Two Louisville players want name on Papa John's Cardinal Stadium to change

Well, perhaps if they learn how to make pizza...
Perhaps that's how Papa John's was started dude made za in his dad's bar. I am just glad I live here, lot of good local pizza places, don't understand why anyone would order from the chains, not like it's cheaper.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

If I were UofL, I’d go crawling on hands and knees over to Yum! Brands and ask them to sponsor the stadium. $6.xx billion company...

They own Pizza Hut, so would think that they might jump at the chance. Also sponsored the new Louisville arena.

If I were UofL, I’d go crawling on hands and knees over to Yum! Brands and ask them to sponsor the stadium. $6.xx billion company...

They own Pizza Hut, so would think that they might jump at the chance. Also sponsored the new Louisville arena.

Football tonight at THE HUT!*

*Now with less racism!

All I have to say to those saying racism is growing and it's a huge problem (which I agree, but I think we disagree on the cause):

White, hard-working middle-Americans are getting tired of being told they're racist, and that they're the root of the problems in this country....when theyre farming, manufacturing, serving in the military, the vast majority of public servants, etc....basically keeping the damn thing afloat. Stamping the argument with "you don't understand racism because you're white....trust me you're a racist, is so damn insulting. It's literally just creating more racism. Where people wanted to come together to fix the problem, people now want to distance themselves. The kicker: most of the Antifa nut cases are white, uber-privileged suburbanites who's parents are college professors (for example). They're the personification of white privelege....with the time to prance around and protest instead of working for a living...calling everyone else a racist.

The sick part about all of this....these movements are fueled to a fever pitch by primarily white liberal politicians and media members to trying and drum up votes. Look at the "children in cages" narrative that people bought hook-line-and-sinker....only for Obama's DHS secretary to come and say they did the same thing. There are even pictures that have circulated of children in chain link cages from Obama's administration that got pinned on Trump. Journalistic integrity is dead. It's all editorial propaganda.

Racism surely exists, and it's disgusting. But, think about and pay attention to the slanted media coverage, and look at the statistics. Think for yourself instead of joining the raging belligerent mob. We can't police thought...this is America.

Why don't we all work on making ourselves better instead of worrying about what everyone else is doing. We'll get somewhere a heck of lot faster than this current climate bordering on civil/race war.

All I have to say to those saying racism is growing and it's a huge problem (which I agree, but I think we disagree on the cause):

White, hard-working middle-Americans are getting tired of being told they're racist, and that they're the root of the problems in this country....when theyre farming, manufacturing, serving in the military, the vast majority of public servants, etc....basically keeping the damn thing afloat. Stamping the argument with "you don't understand racism because you're white....trust me you're a racist, is so damn insulting. It's literally just creating more racism. Where people wanted to come together to fix the problem, people now want to distance themselves. The kicker: most of the Antifa nut cases are white, uber-privileged suburbanites who's parents are college professors (for example). They're the personification of white privelege....with the time to prance around and protest instead of working for a living...calling everyone else a racist.

The sick part about all of this....these movements are fueled to a fever pitch by primarily white liberal politicians and media members to trying and drum up votes. Look at the "children in cages" narrative that people bought hook-line-and-sinker....only for Obama's DHS secretary to come and say they did the same thing. There are even pictures that have circulated of children in chain link cages from Obama's administration that got pinned on Trump. Journalistic integrity is dead. It's all editorial propaganda.

Racism surely exists, and it's disgusting. But, think about and pay attention to the slanted media coverage, and look at the statistics. Think for yourself instead of joining the raging belligerent mob. We can't police thought...this is America.

Why don't we all work on making ourselves better instead of worrying about what everyone else is doing. We'll get somewhere a heck of lot faster than this current climate bordering on civil/race war.

It doesn’t matter what a person does for a living or if they served their country, if you think you are superior to “those other people who are not like you” then you have a problem. So in your mind, white people keep this country afloat and are not a source of the problem. Also, anyone who works to right injustice is just a spoiled rich kid from suburbia. You check so many boxes of a person that just listens to narrative that they want to hear and don’t bother thinking or fact checking on your own. There is a very dangerous attack on the media and our governments institutions that is taking place today and we all need to remember the historical significance. The so called Obama kids in cages pictures were from an influx of kids crossing the board by themselves in 2014, they were not taken away from their parents and shipped across the country. Some of the pics were mistakenly sent out of context against Trump. There are many that do not understand racism, not just because they are white, but because they have not experienced it or think it is the traditional way of doing things. It is hard for the preferred class to see their privileges go away as the demographics change. The current escalation in tensions is coming from the white supremacist being emboldened by the change in political climate. How many videos do we see of a white person with bad behavior towards an innocent person?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure what you are trying to say? Example: The children in cages comment. Whether Obama did it or not, is it wrong to question the policies or actions that were born from such policies? Wouldn't attempting to stifle such questioning be policing thought?

