Cameron Wiley commits to Gophers

So do I, but do we need 2 threads though? Can the mods merge them?

The difference being is that a recruit committed to the Gophers and then it follows by much praise, bashing of someone's comments etc. Where as the other one talks about his background etc. I may miss the the "background" information as it can get lost within all the petty talk. When much trashing is going on I have a tendency to skim over many posts as I'm not interested in reading all those stupid ones.

The Las Vegas paper indicates that Desert Pines running back Cameron Wiley rushed 20 times for 70 yards and a TD in a 12-6 victory over Durango High School. Hmmm, 3.5 yards per, Fleck must be seeing something.

The Las Vegas paper indicates that Desert Pines running back Cameron Wiley rushed 20 times for 70 yards and a TD in a 12-6 victory over Durango High School. Hmmm, 3.5 yards per, Fleck must be seeing something.

If I recall, Fleck saw a couple of his best friends that graduate next year...

Yes, but I'd say overall we're on the upswing with more recruits with more P5 offers. Until results play out it means nothing, but it's hopefully a sign of better things to come

I expect are recruiting in 2020 to continue trend.

I'd rather be optimistic and wrong and pessimistic and right. I'd truly prefer to be optimistic and right though

We have been marginally better looking at Flecks first full recruiting cycle class (unlike him, I count the 2017 class as his as well).

While it appears we’re competing with P5 teams a bit more, the new trend to offer everyone seems to have caught on.

Throw in the ever evolving coverage of recruiting and recruiting reporting AND Fleck’s reputation, these things may have more to do with that perception.

If we close the class we have in place now without significant changes, this class will not live up to the hype.

While I’m certain our numbnutz AD will still refer to this class as top 15 in an interview — which we were at one point very early in the process based simply on the number of recruits we had committed to our team relative to the competition — even though we will have tumbled far down the list. Same thing he did this year.

This class could end up in the upper 40s Low 50s which is neither Elite nor why Fleck was hired. It is a regression vs last year to this point.

One data point is not a trend, but almost and maybe and nearly has been the story of our history and Fleck was hired to change that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I'd rather have a good potential player than an okay player who will give us an edge on other recruits. Annexstad has no scholarship, but Wiley does. Seems legit.

We care about stats now?

Nice thing about Wiley is he may have some positional flexibility if it turns out he’s not elite at the RB position (and it’s way too early to give a verdict on that).

We care about stats now?

Nice thing about Wiley is he may have some positional flexibility if it turns out he’s not elite at the RB position (and it’s way too early to give a verdict on that).

yep...could become a great special teams player.

Maybe he saw more than one data point

Where you at that game? Did he look slow? Was he indecisive in his running? How did the OL look? How good was the opponent? Or are you just maligning him based upon that one stat line? Give me a break.

Cameron Wilrey is 6’2” and can run a 4.4 forty while benching 285 and squatting around 485. Def makes sense for fleck to take him for those who think he shouldn’t. Yeah he only averaged 3.5 yards a carry but keep in mind he missed all of last year. He’s likely to pick up this year. If not he’s got the athleticism to move to a slot receiver. Imagine him at slot with reverse plays

This thread is unfortunately going downhill.

Let the kid play his season and we can evaluate when he shows up and starts playing here.

Cameron Wilrey is 6’2” and can run a 4.4 forty while benching 285 and squatting around 485. Def makes sense for fleck to take him for those who think he shouldn’t. Yeah he only averaged 3.5 yards a carry but keep in mind he missed all of last year. He’s likely to pick up this year. If not he’s got the athleticism to move to a slot receiver. Imagine him at slot with reverse plays

He doesn't run a 4.4 forty, but he does look like he can be a valuable piece for the Gophers.

Where you at that game? Did he look slow? Was he indecisive in his running? How did the OL look? How good was the opponent? Or are you just maligning him based upon that one stat line? Give me a break.

Most you can reasonably ask a ballcarrier to do is beat one unblocked defender (for the QB). Otherwise, not even Barry Sanders is going to consistently beat a stacked box with poor blocking.

Top Bottom