Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 87
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Reality, USA
    Posts
    7,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    Bottom 15 include LSU, Va Tech, Okla, Penn St, Fla St. Perennial Top 20 programs.
    Details.

    Pj is crootin


  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CWCWCW View Post
    Coach Brooks in 2 deep?



    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    You are probably correct. Could move Mohamed Ibrahim as backup RB and then Will Reger as a backup WR.

    I also noticed I have too many linemen in my 2 deep. Its a guessing game try to reverse engineer this....

  3. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    Bottom 15 include LSU, Va Tech, Okla, Penn St, Fla St. Perennial Top 20 programs.
    Of course anyone would prefer a young LSU team to an experienced UAB team. But that's not what is being discussed. PJ has consistently said we are a young team, and Steele's analysis backs it up.

  4. Default

    Well, we are only young because PJ drove off all of our talented Seniors and Juniors.


    (did I do that right)?
    Go Gophers!

  5. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LakerFan View Post
    We are 128 out of 130 not 126, I guess it supports the "we are young" statements from PJ. A list where we are near dead last, but Kansas and Air Force are at the top, makes me wonder if your position on this list is about as important as where we fall alphabetically on a list of 130 teams. Also where do you come up with an accurate 2 deep roster list at this time of year?
    It should be pretty easy to list out the 2-deep at QB....

    I think a 2-deep for the Gophers could be done right now with a pretty high degree of accuracy. If anything changes, it's more than likely that there are freshmen surprises who play more than expected.

  6. #21

    Default

    Let me try and split the middle on this one.

    The Gophers have (IMHO) a decent core of experienced/returning players. Some positions are better situated than others. The real issue is depth. If an experienced player at any position gets hurt, he's generally going to be replaced with an inexperienced player. LB may be the only position where they are 2-deep in experience.

    So, it all depends on staying healthy. If the Gophers stay healthy, inexperience doesn't have to be a fatal flaw. But, if they get hit with the injury bug - especially at certain positions, then yeah, inexperience could become glaring.

  7. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LakerFan View Post
    We are 128 out of 130 not 126, I guess it supports the "we are young" statements from PJ. A list where we are near dead last, but Kansas and Air Force are at the top, makes me wonder if your position on this list is about as important as where we fall alphabetically on a list of 130 teams. Also where do you come up with an accurate 2 deep roster list at this time of year?
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...CW06xxfDyeYItW

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandy View Post
    "Anybody can be a Viking fan, dad. It takes someone special to be a Gopher fan" .....Quote from my Son.

  8. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by West Fargo Gopher Fan View Post
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...CW06xxfDyeYItW

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Love it, or this:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74J8Dl2ib-s
    Stroking the Post Since 2010

  9. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triple D View Post
    Oh Im a huge fan

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandy View Post
    "Anybody can be a Viking fan, dad. It takes someone special to be a Gopher fan" .....Quote from my Son.

  10. #25

    Default

    #wewon’tmakeexcuses ’18
    Cuckoo, cuckoo

  11. Default

    Scott Frost is working hard to get NEB younger than MN I hear.
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

    Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

  12. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WinLoseOrTy View Post
    Interesting that no team has more FR starters or FR in 2 Deep than Gophers.

    Gophers

    SR Starter: 7
    SR 2 Deep: 2
    JR Starter: 6
    JR 2 Deep: 6
    SO Starter: 6
    SO 2 Deep: 3
    FR Starter: 3
    FR 2 Deep: 11
    Not really, considering it's the greatest Gopher recruiting class in the history of the program.

  13. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    Nope, Gophers should always get better just because.

    /s
    No one is even asking us to get better, it would just be nice if getting back to the same level (9 wins) wasn't considered a pipe dream.

  14. #29

    Default

    Gophers were among the leaders in the nation last year in not using redshirts...a lot of those frosh in possible two deep are redshirt frosh that PJ has said could have played last year...Bell, Osezi, Andries, Ibrahim, Morgan, Estes, Robinson...Douglas did play, but got a year back after injury...same with Winfield, who should be a junior, except for injury...also, Gophers didn’t go out and get jucos and grad transfers who could play right away like Brohm did and Frost and Allen and Durkin are doing...we redshirted jucos Silver and Davis...got transfers that had to sit a year in OJ and Williamson...OJ Smith also reclassified...he is a fifth year junior...not sure Steele includes special teamers, where Gophers have a lot of maturity...having Beck, HandyHolly, Craighton transfer hurts secondary age, but Sapp and the Smiths might have beaten them out anyway...Swenson is a third year guy and plays smart... Viramontes being afraid of Annexstad and Tanner ability hurts apparent age in two-deep, but speaks to talent in place...similarly, exodus of older WRs Williams, Hmielewski, Holland, Register makes us look younger, but sounds like younger guys are more talented...Dickson not ready would hurt maturity level at tackle, but I think Faalele may surprise...physically he is no frosh...bottom line is with all the redshirting and sitting out years due to transfers and injuries, Gophers are a lot older than they appear in this Steele breakdown.

  15. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Loblaw View Post
    No one is even asking us to get better, it would just be nice if getting back to the same level (9 wins) wasn't considered a pipe dream.
    +9
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

    Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •