Matz Stockman gone, No Geno Crandall - What's next?

hungan1

Reaction score
Did Geno gives assurances to Pitino that he was with certainty going to be a Gopher? Did Pitino encourage Stockman to grad transfer in anticipation?

So, what is going to happen now with that extra scholie?

Matt Hurt is reclassifying to 2018 and signing within the next week

Be healthy at the start of the season. That's all I'm shooting for right now. There is enough talent in place to finish in the top half of the Big 10. I'm seeing a ceiling of 5, a rock-bottom of 13. Gophers' Big 10 road schedule is very challenging, so they're gonna' need to protect the home court with vigor.

I'm going with 8th at this point.

I'd rather have a body than giving it to a walk-on who happens to be an assistant coaches kid. Hopefully Pitino can get creative and find someone. This is pretty dumb but just spitballing here, could we find a D2 player *FOR A YEAR* who shoots the lights out or is a crazy athlete or something? Let him earn playing time to potentially transfer to another D1 school?

I'd rather have a body than giving it to a walk-on who happens to be an assistant coaches kid. Hopefully Pitino can get creative and find someone. This is pretty dumb but just spitballing here, could we find a D2 player *FOR A YEAR* who shoots the lights out or is a crazy athlete or something? Let him earn playing time to potentially transfer to another D1 school?

if that D2 player transfers here he would have to sit out a year

Did Geno gives assurances to Pitino that he was with certainty going to be a Gopher? Did Pitino encourage Stockman to grad transfer in anticipation?

So, what is going to happen now with that extra scholie?

Matz was getting Gas's minutes/spot in the rotation. It will be ridiculously bad luck if he was needed. It's why he left. Gene would've been nice for depth, but I believe IW will make a lot of people eat their words. It's mind blowing to me what we expect some 18 yr old kids to do. IW needed to learn how to play and showed great improvement throughout the year. Dupree. Brock, and Amir can take care of back up minutes at point until next year. Schollie will be a nice bank for 2019 or another grad transfer next year. Would more depth be nice? Of course, but it's really hard to get that many kids to buy into that role.

Matz was getting Gas's minutes/spot in the rotation. It will be ridiculously bad luck if he was needed. It's why he left. Gene would've been nice for depth, but I believe IW will make a lot of people eat their words. It's mind blowing to me what we expect some 18 yr old kids to do. IW needed to learn how to play and showed great improvement throughout the year. Dupree. Brock, and Amir can take care of back up minutes at point until next year. Schollie will be a nice bank for 2019 or another grad transfer next year. Would more depth be nice? Of course, but it's really hard to get that many kids to buy into that role.

True. IW was a media star and a celebrity in NYC basketball. He had to learn how to use his talents at the B1G level and put in the hard work to improve his game. I got the feeling that the switch has flipped and he will be one of the top PG’s in the B1G. Nate grew into a very good PG under Pitino, IW will grow also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did we ever get a final answer on a waiver for one of the transfers to play right away? I thought maybe it was Carr, but could certainly wrong. Might be old news so thanks in advance.

Matz is nothing like Gas, way better skills, maybe not start but he would have helped even with no injuries. To get nothing and waist the scholarship hurts big time .

Matz is nothing like Gas, way better skills, maybe not start but he would have helped even with no injuries. To get nothing and waist the scholarship hurts big time .

Didn't say they were the same player. I was saying that was his minutes or place. In the rotation. That's why he left.

Top Bottom