Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Quote Originally Posted by manderson1984 View Post
    Lakeville North doesn't send a ton of kids period to the U. That way in football to since Leidner
    Leidner was LV South.

Go Gophers!!

Quote Originally Posted by BballJones View Post
    Leidner was LV South.
    Oh yeah, I always get that one mixed up. My fault

Quote Originally Posted by manderson1984 View Post
    Oh yeah, I always get that one mixed up. My fault
    Leidner being from South just proves your point even more! North kids don't go to the U. It's a bit strange.

If I were Chet or Jalen, I probably wouldn't want to go to college at a university that is 2 miles away from my high school. Those two have already been all over campus, I see them at raising canes before games.

Well, both Wisco and Lakeville North school color's are red and white. Surely not a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by BballJones View Post
    Leidner being from South just proves your point even more! North kids don't go to the U. It's a bit strange.
    Lakeville North is Badger country. Let's just ship-em all to whisky!

Macura would have been Pitino's first full class. He was a late bloomer, and I think Pitino thought he was going to get better players than Macura at that time, and because of that didn't recruit him as hard as he should have...and also kind of gave him an ultimatum to either commit to the Gophers or Pitino would go a different direction the summer before Macura's senior year. At that time Pitino thought he was going to get Travis and probably thought he had a shot at Tyus and other recruits rated higher than Macura. My guess is that whole east coast attitude was kind of a turn off to Macura. I've heard that the Reuvers and Macura's know each other and that may have had a impact on Reuvers recruitment as well. I don't know if they know each other or not, but I had heard that. A few years ago someone from the Lakeville North community told me that Tyler Wahl was going to be the best one of any of the Lakeville North players (Macura, Reuvers and Wahl). To me Macura was awfully good and Reuvers was pretty good also. I've only seen Wahl play a few times and zero times as a senior, but he must be pretty decent if the Badgers signed him.

I think Pitino comes across differently now than when he first got here. I couldn't stand him when he got here (I thought he was a prick), and now I think he is fine. I think he sounds engaging in interviews, and the interaction between him and his son at the Purdue game was pretty cool. If we don't make the NCAA Tournament this year, I would probably replace him if I was Coyle, but if they don't replace him, I'm not going to be upset about it. The guys from Minnesota I'm disappointing in not getting since he has been here are: Macura, Travis, Reuvers, Davison, Wright, Theo John, Jericho Sims and Matthew Hurt. Getting Hurt would have made up for all the other misses he had.

Quote Originally Posted by TurfGopher View Post
    If I were Chet or Jalen, I probably wouldn't want to go to college at a university that is 2 miles away from my high school. Those two have already been all over campus, I see them at raising canes before games.
    Well getting both of them would be huge for this program also. It sounds like Holmgren is going to have a lot of choices of where he wants to play after high school. I would love to have him in Maroon and Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by TurfGopher View Post
    Depends how you look at it. I completely get kids wanting to do something different and go experience a new place. That's what I don't really get when people get all jacked up when we miss on a local recruit and people start to question everyone's character.

However, its also a pretty sick opportunity to play in front of your parents, family, friends and be doing it on one of the biggest stages possible (B1G basketball anyone?). I wasn't a d1 athlete and that's why I'm at work right now but I would have loved to been able to play in front of a few sets of aunts/uncles, parents, and other friends and family. It can definitely go both ways!

Quote Originally Posted by MinnGopher View Post
    Depends how you look at it. I completely get kids wanting to do something different and go experience a new place. That's what I don't really get when people get all jacked up when we miss on a local recruit and people start to question everyone's character.

However, its also a pretty sick opportunity to play in front of your parents, family, friends and be doing it on one of the biggest stages possible (B1G basketball anyone?). I wasn't a d1 athlete and that's why I'm at work right now but I would have loved to been able to play in front of a few sets of aunts/uncles, parents, and other friends and family. It can definitely go both ways!
    This. Maybe Iím more of a family guy than most, but I donít understand why more kids donít consider the joy of playing in front of their family as more important than having an ďexperienceĒ somewhere else. Friends and jobs come and go, but family is always there. I guess some kids donít have a stable family, so there is that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk