insider" on 247 has logged picks for 10 different players in the 2019 class. He only crystal balled 2/10 to go to Wisconsin, and he's already correct about one of them -- Tyler Wahl. So Zeke is the only one still on the board for 2019 he has crystal balled to Wisconsin.

https://247sports.com/User/Evan Flo...stitution.PrimaryPlayerSport.Sport=Basketball

Another of them is a Kentucky guy who has crystal balled almost 90 players in the 2019 class and Zeke is the only one he picked to go to Wisconsin. The last one is a national expert who has made 95 picks for the class of 2019 and three of them are to Wisconsin. One is already correct (Wahl), one is Zeke, and one is a three-star from Racine.

Doesn't mean the crystal ball thing should be taken as the Bible, but what you guys are saying simply isn't true.
It isn't all about the crystal ball it is about what the guy writes on the board about their chances. He will say Wisconsin is a favorite because that is what his staff sources from Wisconsin tell him so it is pretty much always seeing things through red glasses. While other writers who use staff sources but also sources close to the prospects recruitment give you a more clear outlook.

I think most of the 247 guys do that for the teams they write about. They can sell excitement to their followers and there are certain incentives for guessing right at certain times.
Some do but not the good ones. Most people want the real details on the recruitment and their schools chances and that is what sells subscriptions.

Some do but not the good ones. Most people want the real details on the recruitment and their schools chances and that is what sells subscriptions.

If he wrote on the board: “I really think they have no shot at Nnaji from what I’ve heard” people would stop clicking links and reading on that player. I’m assuming he may withhold some negative information so that all of the recruits in play seem to be viable options so that people continue to click his links and buy his subscription to hear about them.

I see your side as well but I think there’s some sugar coating he can do to sell subscriptions as well.

It isn't all about the crystal ball it is about what the guy writes on the board about their chances. He will say Wisconsin is a favorite because that is what his staff sources from Wisconsin tell him so it is pretty much always seeing things through red glasses. While other writers who use staff sources but also sources close to the prospects recruitment give you a more clear outlook.

I don't read what he writes so I wouldn't know. I'm strictly referring to the crystal ball picks. They don't mean everything (and can be changed at any time before a player commits), but they mean something.

Floods definitely a massive homer, dont forget he had crystal balls on tyrell terry (he was never going there) and dj carton to wisky before changing them. He also at one point said they were favorites to get Hurt, which was never in anyway true.

Floods definitely a massive homer, dont forget he had crystal balls on tyrell terry (he was never going there) and dj carton to wisky before changing them. He also at one point said they were favorites to get Hurt, which was never in anyway true.

^ This. There are two Evans who are or were on the Wiscy sites, and I sometimes confuse them. Evan Daniels is very good, and seems like he’s now higher up at Scout. Evan Flood is the local Wisconsin yokel and a homer.

Do any of you have actual examples? (meaning I can currently look it up, like with links) or are you just talking out of your a$$ which is pretty typical when talking about things people don't like to hear in the media these days. Again, I provided links and facts, do you have something to refute that?

Do any of you have actual examples? (meaning I can currently look it up, like with links) or are you just talking out of your a$$ which is pretty typical when talking about things people don't like to hear in the media these days. Again, I provided links and facts, do you have something to refute that?
If you have a 24/7 subscription just search through Wisconsin's VIP board there are plenty of examples on there. One example I remember is when DeLasalle was playing in a tournament this winter in Wisconsin and he wrote about Tyrell Terry if they offer him they would get him right away. They didn't offer but it didn't matter his dream offer was Stanford not Wisconsin like Evan tried to sell.

If you have a 24/7 subscription just search through Wisconsin's VIP board there are plenty of examples on there. One example I remember is when DeLasalle was playing in a tournament this winter in Wisconsin and he wrote about Tyrell Terry if they offer him they would get him right away. They didn't offer but it didn't matter his dream offer was Stanford not Wisconsin like Evan tried to sell.

Again, the original discussion was about crystal ball predictions. What he writes means nothing unless he makes a crystal ball prediction

Again, the original discussion was about crystal ball predictions. What he writes means nothing unless he makes a crystal ball prediction
If you look at the posts that has changed and it is more talking about how Evan Flood who runs the Wisconsin 24/7 site is a homer. The problem with basing your opinion of him on the crystal ball is it doesn't show who he has picked previously in the crystal ball. So it has his pick for DJ Carton as Ohio State but he had Wisconsin as the pick for a few months and only changed it after Carton cut his list to 5 or 6 and Wisconsin wasn't on it. The crystal ball definitely has some flaws and really allows some writers to just make wild guesses early and then those writers change their picks right before a guy makes his decision or when one of the trusted writers makes a pick actually based on real information they just follow it.

Heres a good one for you in football, he crystall balled denver warren to Wisconsin and the next day warren came out with his top 5 and wisconsin wasnt in it so he changed it to Michigan like everyone else already had. Hes done the same with Terry and Carton, and watch his Nnaji and Jalen Johnson picks switch eventually since they arent going there.

Are we talking gophers or sconi crystal ball

Heres a good one for you in football, he crystall balled denver warren to Wisconsin and the next day warren came out with his top 5 and wisconsin wasnt in it so he changed it to Michigan like everyone else already had. Hes done the same with Terry and Carton, and watch his Nnaji and Jalen Johnson picks switch eventually since they arent going there.

I think there are incentives for the 247 guys to guess it early and therefore it’s a game and benefit for that. Nnaji, Johnson, and Carton probably all might’ve truly been Wisconsin best guess at the initial offer and therefore he put them in first.

With Nnaji there are two non-Wisconsin Insider crystal balls for him to go to Wisconsin as well. If it were only the Wisconsin insiders picking him to go to Wisconsin you might have a point. but that's not the case.

With Nnaji there are two non-Wisconsin Insider crystal balls for him to go to Wisconsin as well. If it were only the Wisconsin insiders picking him to go to Wisconsin you might have a point. but that's not the case.

Wow did this thread get slaughtered - nice work.

I'm going with Freeman.

I’ll say Tray Jackson or Austin Crowley as a couple out of state targets that seemed to be getting a fair amount of attention from the staff the past few days. Not sure if Nnaji or Hurt are even very close to committing anywhere, much less committing to the Gophers.

Damn I’m so good at this.

Not bad. Now we need to get Crowley on campus to reconsider and commit to us and make you 2 for 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flipping recruits isn't common in basketball

Top Bottom