All Things Kerwin Walton Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020)

That is a tremendous jump. All the credit to this young man who has done so much to make himself better. These kids that do the work and just keep on improving give themselves so many wonderful opportunities.

Is it a situation where a kid gets hot for a few games? Can 2-3 games bump a player up 100 spots?

Is it a situation where a kid gets hot for a few games? Can 2-3 games bump a player up 100 spots?

One game made the Wolves pick Johnny Flynn over Steph Curry so anything can happen in sports...:) That said, I hope we get Walton!

Hurt, Nnaji, Terry, Wahl, Roddy, Jones x2, Sims, Reuvers, Davison, Thompson, John, Wright, etc say "hi" back.
They do? I don't pretend to hear dead people, you've got some serious issues. Hopefully you can afford the help you need.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Who you do it against and notable improvements on mechanics plus the ability to see and play the court will do it.

Its all about knocking down shots and players can get hot for 2-3 games.

I'm guessing more of the offense went through him with Dawson Garcia sidelined. Kudos for stepping up and showing what he could do

In recent memory has anyone blown up like Walton?

Blown up after his ranking dipped into the 200’s it is amazing. Good for him.

I remember Sims went from unranked to top 50-60ish couple years back, course he hasn't had much of a career. Think Zeke went from a bench player on Pulley to top 40 recruit the next year with D1

Zeke Nnaji was ranked in the 200’s at one point before becoming top 50. JP Macura was a late bloomer, and I believe Jericho Sims was as well. I think Brad Davison went from mid-major prospect to 4 star over just a few months. Wanna say Daniel Oturu was on the low end of the top 100 when he committed to us.

Maybe you guys are right but he's a lowish end 3 star guy who is now getting blue blood offers. He will probably go from 3 star to high-end 4 star, crazy. I know the gophers offered early but he is exactly what we need, imagine him and Gabe on the court!

Maybe you guys are right but he's a lowish end 3 star guy who is now getting blue blood offers. He will probably go from 3 star to high-end 4 star, crazy. I know the gophers offered early but he is exactly what we need, imagine him and Gabe on the court!

Players blow up all the time, but I can't think of any who have blown up in quite the same way as Walton. The way his offer list has changed in a matter of a few days this late in his high school career is pretty crazy.

i hope he sees it this way as well.

i hope he sees it this way as well.
Would be nice, if the wing depth was
RS Sr Willis
Jr Gabe K
So Inhan, Williams
Fr Walton or Madsen

That's a nice group for two spots. Walton and Madsen are different, but both can absolutely stroke it from deep. Walton probably better on D Madsen I think can score from anywhere, Walton might have more trouble driving the lane. Either way would be ecstatic for either. If we land Dawson and Oturu stays they can contend for a conference title in 2021

Would be nice, if the wing depth was
RS Sr Willis
Jr Gabe K
So Inhan, Williams
Fr Walton or Madsen

That's a nice group for two spots. Walton and Madsen are different, but both can absolutely stroke it from deep. Walton probably better on D Madsen I think can score from anywhere, Walton might have more trouble driving the lane. Either way would be ecstatic for either. If we land Dawson and Oturu stays they can contend for a conference title in 2021

I wonder, do you take 2 wing players if you can? Like if we could get Walton and Madsen, I think we take both.

Pitino & staff have been on Walton for awhile, way before he blew up like this. Let's hope that means something to him.

I wonder, do you take 2 wing players if you can? Like if we could get Walton and Madsen, I think we take both.

yeah of course you take them both....but they wont both come here....lets just keep our fingers crossed for one....

I would but I think they want a PG. Jahari Long seems to have a little Al Nolen in him and will take a second official. Guess it depends how much faith you have in Greenlee to become a key rotation guy once he's an upperclassmen.

I would but I think they want a PG. Jahari Long seems to have a little Al Nolen in him and will take a second official. Guess it depends how much faith you have in Greenlee to become a key rotation guy once he's an upperclassmen.

None to be honest, but it doesn't mean that a 4th scholly wouldn't open up. Is Long already scheduled for a second visit? I do know he is down to us, TCU, and Seton.

Realistically I think we will take a PG too, but I believe that if we happened to get Long and Walton/Madsen and the other wanted to commit, we would say yes.

You can only take one official visit per school. Does he have another unofficial scheduled with us?

None to be honest, but it doesn't mean that a 4th scholly wouldn't open up. Is Long already scheduled for a second visit? I do know he is down to us, TCU, and Seton.

Realistically I think we will take a PG too, but I believe that if we happened to get Long and Walton/Madsen and the other wanted to commit, we would say yes.
I think we would too I'm just assuming the other would move on in that scenario. Kinda like if we landed Dawson, no chance any of our other bits will want to come. Kids want to play, they transfer if they get hurried too far on the bench

I think we would too I'm just assuming the other would move on in that scenario. Kinda like if we landed Dawson, no chance any of our other bits will want to come. Kids want to play, they transfer if they get hurried too far on the bench

Carlson says he is a 3/4 combo. Could he be on the court with Garcia?

Yep, I do agree that would most likely move on if the other committed, but you never know, especially if we are on both hard.

The Carlson comment below is interesting considering he did express some interest recently.

You can only take one official visit per school. Does he have another unofficial scheduled with us?
Every article keeps saying second official. I always thought the rule was one per year. His first was his junior year.

Not sure if there's an actual date scheduled yet, but he is supposed to take another official. He took one as a junior, so maybe he gets another set of officials as a senior? I was a little confused on the idea of taking two officials, but it seems like that's something recruits can do now, maybe a rule changed recently.

So, just read up...the article states as of i believe Aug 2018 Div 1 basketball recruits can official visit a school more than once...but only once a year. It says official visits have went from 5 to 15. From ESPN.

Last edited:

Top Bottom