Sid: Gophers' Amir Coffey still working his way back

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

Now Coffey, who said he is rehabbing daily but is probably two months away from being fully cleared, will be asked to be a leader on a balanced and deep Gophers team that still has very high expectations from everyone on the team.

“If everybody stays healthy, I think we’re a really talented team and we have a combination of young guys and juniors and seniors,” Coffey said. “We have people with experience and if everybody stays healthy and we work hard, we can make it.”

The Gophers will have standout seniors in Jordan Murphy and Dupree McBrayer while featuring juniors Michael Hurt and Coffey, and also Eric Curry, who was part of the same recruiting class with Coffey but missed all of last season because of a knee injury. Sophomore point guard Isaiah Washington will take on a bigger role with Nate Mason graduated, and the freshman class of Gabe Kalscheur, Jarvis Omersa and Daniel Oturu is one of the most highly anticipated in recent Gophers history.

The Gophers also added some transfers from power conference schools: Marcus Carr from Pitt and Payton Willis from Vanderbilt.

“Our freshmen and our transfers all add pieces,” Coffey said. “Our freshman are really skilled and talented. They’re just learning the little stuff we go through. Our transfers are also talented. I think they can all add a special piece to the team.”

When asked what he needs to improve, Coffey said his whole game.

“I just say everything because you can never stop improving,” he said. “Obviously I want to work on my jump shot, three-point shooting and dribbling, stay consistent in the weight room and keep evolving all-around.”

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-amir-coffey-still-working-his-way-back/488072261/

Go Gophers!!

I'm starting to get nervous that not all who are injured are going to be good to go come November.

I'm starting to get nervous that not all who are injured are going to be good to go come November.

Agreed. It’s already mid-July and I keep hearing reports like this. Should we be nervous?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reports that say he will be fully cleared by around mid September make you guys nervous that he won't be ready by November?

Reports that say he will be fully cleared by around mid September make you guys nervous that he won't be ready by November?

2 shoulder injuries requiring surgery; a comeback from an ACL; and a leg injury that never healed last season? Ya, one or two of them might not be 100%.

2 shoulder injuries requiring surgery; a comeback from an ACL; and a leg injury that never healed last season? Ya, one or two of them might not be 100%.

I took your post as you just becoming nervous now due to new information from this article, which made no sense to me since it says he will be fully cleared in September.

Keyser replied to the shoulder but the acl will be 13 months removed when the season starts. While there are potential issues it’s also not the injury that it was 20 years ago. The leg that never healed was simply because it never got the rest it needed. Who knows what this season will bring but don’t panic until there is somthing to panic about.

I don't think this is panic we're discussing. It's that funny feeling we all know too well considering the soul crushing blows we continue to receive every year as Gopher fans. It's probably a better idea to set expectations low so that we can blow them out of the water if we miraculously stay healthy this year! Crossing my fingers.

Top Bottom