Brevyn Spann-Ford St. Cloud Times Media's Male Athlete of the Year

That’s a nice write up. He sounds like a great kid and an awesome addition.

Excited to see him on the practice field in a month.

I think he has to beat out Seth Green and Jake Paulson to see the field.

Seth is a four-star athlete who had offers from WI, IA, MSU, IL, TX, Louisville, Pitt, Louisville. Seth could have been a TE in Oregon's high-powered offense if he wanted to. Based on Spring game, Kirk, Clay and PJ have plans for him.

Paulson was a guy Brohm and Frost both wanted as did Petrino at Louisville, Salem at Pitt, Illinois, Purdue, and Cinci. Big and strong; interested to see updated weight on him after a redshirt year and strength work.

Exciting to have three athletic options in Seth, Paulson, Spann-Ford.

Loved what I saw from Beebe in Spring game...he looks healthier and so solid...could be used to really help the run game or as creative pass catching option like Wisconsin, Northwestern, MSU, Iowa have used so well over the years. Ko Kieft looked good in limited action last year and another guy I am excited to see with some more maturity, weight work. Witham gives us a nice veteran three-deep in this physical, run-blocking, tight end type.

A big red zone jump-ball target that can actually catch the ball could really come handy.

A big red zone jump-ball target that can actually catch the ball could really come handy.

He looks like the best jump ball red-zone guy we have recruited in a long, long time. Seems like everybody we've had who is capable of going up and snatching the ball either isn't nearly as big as Spann-Ford at 6-7, 245 or they have the size but can't go up get it and doesn't have the body (Wozniak). Maxx, Tyler Johnson, Marqueis, and Mcknight all were/are decent jump ball guys but Spann-Ford is so much bigger than all of them but appears to be just as skilled.

I think if Tech would have used him more in as an in-line TE blocker where he would have had more of a chance to show off his blocking ability on film then he would have been a 4 star because I feel his receiving ability is absolutely at the level of a 4 star TE.

He looks like the best jump ball red-zone guy we have recruited in a long, long time. Seems like everybody we've had who is capable of going up and snatching the ball either isn't nearly as big as Spann-Ford at 6-7, 245 or they have the size but can't go up get it and doesn't have the body (Wozniak). Maxx, Tyler Johnson, Marqueis, and Mcknight all were/are decent jump ball guys but Spann-Ford is so much bigger than all of them but appears to be just as skilled.

I think if Tech would have used him more in as an in-line TE blocker where he would have had more of a chance to show off his blocking ability on film then he would have been a 4 star because I feel his receiving ability is absolutely at the level of a 4 star TE.

Yep hard to think he won’t eventually be a devastating mismatch weapon at that height and weight with nice athleticism and hands. The last offensive guy I was this excited about was a certain 4 Star RB a few years ago.

Yep hard to think he won’t eventually be a devastating mismatch weapon at that height and weight with nice athleticism and hands. The last offensive guy I was this excited about was a certain 4 Star RB a few years ago.

Don't curse the young man's Gopher career please.

Top Bottom