Murphy puts up 275 on bench in gopher basketball workout video

Was that 275 or 245? Couldn't tell. Not bad for a basketball player, especially for anyone that tall. Longer the limbs the longer you have to complete a rep

He looks like he easily puts up over 300 without ever seeing him lift

Was that 275 or 245? Couldn't tell. Not bad for a basketball player, especially for anyone that tall. Longer the limbs the longer you have to complete a rep

it looks like 4x45lbs + 2x25lbs = 230lbs + bar (45Lbs?) = 275lbs

Must be more enjoyable working out in the new facility.

I definitely read the title wrong and expected a video of Murph scoring 275 pts on Michael Hurt and Jarvis Omersa. Not sure which is more impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On a smith machine the bar is virtually weightless. I can put up 315 "by that math" on a Smith, but only 275 on free weights where you have to balance the weight and I am 44 and weigh 205.

275 for a 250lb basketball player is ok but nothing special.

Glad to see them working out.

I’m not sure I buy the old saying that longer lifters have it tougher. The two reigning world’s strongest men are Halfthor Bjornsson who is 6’9” and BRIAN Shaw who is 6’8”.

On a smith machine the bar is virtually weightless. I can put up 315 "by that math" on a Smith, but only 275 on free weights where you have to balance the weight and I am 44 and weigh 205.

someone correct me if im wrong. but the video shows him doing it on a standard bench not a smith machine

(1) That's not a smith machine. They use their squat racks to double for bench press as well.

(2) You're so strong.

I’m not sure I buy the old saying that longer lifters have it tougher. The two reigning world’s strongest men are Halfthor Bjornsson who is 6’9” and BRIAN Shaw who is 6’8”.

To be fair, I don't think we can compare Bjornsson to us mere mortals.

Top Bottom