Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Default Family forgoes casket for wake, has son propped up playing video games w/ jersey on

    per WGNO:

    Renard Matthews was killed in New Orleans 2 weeks ago. He was a young 18 years old, and while the tragedy of losing him so young weighs heavy on his family, they chose to have his body prepared for Sunday afternoon's wake in a way that they want to remember him.

    At the Charbonnet Labat Glapion Funeral Home in Treme, Matthews was sitting in a chair, video game controller in hand, surrounded by his favorite snacks, and his beloved Boston Celtics on the television screen.

    Matthew's mother Temeka says her son was a bit of a homebody, who only recently started to venture out to walk the dog she'd recently gotten him. Temeka Matthews also said that her son was a big fan of Celtics guard Kyrie Irving.

    Family and friends gathered for Sunday's wake. Renard Matthews will be buried Tuesday.



    https://wgno.com/2018/07/08/nola-fam...oodbye-to-son/

    Go Gophers!!


  2. Default

    Sick. In a bad way.

  3. #3

    Default

    It's a free country, but wtf!?

  4. #4

    Default

    I saw this yesterday. Very odd.

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

  5. #5

    Default

    Hey. I'm all for it. Virtually every time I've been to a wake, I walk by, look at the casket, and think, that's not how I want to remember this person. And then some yahoo always says something like "doesn't he look natural?"

    No - he would look natural sitting on the couch with a beer and a butt, and watching a ball game.

    if this family wants to remember their son in this fashion, more power to them.

    FWIW, I detest funerals. When I go, I'm going for the cheapest cremation available, and if no family members want the ashes, then use them for mulch.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by short ornery norwegian View Post
    Hey. I'm all for it. Virtually every time I've been to a wake, I walk by, look at the casket, and think, that's not how I want to remember this person. And then some yahoo always says something like "doesn't he look natural?"

    No - he would look natural sitting on the couch with a beer and a butt, and watching a ball game.

    if this family wants to remember their son in this fashion, more power to them.

    FWIW, I detest funerals. When I go, I'm going for the cheapest cremation available, and if no family members want the ashes, then use them for mulch.
    “Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris.”

  7. #7

    Default

    Too each his own but when my grandmother died I didnít want my last memory of her to be in a gasket...........I didnít go to the funeral.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsfan24 View Post
    Too each his own but when my grandmother died I didn’t want my last memory of her to be in a gasket...........I didn’t go to the funeral.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    When you go, they can dress you up in a Kid 'n' Play t-shirt, watching gay porn.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    When you go, they can dress you up in a Kid 'n' Play t-shirt, watching gay porn.
    Do I get to wear satin pink shorts and red bottom 5 inch heels?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •