We Need a "Touch This for Good Luck" Item in our Locker Room -- What Should we Use?

Livingat45north

Reaction score
We Need a "Touch This for Good Luck" Item in our Locker Room -- What Should we Use?

I'm pretty sure this is why we haven't won a BIG title in decades, we don't have a "lucky charm" to touch when we run on on the field. We need something like Notre Dame's "Play Like a Champion" sign, or Florida's "Gator Head" statue, or Clemson's "Howard's Rock". These three teams all have good luck charms on their side, and we don't. Those three teams have all won a conference championship in the past couple of decades, we haven't (granted, since Notre Dame is the only team in their "conference" by default they win it each year, but still, the Irish have done pretty well in the wins and losses category...). The obvious conclusion is simple -- if we get a lucky charm, then we'll be like these three teams, and we'll win conference championships.

Okay, just assume the above may be true and that Fleck & Company have decided it's up to the Gopherhole folks to pick the charm that we'll from now on use when we take the field. What do ya got? What should our Gophers place in the locker room as our good luck charm?

I'm pretty sure this is why we haven't won a BIG title in decades, we don't have a "lucky charm" to touch when we run on on the field. We need something like Notre Dame's "Play Like a Champion" sign, or Florida's "Gator Head" statue, or Clemson's "Howard's Rock". These three teams all have good luck charms on their side, and we don't. Those three teams have all won a conference championships in the past couple of decades, we haven't (granted, since Notre Dame is the only team in their "conference" by default they win it each year, but still, the Irish have done pretty well in the wins and losses category...). The obvious conclusion is simple -- if we get a lucky charm, then we'll be like these three teams, and we'll win conference championships.

Okay, just assume the above may be true and that Fleck & Company have decided it's up to the Gopherhole folks to pick the charm that we'll from now on use when we take the field. What do ya got? What should our Gophers place in the locker room as our good luck charm?

I'd volunteer my Boss' wife...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

**** this whole make up our own stuff!

It hasn't worked here for decades.

Let's get someone else's mojo.

I'm up for stealing Howard's Rock.... maybe a tree or two... anything else we can get our hands on.

Where's the stein these days?

We should have Bronko's plow on a sled or rails for the team to push out of the tunnel.

We should have Bronko's plow on a sled or rails for the team to push out of the tunnel.

Should have a statue of Bronko, TALLER THAN THE STADIUM POINTING THE PLOW DOWN TO THE FIELD!

Sort of our own Colossus of Rhodes, er Bronko.

Nothing fires players up more than oars!

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Rose Bowl Turf would be awesome.

#youwantsomeyougottogetsome

rosebowlturf_medium.jpg

How about an axe?

ji3rn9k.gif

Boys, boys....obviously it would be oars. New culture fellas, buy in....come on.

An old Bob Dylan harmonica.

Have them tear off and stick Maroon and Gold Post-It notes with game goals.

The Kensington Runestone.

Bakken's first pacemaker.

A Lillehei scalpel.

A chunk of Spam.

A box of Cheerios.

The motorcycle Prince rode.

Lindbergh's flight jacket.

A hunk of LandOLakes butter.

Humphrey's Civil Rights speech.

An original stock certificate from the StPM&M.

Anything from Herb Brooks.

Anything from Lindsay Whalen.

A bushel of Haralson apples.

A statue of Bernie Bierman who won five national championships for the Gophers.

A Lillehei scalpel.

A chunk of Spam.

A box of Cheerios.

You missed the Murray's gift certificate.

The obvious answer is when Goldy dies to have him stuffed by a real good taxidermist. Nothing says Minnesota Football like Goldy.

Bronko Nagurski's plow is the only acceptable answer

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You forgot Judy Garlands red shoes.

A Lillehei scalpel.

A chunk of Spam.

A box of Cheerios.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

A picture of a smiling Dan Nystrum at Beaver Stadium from 1999.

Had some luck going that day!

Top Bottom