WCCO: Former Gopher Maxx Williams Training In Minn. During Ravens Offseason

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per WCCO:

Maxx Williams grew up the son of NFL center Brian Williams, so he understood the league when he was drafted by the Baltimore Ravens out of the University of Minnesota.

Now the veteran Raven is bouncing back from injury in the final year of his contract, and he is preparing the old-fashioned way — early in the morning with hard work.

Williams burst onto the college scene. His signature move, in his final game as a Gopher, was jumping over a Missouri defender.

“I found out that doesn’t work as well in the pros [laughs], they hit you a little harder,” Williams said.

Home in the offseason is spent, in part, at a workout facility, where he is now in the business of football.

In the final year of a contract with the Ravens, he has had to fight through some injuries.

“I had the one knee surgery about two years ago on my second season, then a couple things last year,” he said. “But, hey, the way I look at it, it’s football. You know, I know, learned from my dad that those things happen. You kind of just got to work through them and keep going forward.”

Here is where he pays the price, setting offseason goals the same way he does for the season.

“It’s a lot of little things with a guy like Maxx,” said Grant Norland, a trainer at Inspired Athletics. “He’s got a lot of little refinements to make. So, he’s obviously a phenomenal athlete, and it’s a matter of giving him that extra, little 5 percent edge that those guys need at that level.”

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2018/07/07/maxx-williams/

Go Gophers!!

He just needs an extra "x" and he can jump high enough.

I'm sure he is a good guy to have around the facility.

One of my all time favorites. Hope he can make some headway in the NFL.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom