Q&A: Eric Curry on injury recovery, off-season work, thoughts on new freshmen

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per GopherSports:

GS: Tell us about how coming back from your knee injury is going.

EC: The recovery process is going really well right now. Right now it’s just me getting my confidence back so they are letting me practice a little bit, it’s going really good.

GS: Was it tough not being able to play last year, and seeing how the season unfolded?

EC: It hurt a lot. Just knowing that I could have contributed a lot and helped the team out last year hurt. Not being there just to play the game you love hurts in general.

GS: What have you been working on this summer?

EC: My jumper, i’ve been working on my jumper everyday. That is what the coaches want me to improve on the most most. And getting my confidence back in my legs I think is another big thing too.

GS: What sort of advice has Coach Pitino given you heading into the season?

EC: Just being a complete player. Being able to knock down that jumper outside of the paint and being able to finish. My freshman year, [the coaches] always made fun of me, I had a million-dollar move but a penny, a one-cent finish, so just being able to finish the moves I create or do.

GS: What are your impressions of new assistant coaches Rob Jeter and Kyle Lindsted?

EC: They are all good guys, I like all of our assistant coaches. They all have been helpful in practice, I love them.

GS: Now that you’ve seen them practice, what do you think of the new players?

EC: The transfers obviously are great players, they come from other good programs. They know how to play basketball and you can see that in how they practice. Gopher fans should be excited for next year. Both of the incoming freshman, well Daniel can’t play right now, but Jarv and Gabe both look good. It is really exciting to see what we are going to do this year.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/062218aaa.html

Go Gophers!!

Nice to hear from Curry. Sure hope that he is blessed with good health for the rest of his career.

I forgot how much I liked this kid. Man he did seem to get to the bucket very easily.

Pitino back in Jan sports huddle

Pitino said Curry is doing really well. Said, if necessary, he thinks Curry could be ready to play in a game by February. But, they won't do that because it would cost Curry a year of eligibility. Pitino said Curry is working out, lifting, doing some drills and looking good.

Top Bottom