Cameron Wiley commits to Gophers

Would’ve preferred Barlow but still good get. Feel like he is underrated. Loved how he hit holes cause that’ll help move chains in college

I read somewhere that he's actually a WR/ATH. I think Potts is more of a slot receiver as well. IMHO, we still need a RB. I don't see Doerue coming here, and Brock was unfortunate, so hopefully Barlow commits. I believe he's leaning towards TCU at the moment though. The next option seems to be Lew Nichols: https://247sports.com/player/lew-nichols-iii-46036641

I read somewhere that he's actually a WR/ATH. I think Potts is more of a slot receiver as well. IMHO, we still need a RB. I don't see Doerue coming here, and Brock was unfortunate, so hopefully Barlow commits. I believe he's leaning towards TCU at the moment though. The next option seems to be Lew Nichols: https://247sports.com/player/lew-nichols-iii-46036641

Is Jason Williamson going to be moved from RB?

https://247sports.com/college/minne...nt-to-the-Minnesota-Golden-Gophers-119815005/

Who knows what his position ends up being but it sounds more of a RB role at least initially

The 6-foot-2, 191-pound prospect made it to the Minnesota campus twice earlier this offseason and each stop solidified what he had heard about the program from the coaching staff. He has the versatility to play various roles on either side of the ball, but Wiley said the Golden Gophers view him strictly as a running back and helping their offense move the chains.

"The role they have in mind for me sounds great -- I'm just ready to play," Wiley said. "I feel like I could be a big aspect of the offense. They love to run the ball and, just seeing their previous running backs get 40 carries a game, that definitely raised my interest. Being able to play in the Big Ten against teams like Ohio State and other big-time schools, being able to showcase your skills at running back in a physical style, it's a challenge that I'm willing to take on. I'm looking forward to that for sure."

"We're trying to build a pipeline up there. My big brother Jordan Howden is there now and I'm trying to get some of my best friends, Darnell Washington and Jordan Butler, to head up there with me as well. I want this to be a packaged deal and for us to go up there and show what Vegas can do."

I like that he has the mentality to start a Vegas pipeline. Either of his buddies would be great recruiting wins as well.

https://247sports.com/Player/Darnell-Washington-46048728
https://247sports.com/Player/Jordan-Butler-46052408

Yeah we should move Williamson to linebacker or something. I think to end this recruiting class we need to get a couple receivers, couple more lineman, and a tight end

Or like 1 receiver, 2 lineman, tight end, or safety. Obviously you take the top talent available but don’t want to end a class with only 1 lineman especially or 1 receiver. Tight end corps doesn’t have a ton of talent yet either so that’d be nice but don’t just take someone because they fit need

Or like 1 receiver, 2 lineman, tight end, or safety. Obviously you take the top talent available but don’t want to end a class with only 1 lineman especially or 1 receiver. Tight end corps doesn’t have a ton of talent yet either so that’d be nice but don’t just take someone because they fit need

We currently have 7 scholarship TE's on the roster and none of them are SRs. I think we're pretty set at that position for now.

Oh my bad I had no clue we had that many. Definitely not in need then. Don’t think we need another back cause I think we have 2 really good recruits in Wiley and Potts but under radar with Wiley and obviously depends on how Potts comes off acl injury but he’d be rated top 500 in country in my mind if he didn’t tear acl and Wiley could be too if he played last year

Getting both of his team mates would be a big win this late in the class.

Getting both of his team mates would be a big win this late in the class.

Fleck has been filling his classes early. In reality we are closer in time to last years final signing day then we are to this years final signing day.

We currently have 7 scholarship TE's on the roster and none of them are SRs. I think we're pretty set at that position for now.

Since Seth Green may be a little light at 229 lbs to hold up banging DE's around, suggest trying him at Slot. He could either block an OL or blow right by him and be a real threat over the middle. He could also be a designated Safety Valve receiver for young QB's sure to get in trouble at times. If he stays at TE, he might be assumed to be a potential receiver every time he takes a rep. Then replaced by a bigger TE for running plays or passes to other receivers.

Really classy music in that video. Im sure Wiley didn’t make it, but nothing like perpetuating stereotypes of a black man coming to a northern school that has a history of sexual assaults.

Nice pick up, winning recruiting battles against any P5 school is something Minnesota has not done in a long time.

Nice pick up, winning recruiting battles against any P5 school is something Minnesota has not done in a long time.

Except that we've been doing it a lot over the past 2 years...

And also many times every year in the internet recruiting era.

While true, under Kill regime we had a number of kids we were competing with MAC teams for. Some of those kids ended up being pretty good.

I'm ok with finding guys that fit your system approach, but eventually you need better players.

While true, under Kill regime we had a number of kids we were competing with MAC teams for. Some of those kids ended up being pretty good.

I'm ok with finding guys that fit your system approach, but eventually you need better players.

Correct. And we also still have a number of recruits for whom we're competing against MAC teams.

Correct. And we also still have a number of recruits for whom we're competing against MAC teams.

Yes, but I'd say overall we're on the upswing with more recruits with more P5 offers. Until results play out it means nothing, but it's hopefully a sign of better things to come

I expect are recruiting in 2020 to continue trend.

I'd rather be optimistic and wrong and pessimistic and right. I'd truly prefer to be optimistic and right though

Fun homework question, that I don’t expect anyone to put time/effort into: do any of the West division teams recruit exclusively against other P5 schools for 100% of their signed players?

I guess there are always semantics and arguments, but feel like every program has at least a few that they offered without a bunch of other P5 offers. Maybe swooped in at the last second, if someone else fell through...

Camden Lewis-No P5 offers (kicker)
Brady Weeks-No P5 offers (LS)
Jason Williamson-We're his only offer, local kid, committed early
Cole Kramer-We're his only offer

I believe everyone else had at least one other P5 offer

Fun homework question, that I don’t expect anyone to put time/effort into: do any of the West division teams recruit exclusively against other P5 schools for 100% of their signed players?

I guess there are always semantics and arguments, but feel like every program has at least a few that they offered without a bunch of other P5 offers. Maybe swooped in at the last second, if someone else fell through...

I would doubt that. MAC teams will throw out offers to see what happens

His film is some of the least impressive I have seen from a RB. Looks like he would make a nice strong safety or OLB...

Our RB recruiting has turned out to be less than elite in this class.

He is listed as athlete. Those players usually end up on defense.

Top Bottom