Cameron Wiley commits to Gophers

I know nothing about him, but he's got a bunch of FBS offers: Oregon, TCU, WSU among them.

Las Vegas, NV RB Cameron Wiley commits to the Gophers

The Gophers have received a commitment from Las Vegas, NV running back Cameron Wiley. He chose Minnesota over offers from Oregon, Utah Arizona, TCU and others. He is a three-star recruit and the No. 9 player in the state of Nevada, according to 24/7 Sports.

Wiley possesses unique physical traits with a 6-foot-2 frame and a 39.5-inch vertical. He is a very physical running back who picks up a high volume of yards after contact. Wiley has great vision to find blockers and runs with patience to set things up in the second level. His speed measurements have varied, but he runs with burst and acceleration to get to the edge. His most important traits are his balance and ability to fight through arm tackles. He also will use a nasty stiff arm to go through defenders. At the next level, he’ll need to refine his pad level and the technical aspects of his game, such as footwork. Wiley flew under-the-radar after sitting out his junior season due to transferring high schools. It's why his senior season will be extra intriguing for everyone to watch.

Wiley is an elusive and physical runner with the upside necessary to become a future contributor. He is the 20th commitment in the 2019 class, which ranks No. 24 nationally and No. 6 in the Big Ten, according to 24/7 Sports.

Here’s a look at his film:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZUiGelnydQ&feature=youtu.be

Want more premium Gophers content? Purchase a copy of my 2018 Gophers Football Guide. $15 gets you nearly 70 pages previewing the season, future recruiting, film breakdowns and much more! A Cameron Wiley write-up is included! 25% of each purchase will go to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Minnesota! Get yours here.

3 [emoji294]U strikes again! ☺
Cameron...just make us proud. Welcome to the U.
d9d32a3488aad5a9f8a4bfa39b4f24b1.jpg

His film is some of the least impressive I have seen from a RB. Looks like he would make a nice strong safety or OLB...

Our RB recruiting has turned out to be less than elite in this class.

His film is some of the least impressive I have seen from a RB. Looks like he would make a nice strong safety or OLB...

Because we definitely need more OLBs...

Well the guys he’s trying to recruit to come with could make this really fun

Welcome! I'm sure that there is a great spot for you!

Vegas is Gopher Country!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Could he be the next Rashod Bateman?

Looks good to me. He is tall for a RB (6'2") and runs a bit upright, but he runs hard, hits the hole fast and has a nice burst.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mZUiGelnydQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Keep in mind that his film is from 2016, he sat out last year due to transfer rules.

Looks like a legit athlete with good speed. This will definitely be one to watch during his Sr season.

Found this interesting blurb: plans for WR?

“A second Rivals 3 Stripe Camp invitee from Desert Pines High School in Las Vegas from Saturday was wide receiver Cameron Wiley, who sent a buzz through the combine when he ran a 4.45 40-yard dash at 6-foot-2 and 186 pounds. Wiley spent time on both varsity and junior varsity as a sophomore, but mostly played running back. He is transitioning to wide receiver full-time this season and hopes to start generating college attention. He got off to a good start with his showing at Saturday's combine.”

https://n.rivals.com/news/rcs-los-angeles-talent-impresses-at-new-speed-combine

Looks like a legit athlete with good speed. This will definitely be one to watch during his Sr season.

Found this interesting blurb: plans for WR?

“A second Rivals 3 Stripe Camp invitee from Desert Pines High School in Las Vegas from Saturday was wide receiver Cameron Wiley, who sent a buzz through the combine when he ran a 4.45 40-yard dash at 6-foot-2 and 186 pounds. Wiley spent time on both varsity and junior varsity as a sophomore, but mostly played running back. He is transitioning to wide receiver full-time this season and hopes to start generating college attention. He got off to a good start with his showing at Saturday's combine.”

https://n.rivals.com/news/rcs-los-angeles-talent-impresses-at-new-speed-combine

This is just more evidence of the vast criminal underground network conspiratorially falsifying the 40 times of high school kids at camps, because there is immense personal gain in doing so.

LeGarrette Blount once ran a 4.59 40 at the combine, and he's in the NFL. Proof. The 4.45 can't be legit.

This is just more evidence of the vast criminal underground network conspiratorially falsifying the 40 times of high school kids at camps, because there is immense personal gain in doing so.

LeGarrette Blount once ran a 4.59 40 at the combine, and he's in the NFL. Proof. The 4.45 can't be legit.

He was also 6 feet tall and weighed 240 so not exactly apples to apples man

http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=8425

It probably isn’t. Don’t want to derail the thread but until the 40 times are fully electronic/laser (which is completely feasible) there will be some level of variability. To this day (to my knowledge) the NFL combine is only half automated because full significantly lowers times...bad look vs prior players. You’ll even see team personnel doing their own personal timing method. Staying with traditional methods that they know, which is fine by me. Obviously the drills only tell part of the story on a player.

That is tape of him as a sophomore on varsity. He did not play his junior year.

Would’ve preferred Barlow but still good get. Feel like he is underrated. Loved how he hit holes cause that’ll help move chains in college

This may be the best recruit photo I’ve seen in a while. Coach Addae all business.

He's like Eric Metcalf but with more size and strength.
Or else a Rick Fenney with more top end speed.

PJ Fleck may have found another hidden gem who is like Rashod Bateman before his recruiting explodes. Former team mate Jordan Howden being a PWO at the U may have helped.

Top Bottom