Two Louisville players want name on Papa John's Cardinal Stadium to change

Stupid and racist are two different scenarios. If a guy is comfortable saying that word in a professional setting (think to yourself if you'd ever do it), it's pretty obvious what his worldview is. The man is a Racist...he made a choice on language, and he deserves every consequence that comes along with it. 1st amendment keeps you out of jail - nothing else. He is a horrible person - but most knew that long ago.

Wow. He may be a horrible person but I don’t see how you conclude that based on that quote. Not knowing any other context, it seems overblown to say some of this stuff, don’t you think? Calm down.

As far as the anthem debate it’s fair for businessmen to state it has hurt business. Many people thought the kneeling was a tone deaf, counterproductive effort. That doesn’t make them flaming racists but to a certain type of person that’s more than enough evidence.

People seem to be progressively getting more and more overly sensitive

I agree with you SON. People like to get outraged at things and raise their pitchforks.

If anyone thinks otherwise go look at the "Political/Off topic section on Gopherhole.

It can be really bad for your heath to get worked up all the time. High blood pressure and heart problems. Better off just letting go of things you cant control. Do dont sweat the small stuff or get in political arguments with people whos minds are already made up! #TheMoreYouKnow

Except that is happening at a high rate. With the rapid growth of White Supremacists group I would think people would realize we have a serious problem on our hands. Let it get worse. Hell no.

There was a wonderful video of John Schnatter at a regents meeting at Louisville. Dude would just not stop talking about how the school is not run like a pizza business ... the other regents were super polite about how John just didn't get it but the dude would not stop....

He struck me as a business guy who was lucky and struck gold, but had no perspective and maybe not many tools beyond that. In another universe he would be the local manager of someone else's pizza restaurant waiting on that always soon to come regional manager job opening.

Anyway, good for them dropping the name.

Except that is happening at a high rate. With the rapid growth of White Supremacists group I would think people would realize we have a serious problem on our hands. Let it get worse. Hell no.

??

This could be very true for all I know but one thing is for sure, there seems to be more extremism, ie the rise of the fringe left has given life to the fringe right . Some seem to think this is a good thing. Every human has numerous prejudices, stereotypes and the political machines feed on that. Sad.

It can be really bad for your heath to get worked up all the time. High blood pressure and heart problems. Better off just letting go of things you cant control. Do dont sweat the small stuff or get in political arguments with people whos minds are already made up! #TheMoreYouKnow

It's only bad for your health if you get worked up about things I don't care about.... you should get worked up about things that I care about...

Is KFC next?

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

LOL. Not at all what I meant but if you think my post means that I support the KKK go right ahead

I'm getting really tired of outrage and backlash.

Somebody said something stupid. tomorrow, somebody else will say something stupid. the day after that, somebody else will say something stupid. lather,rinse and repeat.

maybe I'm just old and jaded, but I just can't get outraged over every time somebody says something stupid. The Pizza guy said something stupid. you can acknowledge that without having to turn it into a national obsession.

So, no - I see no need to remove the Papa John's name from a football stadium. Unless the school agrees to negate the contract for naming rights, and returns the money. then, they can call it "Politically Correct Stadium" for all I care.

I couldn't agree more. We are way to sensitive about everything in this society. Who of us hasn't said a dumb thing in our lives?

LOL. Not at all what I meant but if you think my post means that I support the KKK go right ahead

Not my intent. My point was that people are getting more racist by the day. Clearly saw it today in a Target Store. By sitting back and doing nothing the problem continues to compound. I applaud these two guys at the beginning of the thread for speaking up. Its about making a statement.

Taco Bell uses Grade D meat - and Wendys uses worms for its beef. #timesupfastfood.

The company’s forever tied to the founder as it’s named after him. Imagine not wanting to play in a stadium named after a guy that freely uses the N word and talks about how black people used to be treated in his home state. What a crime. For those in this thread acting as this was just a one off mistake...this isn’t the first time the company’s had to apologize for this drunken idiot’s comments against African Americans.

A lot of people in this country instead of actually acknowledging wrongdoing seem to immediately jump to an oppositional viewpoint even when something as blatant as this is said. It says a lot about you and your true beliefs. Hate speech should have no place in our society and it’s not being “PC” to stand up against it when it’s used. I would hope that most people especially in prominent positions such as this guy would think before they speak especially when they plan on using a hateful word with horrific history in our country but maybe that’s too much to ask in today’s society.

The company’s forever tied to the founder as it’s named after him. Imagine not wanting to play in a stadium named after a guy that freely uses the N word and talks about how black people used to be treated in his home state. What a crime. For those in this thread acting as this was just a one off mistake...this isn’t the first time the company’s had to apologize for this drunken idiot’s comments against African Americans.

A lot of people in this country instead of actually acknowledging wrongdoing seem to immediately jump to an oppositional viewpoint even when something as blatant as this is said. It says a lot about you and your true beliefs. Hate speech should have no place in our society and it’s not being “PC” to stand up against it when it’s used. I would hope that most people especially in prominent positions such as this guy would think before they speak especially when they plan on using a hateful word with horrific history in our country but maybe that’s too much to ask in today’s society.

Excellent post! People seem to think because they did things a certain way in the past that it didn’t offend people or that it wasn’t wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you attach the entire company to the image of its founder, you suffer the consequences when something like this happens.

Bingo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you attach the entire company to the image of its founder, you suffer the consequences when something like this happens.

It is one of those things that founders like to do though...

Couldn’t have said it better myself and one other thing, next to Little Cesar’s, Papa Johns is probably the worst pizza out there.

This has to suck for all of the franchisees that are going to see reduced revenue at their stores because of this guy.

On a different note, isn't there a saying about how money / success doesn't change people, it just brings out their natural personality to a greater degree?

Can you fill us in? I’m genuinely curious.

Can you fill us in? I’m genuinely curious.

They apologized for his idiotic comments about NFL players protesting against police brutality hurting their sales which is when Peyton Manning pulled out. You could always google these things.

They apologized for his idiotic comments about NFL players protesting against police brutality hurting their sales which is when Peyton Manning pulled out. You could always google these things.

I was more wondering if there were further racist comments. His comments on business being hurt are dumb, but not racist. The way it read, it sounded like you meant he had a track record of racist commentary

Well, the kneeling was/is really idiotic. Antagonizing a huge part of the population is not a good way to persuade even if the intent was good. I have my own thought on Kaep and his motivations and philosophy that make me think it’s more than about the (terrible) instances of police brutality. His wearing the pig socks, the clothing messenging make him a über-bad frontman for that movement. It’s like appointing Trump or insert lightning rod XYZ to heal race relations. I’m always amazed people on the fringes never bother trying to see things from the other side’s perspective.

Or, you could support your inflammatory comments when called on it. And, you weren’t able to.

Or, you could support your inflammatory comments when called on it. And, you weren’t able to.

Keep on deflecting buddy. Edit: Those that choose to focus on irrelevant details such as what Kapernick says, wears or does don’t really care about finding a solution or argue for argument’s sake because they have nothing better to do with their day. My response and Kaepernick’s antics have nothing to do with the actual wrongdoing. Focusing on those things do nothing to help the grave consequences for some and our inactivity is leading to those things continuing on. So if you want to focus on my “inability” to produce further racially insensitive comments go right ahead but know you are enabling by doing so.

??

This could be very true for all I know but one thing is for sure, there seems to be more extremism, ie the rise of the fringe left has given life to the fringe right . Some seem to think this is a good thing. Every human has numerous prejudices, stereotypes and the political machines feed on that. Sad.

I don't know how much history you have read, but the fringe right in this country has been around a lot longer than the fringe left.

I don't know how much history you have read, but the fringe right in this country has been around a lot longer than the fringe left.

Correct and by speaking out about Papa John being a racist or speaking out on families being separated at the borders, or being disgusted by Trump calling Mexicans rapists does that make me fringe left in some people’s book? I certainly hope not.

Well, the kneeling was/is really idiotic. Antagonizing a huge part of the population is not a good way to persuade even if the intent was good. I have my own thought on Kaep and his motivations and philosophy that make me think it’s more than about the (terrible) instances of police brutality. His wearing the pig socks, the clothing messenging make him a über-bad frontman for that movement. It’s like appointing Trump or insert lightning rod XYZ to heal race relations. I’m always amazed people on the fringes never bother trying to see things from the other side’s perspective.

No the kneeling wasn’t idiotic, it was meant to make a point and yet be respectful. It was Trump that took it out of context and misrepresented the meaning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom