Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by short ornery norwegian View Post
    I'm talking offense only. defense is a separate issue. what position, or role you play on offense has no impact on what you do defensively. Or it shouldn't. when you're on offense, you put people in the best position for them to score. when you're on defense, you put people in the best position to stop the other team from scoring. There's no reason why someone can't be a SF - or fill that type of role - on offense, and play PF - or fill that type of role - on defense. It's not like there's some rule or law that says the PF on offense also has to be a PF on defense. At least not as far as I know. Especially today, when 3-point shooting has become more important at all levels of the game. If a guy like Holmgren is (theoretically) your best outside shooter, then put him outside on offense and let him shoot. On defense, if he's the best fit in the middle, then he can be a C or post on defense.

Obviously, this only works with a versatile player who can fill different roles.
    Again, why can't you shoot 3s if you're playing PF? You don't need to have two guys glued to the paint. If he's the SF on offense and PF on defense, that means your PF on offense needs to be able to defends SFs. You're making things weirdly/overly complicated. Just let your PF shoot and play from the outside if that's what they're comfortable doing.

I wouldn't read into #RowTheBoat. Most people are starting to associate Row The Boat with the University of Minnesota as a whole. It's a fun saying, it's not like he's confused about who's saying it is.

https://twitter.com/WriterLeader247/...43169617596417

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2021 Elite prospect center @ChetHolmgren is one of the most gifted all-around centers i have seen at his age. Should be considered for 5-star status by @247recruiting

He should be watching tape of Moritz Wagner. I am not sure what Wagner weighed at the same age? Wagner eventually added inside moves and enough weight to play inside and out.

Quote Originally Posted by fraternity2017 View Post
    2021 Elite prospect center @ChetHolmgren is one of the most gifted all-around centers i have seen at his age. Should be considered for 5-star status by @247recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by HOOP DREAMS View Post
    Say what?
    pretty simple. If you can only guard 1's then you're a 1. If you can only guard 5's then you're a 5.

Quote Originally Posted by oleboy41 View Post
    pretty simple. If you can only guard 1's then you're a 1. If you can only guard 5's then you're a 5.
    Agreed. Michael Jordan spent more time on the block than any of the Bull’s centers, but that doesn’t mean MJ was a center.

Go Gophers!!

I find it kind of odd that it took the Gophers as long as it did to offer a local 7'1 kid who plays with Suggs...

Quote Originally Posted by fraternity2017 View Post
    I find it kind of odd that it took the Gophers as long as it did to offer a local 7'1 kid who plays with Suggs...
    Are you serious Clark?! Chet just finished his freshmen year of high school. I'm impressed we offered as early as we did, regardless of him being 6-11.

Go Gophers!!

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    Are you serious Clark?! Chet just finished his freshmen year of high school. I'm impressed we offered as early as we did, regardless of him being 6-11.

Go Gophers!!
    If he had offered him a year earlier, people would be complaining that he offered someone who isn't even in high school yet.

Introducing 2021, Forward, Chet Holmgren

Leader Johnson: Hearing Villanova is recruiting you? What have they said to your coaches?

Chet Holmgren: They have talked to some of my coaches and I know they like what they are seeing and I have to stay in the gym and keep improving to keep impressing them.

Leader Johnson: Is Villanova a top school for you?

Chet Holmgren: I haven’t thought much about what schools I want to go to yet or what my top schools are it’s still very early I’m only going into my sophomore year. I’m just focused on my game so when the time comes I can hopefully go to the school that is best for my future.

Leader Johnson: What do you like about Villanova?

Chet Holmgren: I definitely like the culture there, it’s a winning culture and the coaching staff is great at what they do. I haven’t been on campus but I have heard the facilities both athletic and academic are some of the best.

Leader Johnson: Do you plan to take a visit to Villanova?

Chet Holmgren: At some point yeah especially if I am in town and have some down time it would be fun to see the campus.

Leader Johnson: What schools are showing the most interest in you at this time?

Chet Holmgren: At this time I have offers from both Texas A&M and Minnesota however, besides them I have heavy interest from Oklahoma, Iowa, and Purdue; among others.

https://247sports.com/college/villan...ren-119772121/

Go Gophers!!

Introducing 2021, Forward, Chet Holmgren

Leader Johnson: Hearing Villanova is recruiting you? What have they said to your coaches?

Chet Holmgren: They have talked to some of my coaches and I know they like what they are seeing and I have to stay in the gym and keep improving to keep impressing them.

Leader Johnson: Is Villanova a top school for you?

Chet Holmgren: I haven’t thought much about what schools I want to go to yet or what my top schools are it’s still very early I’m only going into my sophomore year. I’m just focused on my game so when the time comes I can hopefully go to the school that is best for my future.

Leader Johnson: What do you like about Villanova?

Chet Holmgren: I definitely like the culture there, it’s a winning culture and the coaching staff is great at what they do. I haven’t been on campus but I have heard the facilities both athletic and academic are some of the best.

Leader Johnson: Do you plan to take a visit to Villanova?

Chet Holmgren: At some point yeah especially if I am in town and have some down time it would be fun to see the campus.

Leader Johnson: What schools are showing the most interest in you at this time?

Chet Holmgren: At this time I have offers from both Texas A&M and Minnesota however, besides them I have heavy interest from Oklahoma, Iowa, and Purdue; among others.

https://247sports.com/college/villan...ren-119772121/

Go Gophers!!
    Seems like he hasn't thought much about picking schools. Anyone's game at this point.

Go Gophers!!