All Things Chet Holmgren Recruitment Thread (Class of 2021, Gophers Have Offered)

Best high school player. Not best career. Obviously no way to know that. But has Minnesota ever had the top ranked high school player in the country in their class? That's what I'm referring to.

Still a bit of a hyperbole, there have been some very good players from Minnesota.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Let's slow down a bit before we declare that Chet is going to be better than an NBA HOFer.

He didn't declare that. He said "It is not an unrealistic possibility", which is hard to argue with. It's absolutely possible. We will see how he develops.

He didn't declare that. He said "It is not an unrealistic possibility", which is hard to argue with. It's absolutely possible. We will see how he develops.

With his body fat % and height, I'd say the best comparison to a Minnesota basketball legend would be Randy Breuer! He used to guard PGs for Musselman.

With his body fat % and height, I'd say the best comparison to a Minnesota basketball legend would be Randy Breuer! He used to guard PGs for Musselman.
You mean Dutcher?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Skill set is off the chart for someone that long. Several big time schools are going to stay away because they feel they can not get him. very interesting.

Does that mean he is leaning to the home school or that it is between even "bigger time schools"?

. Other than being skinny they have nothing in common as players. Breuer never guarded a point guard in his life and he never played for Mussleman I have never seen a player has unique at this kid. Maybe Kevin Durant as a comparison? Question I have does Minnesota get considered seriously by Chet

N

Last edited:

Do you have a gut feeling about where he is going?

No. The Gophers are serious players on this one as he has ties there and may be the kind of kid that wants to stay home. It has not been tested by the blue bloods yet. Love the skills and attitude but people need to pump the brakes a bit until he plays against men.

No. The Gophers are serious players on this one as he has ties there and may be the kind of kid that wants to stay home. It has not been tested by the blue bloods yet. Love the skills and attitude but people need to pump the brakes a bit until he plays against men.
Blue bloods will come not too many 7' with his handle and shooting ability. Kid needs a few cheeseburgers though.

. Other than being skinny they have nothing in common as players. Breuer never guarded a point guard in his life and he never played for Mussleman I have never seen a player has unique at this kid. Maybe Kevin Durant as a comparison? Question I have does Minnesota get considered seriously by Chet

N
Randy played extensively for Musselman with the Timberwolves. Breuer was a tenacious competitor.
Beyond long and lean and tough competitors the skill sets are more different than similar, I’d say.

Chet is amazing! I was on here a year ago telling people he is a straight baller!

Blue bloods will come not too many 7' with his handle and shooting ability. Kid needs a few cheeseburgers though.

There is no dount the blue bloods will come. I talked to a very accomplished coach who told me they evaluated him as off the charts in skills and said they could not get him and were not going to try. He is a tremendous prospect but will need 30 pounds of muscle.

Chet is amazing! I was on here a year ago telling people he is a straight baller!

And you were right. When i say pump the brakes i am talking about going against seasoned 22 year old men when he is a freshman.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

There is no dount the blue bloods will come. I talked to a very accomplished coach who told me they evaluated him as off the charts in skills and said they could not get him and were not going to try. He is a tremendous prospect but will need 30 pounds of muscle.

While that would be great, he will be an outstanding player even if he doesn't add a pound of muscle.

While that would be great, he will be an outstanding player even if he doesn't add a pound of muscle.
At the HS level yes...at the college level and beyond...no. He is abnormally thin right now. To say he can continue to be successful without another pound of muscle is pure fallacy.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I agree...skinny arm guys are like short guys...that's the only way they have ever played. They don't all of a sudden become overwhelmed. If he can compete and excel in AAU....he'll do fine with the Gophers and maturity, nutrition, facilities will add muscle in due time.

At the HS level yes...at the college level and beyond...no. He is abnormally thin right now. To say he can continue to be successful without another pound of muscle is pure fallacy.

lol if you say so.

Right now, the game is played at the rim and beyond the 3 point line. There is a lessening need for pure strength and brute force. Someone like Chet can play at the rim and beyond the three point line. Of course he could add some muscle but what 16 year old couldn't!

The other thing Chet has going for him is spirit... he's not afraid to get after it and he plays very hard.

N

You Sir, are no Timberwolves historian. It is a fact that Bill coached in other places than just the barn.

Right now, the game is played at the rim and beyond the 3 point line. There is a lessening need for pure strength and brute force. Someone like Chet can play at the rim and beyond the three point line. Of course he could add some muscle but what 16 year old couldn't!

The other thing Chet has going for him is spirit... he's not afraid to get after it and he plays very hard.

I hope those knees hold up! His dad was built the same and had great skill but the knees got him IIRC.

Top Bottom