Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

n/m
    Last edited by mkAz; 06-16-2019 at 06:46 PM.

per Marcus:

Eight big names

Ben Carlson 6-9 PF East Ridge: One of the state’s top rebounders, Carlson has most of the Big Ten after him, but Stanford is trying hard to lure him.

Steven Crowl 6-11 C Eastview: Relatively unknown nationally before a breakout spring as a highly-skilled big man for D1 Minnesota’s AAU program.

Dain Dainja 6-9 PF Park Center: His father, Dana Jackson, played for the Gophers, but Dainja decided last month to take his powerful post game to Baylor.

Dawson Garcia 6-11 PF Prior Lake: Garcia’s three-point range and mobility for his height has blue bloods looking at Minnesota again, one class after Duke signed Matthew Hurt.

Gabe Madsen 6-6 SG Rochester Mayo: Flashy scorer exploded for 53 points and 12 threes in a game last season. He recently picked up a Gopher offer.

Mason Madsen 6-3 PG Rochester Mayo: His twin brother, Gabe, has bigger offers, but Mason’s steady play might make some high majors offer them both.

Jalen Suggs 6-4 PG Minnehaha Academy: Two-sport standout and one of the state’s best athletes ever is leaning toward deciding in August to possibly stick with college hoops.

Kerwin Walton 6-5 SG Hopkins: Three-point shooting and defense are his specialties, which earned him offers from the Big Ten, Big East and Pac-12.

http://www.startribune.com/get-to-kn...ass/512565352/

Go Gophers!!

per Marcus:

Could Walton follow Coffey as the next Gophers player from Hopkins?

“I have a pretty good relationship with the coaching staff,” Walton said. “I can see myself there, honestly. I believe I would fit in there. I feel like I could come in there and be used properly being able to play with Gabe, Daniel and other guys.”

http://www.startribune.com/richard-p...ass/512550602/

Go Gophers!!

This is the one realistic, in-state target that I really want.

With all the bad luck we've had the last few years with injuries and the amount of talent we've missed on, maybe the program is finally trending permanently for success. The 2020 class could be our best recruiting class in the last 10-15 years.

Imagine a class of
    Suggs - 5 star 6-4 PG
    Walton - 3 star 6-5 SG, but looks like he has a heater for a jump shot
    Dawson Garcia - 6-11 PF, one of the states best talents
    Gabe Madsen/Steven Crowl - both solid recruits to fill up the last roster spot.

The only one of these that's a pipe dream is Suggs and he's not necessarily guaranteed to commit to Gonzaga. This class combined with Ihnen, Oturu, and Kalscheur, and Carr would be enough for a deep tourney run.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaykay View Post
    This is the one realistic, in-state target that I really want.
    I want him too. Gabe K 2.0 I'd love if they could take both him and Madsen, but I think they want a PG, which I think will be Long. Got imagine a guy would commit if he takes multiple officials. First come first serve I guess

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Go Gophers!!

Gabe showed how important it is to have a knock down shooter...Let's get Walton locked up

Quote Originally Posted by MinnGopher View Post
    Gabe showed how important it is to have a knock down shooter...Let's get Walton locked up
    I'm comfortable with Madseon or Walton, don't think we can take both.

Quote Originally Posted by salzie View Post
    Yep. And I'd guess it might be the same issue with Crowl and Garcia, which I think might partly explain why they were so deliberate with the Crowl offer. I suppose they could take both, but then they would have to hold off on either a PG or a SG and they have some excellent options there.

Quote Originally Posted by salzie View Post
    Gabe Kalscheur was the reference