Gophers to Begin Home-and-Home Series with Utah in 2018

DanielHouse

Reaction score
The Gophers announced they will begin a home-and-home basketball series with Utah this season. Minnesota will host the Utes at Williams Arena on Nov. 12. The game time and television information will be announced at a later date. The team will travel to Salt Lake City in 2019 to finish part two of the series.

Utah won 20 games last season and finished second to Penn State in the NIT. They closed out the 2017 campaign with a 23-12 overall record (11-7 Pac-12). It is the third all-time meeting between the schools and Utah holds a 2-1 advantage in the series.

This will be the first time Minnesota squares off with a Pac-12 opponent since they defeated UCLA, 83-63, in the 2013 NCAA Tournament.

Excited for this, possible season opener? Or do they play a cup cake or two first

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Excited for this, possible season opener? Or do they play a cup cake or two first

I believe Opening Night is Friday the 9th. So this will probably be game 2. Hopefully the cupcake isn't too soft.

Nov. 6 is opening night.
Probably lines up to be game three. Maybe they'll open at U .S Bank with Okie State. Or maybe they'll do a double header with the women to get as many fans as possible. I imagine Whalen's first game will draw a lot of folks. Would like to get all of the tough non con games out of the way so were plenty tested before the December conference games.

Top Bottom