Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Civility

Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    To quote S2, “agreed”.
    Howie is like George Costanza, particularly this George.

Question: What would the reaction be if a Republican had said what Hillary joked?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w9eFGVyHYK8

Question: What would the reaction be if a Republican had said what Hillary joked?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w9eFGVyHYK8
    I'm assuming this is a rhetorical question.

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    I'm assuming this is a rhetorical question.
    Yes.

I didn’t want to be accused of making a big deal out of it, so I didn’t start an new thread as was later done by someone else. Deservedly so.

But, most of those here that complain about Trump’s insensitive speech have done a good job of down playing it or ignoring it altogether.

I pay little to no attention to what Hillary Clinton does or says. That said, this was idiotic. I would say the same thing if Don said it.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherJake View Post
    I pay little to no attention to what Hillary Clinton does or says. That said, this was idiotic. I would say the same thing if Don said it.
    Yeah, it would be equally awkward regardless of who said it. You are fair in calling that out.

The reaction wouldn’t be equal, which was the point.

Yeah, it would be equally awkward regardless of who said it. You are fair in calling that out.

The reaction wouldn’t be equal, which was the point.
    Hillary Clinton is a washed up politician with no future. Don Trump is the current President of the United States. Yeah, I would hope the (general) reaction would be different.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherJake View Post
    Hillary Clinton is a washed up politician with no future. Don Trump is the current President of the United States. Yeah, I would hope the (general) reaction would be different.
    Trump is just an example. I said in post #287 the “reaction if a Republican had said...”.

Washed up? Not according to her and the cheering audiences. She still wants to be President.

The Left must be so proud of Avenatti and his client:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethba...rlson-n2535721

Per Tucker Carlson:

On October 13, I had dinner with two of my children and some family friends at the Farmington Country Club in Charlottesville, Virginia. Toward the end of the meal, my 19-year-old daughter went to the bathroom with a friend. On their way back through the bar, a middle aged man stopped my daughter and asked if she was sitting with Tucker Carlson. My daughter had never seen the man before. She answered: ‘That’s my dad,’ and pointed to me. The man responded, ‘Are you Tucker’s wh*re?’ He then called her a ‘f**king c*nt.’
    My daughter returned to the table in tears. She soon left the table and the club. My son, who is also a student, went into the bar to confront the man. I followed. My son asked the man if he’d called his sister a ‘whore’ and a ‘c*nt.’ The man admitted he had, and again become profane. My son threw a glass of red wine in the man’s face and told him to leave the bar, which he soon did.
    Immediately after the incident, I described these events to the management of the Farmington Country Club. The club spent more than three weeks investigating the incident. Last week, they revoked the man’s membership and threw him out of the club.
    I love my children. It took enormous self-control not to beat the man with a chair, which is what I wanted to do. I think any father can understand the overwhelming rage and shock that I felt seeing my teenage daughter attacked by a stranger. But I restrained myself. I did not assault this man, and neither did my son. That is a lie. Nor did I know the man was gay or Latino, not that it would have mattered. What happened on October 13 has nothing to do with identity politics. It was a grotesque violation of decency. I’ve never seen anything like it in my life.

The Left must be so proud of Avenatti and his client:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethba...rlson-n2535721

Per Tucker Carlson:

On October 13, I had dinner with two of my children and some family friends at the Farmington Country Club in Charlottesville, Virginia. Toward the end of the meal, my 19-year-old daughter went to the bathroom with a friend. On their way back through the bar, a middle aged man stopped my daughter and asked if she was sitting with Tucker Carlson. My daughter had never seen the man before. She answered: ‘That’s my dad,’ and pointed to me. The man responded, ‘Are you Tucker’s wh*re?’ He then called her a ‘f**king c*nt.’
    My daughter returned to the table in tears. She soon left the table and the club. My son, who is also a student, went into the bar to confront the man. I followed. My son asked the man if he’d called his sister a ‘whore’ and a ‘c*nt.’ The man admitted he had, and again become profane. My son threw a glass of red wine in the man’s face and told him to leave the bar, which he soon did.
    Immediately after the incident, I described these events to the management of the Farmington Country Club. The club spent more than three weeks investigating the incident. Last week, they revoked the man’s membership and threw him out of the club.
    I love my children. It took enormous self-control not to beat the man with a chair, which is what I wanted to do. I think any father can understand the overwhelming rage and shock that I felt seeing my teenage daughter attacked by a stranger. But I restrained myself. I did not assault this man, and neither did my son. That is a lie. Nor did I know the man was gay or Latino, not that it would have mattered. What happened on October 13 has nothing to do with identity politics. It was a grotesque violation of decency. I’ve never seen anything like it in my life.
    Propagandists who tear apart our country have rights too!