Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

per Marcus:

Gophers basketball has its first big recruiting date planned for the football team’s season opener next Thursday against South Dakota State at TCF Bank Stadium.

Expected on the first official visit for Richard Pitino this fall will be three-star Sunrise Christian Academy (Kan.) guard Ty Berry, but he won’t be alone.

Accompanying Berry will be several local prospects on unofficials, including 2020 targets and D1 Minnesota teammates Dawson Garcia, Kerwin Walton, Steven Crowl and Ben Carlson.

http://www.startribune.com/kansas-gu...ner/554893002/

Go Gophers!!

Latest 247 rankings Walton at 182..never seen a kid ranked that low after his final AAU summer holding offers of his caliber...Prep Hoops latest has him 45th

Quote Originally Posted by theczar View Post
    Latest 247 rankings Walton at 182..never seen a kid ranked that low after his final AAU summer holding offers of his caliber...Prep Hoops latest has him 45th
    247 updated their ranking to 129. His composite is now 184.

Pokes a pretty giant hole in the theory that recruiting services base their rankings on offer lists.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Söze View Post
    247 updated their ranking to 129. His composite is now 184.

Pokes a pretty giant hole in the theory that recruiting services base their rankings on offer lists.
    There are only two people doing evals for online recruiting sites that are any good at all. Bossi is really insightful. All the sights give at least some boost on offers, especially after a blue blood verbal. Plus Walton would be top 75 if you dropped his last 4 247 offers and replaced them with Duke,UNC, Villanova,UVA. I am not at all concerned about rankings done by those services. There are hundreds of guys in the NBA that were not ranked top 100. I use those lists to see who out performed who over their college career, who won more, who won the conference titles, who got to the final 4, who won national titles. It is astounding how many guys blew the top 50 guys out of the water. The thing about Walton is not only can he shoot it but he is a winner and a team will have him 4 years.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

v

Must not be that high on ISU if he met with Vandy the same day he had an official

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bemidjigopher View Post
    Must not be that high on ISU if he met with Vandy the same day he had an official

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    I think the Iowa State was unofficial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk