Strib: Whalen Jumps into First Recruiting Period

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
http://www.startribune.com/lindsay-...uly-recruiting-period-with-gophers/487701731/

She is mid-way through her WNBA season running point guard for the Minnesota Lynx. And July's evaluation period came with the recruiting that goes with being the new Gophers women's basketball coach.

How does she handle that? Delegation seems to be the key.

"Oh yeah, my recruiting coordinator is taking care of all of that, which is really nice,'' Lindsay Whalen said after Lynx practice Monday...

..."I was able to go (Sunday), but this is obviously a big month,'' Whalen said. "It's a lot of fun. I remember this month as a player. It's very fun, a lot of good competition, a lot of games. I pretty much just listen to my recruiting coordinator, Carly, and she tells everybody where to go and I'm listening to her.

No doubt Whalen's last year playing professionally. It is working the way it is set up this year but believe it will take a toll after a while. I also believe that Lindsay knows that and is making the best of the opportunity and hoping to go out with another ring.

Top Bottom