Turn off the crazy people radio and try talking to other humans and then maybe form some opinions..... you can't seem to communicate with parroting someone else's unrelated talking points....

It doesn’t matter what a person does for a living or if they served their country, if you think you are superior to “those other people who are not like you” then you have a problem. So in your mind, white people keep this country afloat and are not a source of the problem. Also, anyone who works to right injustice is just a spoiled rich kid from suburbia. You check so many boxes of a person that just listens to narrative that they want to hear and don’t bother thinking or fact checking on your own. There is a very dangerous attack on the media and our governments institutions that is taking place today and we all need to remember the historical significance. The so called Obama kids in cages pictures were from an influx of kids crossing the board by themselves in 2014, they were not taken away from their parents and shipped across the country. Some of the pics were mistakenly sent out of context against Trump. There are many that do not understand racism, not just because they are white, but because they have not experienced it or think it is the traditional way of doing things. It is hard for the preferred class to see their privileges go away as the demographics change. The current escalation in tensions is coming from the white supremacist being emboldened by the change in political climate. How many videos do we see of a white person with bad behavior towards an innocent person?

Thanks for the post! I do often think about the part in bold. It is tradition. A tradition born from a document that had flaws from the beginning. Our constitution. Born of great Ideas (Declaration of Independence) , but had some warts that were born of compromise. It is very hard to say: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." and then draft the 3/5 compromise.

One has to wonder what might have been had there not been that compromise and the "sins" born from it.

Turn off the crazy people radio and try talking to other humans and then maybe form some opinions..... you can't seem to communicate with parroting someone else's unrelated talking points....

Good stuff. I honestly never tire of the well of irony.

Look, he made some reasoned points and honestly, everyone would do well to try and listen. Nobody is listening or trying to understand. The enormous leadership void in this country...and bickering children and extended adolescence keyboard warriors everywhere is disconcerting to say the least. You don’t have to agree with him. The media - has - become increasingly slanted and more of an editorial force over the years which has created a positive feedback loop of distrust.

I happen to think Trump is well into the sociopathic spectrum but the media coverage is so unhinged it is embarrassing at this point. Politically, people feel forced to pick between two **** sandwiches and then are labeled this or that. It seems like everyone has said **** it in regards to objectivity.

The Social Media brought all sorts of people out into mainstream. It includes Ruskies meddling in our internal affairs.

It is spilling into college and pro sports.

I have a feeling you feel superior to people that are not like you. And you know what? That’s ok. It’s ok to not like criminals, or criminal culture, or anyone for any number of reasons. That’s not racism. Most of the videos we see posted are of people breaking some sort of law, or rule, being belligerent, or assaulting officers, or not complying with simple instructions. Not racism. Troubled people that never learned majority culture mores and norms. Some that happen to be black. I can’t identify with that. Not racism.

If you want to talk about underlying institutional racism, white privilege, etc that’s a different conversation. There are many salient and highly emotional points in that discussion which are difficult to come to terms with and I do believe we can deliver more of a level justice for the accused, the imprisoned, the impoverished, and those that want to climb the ladder.

The Social Media brought all sorts of people out into mainstream. It includes Ruskies meddling in our internal affairs.

It is spilling into college and pro sports.

Someone, some day has to provide a timeline of the meddling and alleged meddling. I’m not saying it didn’t happen - it certainly did to some degree but what I’ve seen has seemed like pretty weak sauce and certainly should have been expected. The way the narrative has expanded and evolved it’s made to sound like the Russians broke into the voting system and changed or deleted votes.

I want to know exactly what happened, when, and the effect. Surely electoral meddling is not a rare event or surprising, around the globe. Have we become so lax we leave servers unguarded? Nobody considered operational security? Definitely makes me question the competence of any hacked organizations. Virtually everything is vulnerable to determined hacking.

If only we had a media the majority of Americans trusted to help us understand. Very sad times.

Beware of wolves in sheeps clothing. Maybe not. They are coming out of the woodwork.

Thanks for the post! I do often think about the part in bold. It is tradition. A tradition born from a document that had flaws from the beginning. Our constitution. Born of great Ideas (Declaration of Independence) , but had some warts that were born of compromise. It is very hard to say: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." and then draft the 3/5 compromise.

One has to wonder what might have been had there not been that compromise and the "sins" born from it.

You need to read a history book. The 3/5 compromise led directly to the demise of slavery. It prevented the south from having a majority in the House. This led to the Civil War. This led to the Emancipation Proclamation.

Can't wait for football.

Someone, some day has to provide a timeline of the meddling and alleged meddling. I’m not saying it didn’t happen - it certainly did to some degree but what I’ve seen has seemed like pretty weak sauce and certainly should have been expected. The way the narrative has expanded and evolved it’s made to sound like the Russians broke into the voting system and changed or deleted votes.

I want to know exactly what happened, when, and the effect. Surely electoral meddling is not a rare event or surprising, around the globe. Have we become so lax we leave servers unguarded? Nobody considered operational security? Definitely makes me question the competence of any hacked organizations. Virtually everything is vulnerable to determined hacking.

If only we had a media the majority of Americans trusted to help us understand. Very sad times.

Go find and read the indictments. They add a lot of details.

Can't believe I'm contributing to what is obviously now a full-blown political debate, on a college football fan message board. So this will be my only comment.

A significant part of the Russian thing was simply that some Democrats just refused to believe that Clinton was a terrible candidate, who ran a poor campaign, and refused to believe that some Americans actually chose to vote for Trump because of a myriad of reasons. Instead, they choose to believe that the Russians hacked the election and stole it away.

You need to read a history book. The 3/5 compromise led directly to the demise of slavery. It prevented the south from having a majority in the House. This led to the Civil War. This led to the Emancipation Proclamation.

Can't wait for football.

Ummm okay. The first clue was a history book.

This is getting very far away from Papa John's stadium discussion, so I'm bowing out.

Can't believe I'm contributing to what is obviously now a full-blown political debate, on a college football fan message board. So this will be my only comment.

A significant part of the Russian thing was simply that some Democrats just refused to believe that Clinton was a terrible candidate, who ran a poor campaign, and refused to believe that some Americans actually chose to vote for Trump because of a myriad of reasons. Instead, they choose to believe that the Russians hacked the election and stole it away.

Can't believe I'm jumping in here either, and this will be my only post.

One thing I think we do way too much of in politics (and society at large) is to try to pin everything down to one cause, when in most cases there are multiple factors. For example, if the Gophers had a much better QB last year I bet we would have had a better record. But I still don't think we would have gone undefeated, because we had other flaws as well. QB wasn't the only problem. To bring that back to your point about Hillary and hacking the election -- my personal view is that both were factors. I can't say to what extent, but it certainly appears that our intelligence agencies believe (and can prove) that election meddling occurred to some extent. But I can also see how Hillary was a flawed candidate who made mistakes in her campaign. There are factors beyond those as well that I won't even get into.

My point is that it doesn't have to be this or that and only one of them is true. It's very possible (even likely) that both are true. Hillary being a flawed candidate doesn't mean there was no Russian influence in our election, and Russian influence in the election doesn't mean Hillary was a perfect candidate who ran a perfect campaign. It seems like so many people want to pin it down to one or the other (probably right along party lines) and the obvious answer seems to be that both are true.

Wow, there sure is a lot of kook aid that is being drunk. What you said is exactly the right wing narrative is using to try an gloss over the whole matter. We all know Clinton did not run a good campaign, but the Russians attacked or democracy by using meddling into our election. It is very clear, Putin admitted it and we have not prepared to eliminate it from happening again. The Russians also propagated the false hate speech in social media that is further tearing us apart and causing us to lose faith in our institutions and the media. The issue is much, much bigger than who won the election, our sovereignty is at state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'just grab em by the p****y.' -D. Trump hahahahah you defend this guy.

I have a feeling you feel superior to people that are not like you. And you know what? That’s ok. It’s ok to not like criminals, or criminal culture, or anyone for any number of reasons. That’s not racism. Most of the videos we see posted are of people breaking some sort of law, or rule, being belligerent, or assaulting officers, or not complying with simple instructions. Not racism. Troubled people that never learned majority culture mores and norms. Some that happen to be black. I can’t identify with that. Not racism.

If you want to talk about underlying institutional racism, white privilege, etc that’s a different conversation. There are many salient and highly emotional points in that discussion which are difficult to come to terms with and I do believe we can deliver more of a level justice for the accused, the imprisoned, the impoverished, and those that want to climb the ladder.

So in your first comment you link race with crime like it is natural conclusion, that is racist.
So you haven’t seen all of the videos where cops are called on innocent citizens that don’t fit a certain racial profile. The lady at the pool, the lady wearing a Puerto Rico shirt, the kid selling lemonade, the kid mowing the lawn, etc, etc... until you can understand that this happens to people like this every day, and know what it feels like to be treated like a second or third class citizen then you need to realize that some of your assumptions my not be correct.

[emoji482]

j3pAXlE.gif

Top Bottom