All Things Kerwin Walton Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020)

Disagree. UNC needs to maintain certain academic standards and is responsible for upholding those standards. They themselves said that there was nothing wrong with the classes so that means it represents the academic standards of the university. As such they should lose their accreditation across the board. UNC decided that it was more important to keep the basketball records intact than it was to respect the academic reputation of the university. It was their choice to discredit the university.

UNC should have come clean for the sake of all those other students and academic reputation of the school. But obviously, they value the cheating athletic programs more than any of their regular students. That is why I would NEVER let my kid go to a school that has such warped priorities!

You’re reaching here. There’s no doubt that UNC should have been held accountable for the crap they got away with in regards to their ATHLETICS dept. However, where is the sense in punishing hard-working faculty conducting research and students pursuing degrees who are completely uninvolved in the scandal?

Pretty dark of you to want to administer punishment to the entire university for a single departments dumpster fire...

Last edited:

You’re reaching here. There’s no doubt that UNC should have been held accountable for the crap they got away with in regards to their ATHLETICS dept. However, where is the sense in punishing hard-working faculty conducting research and students pursuing degrees who are completely uninvolved in the scandal?

Pretty dark of you to want to administer punishment to the entire university for a single departments dumpster fire...

Happens whenever the ncaa decides to administer punishment. Haskins scandal.

I love Kerwin's game, will be a great 4 year player. UNC has tons of room at the wing even with RJ Davis committing there. They will be tough to beat.

North Carolina has 4 2020 commits already, how many scholarships do they have?

North Carolina has 4 2020 commits already, how many scholarships do they have?

247 shows they have 6 seniors (4 wings and Shea Rush might not be on scholarship). Plus Cole Anthony is 95% chance to be a 1 and done. Also underclassmen depth at wings is very shallow.

Shouldn't be much of a surprise, but hearing from 247 that Walton is not coming here. Pitino and company need to focus on bigs anyway. Confident we have a solid player who fits better with Mashburn.

Shouldn't be much of a surprise, but hearing from 247 that Walton is not coming here. Pitino and company need to focus on bigs anyway. Confident we have a solid player who fits better with Mashburn.

Walton ship definitely sailed as soon as mashburn committed, as you stated definitely in need of bigger bodies at this point.

Walton ship definitely sailed as soon as mashburn committed, as you stated definitely in need of bigger bodies at this point.

If true, Walton sailed his own ship. He had plenty of time to commit here. Agree that we need big bodies now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't get his recruiting process? Vandy and Creighton are ok programs but he is a stud shooter. Why he would settle for anyone of those programs is beyond me.

I don't get his recruiting process? Vandy and Creighton are ok programs but he is a stud shooter. Why he would settle for anyone of those programs is beyond me.

Vandy appears to be on the upswing right now though since stackhouse has taken over as head coach.

Vandy appears to be on the upswing right now though since stackhouse has taken over as head coach.

Walton's recruitment is an odd one. It seemed he was going to soar to blue blood level after the amazing summer showing and now he is looking at solid programs but where are the big boys? I'd still love to have both him and Garcia....

oops my bad- just saw abrams post saying the same thing...

Walton's recruitment is an odd one. It seemed he was going to soar to blue blood level after the amazing summer showing and now he is looking at solid programs but where are the big boys? I'd still love to have both him and Garcia....

oops my bad- just saw abrams post saying the same thing...

Seems as if he was a backup plan for the blue bloods that offered in case they couldn't lock up their top guys they had already been working on before walton blew up in the summer. Now that most of those classes are full, he has to work with what is best remaining for him.

I think he'll end up at Vandy.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I know I am going to get beat up by this but a nice player but not a Blue Blood 5* type, fits nicely into the Minnesota, Creighton kind of programs. Maybe he has developed into a can't miss but from what I've seen similar to Davison in skills/shooting etc..

I know I am going to get beat up by this but a nice player but not a Blue Blood 5* type, fits nicely into the Minnesota, Creighton kind of programs. Maybe he has developed into a can't miss but from what I've seen similar to Davison in skills/shooting etc..

Significantly better shooter. Think Gabe is a more fair comparison. I've said for awhile Kerwin was the guy I wanted bad out of this class. Long wing who defends and shoots it at such a high clip.

Significantly better shooter. Think Gabe is a more fair comparison. I've said for awhile Kerwin was the guy I wanted bad out of this class. Long wing who defends and shoots it at such a high clip.
Know people love to hate on Davison here, but he was considered one of the best shooters in the country coming out of high school https://bleacherreport.com/articles...the-best-shooters-in-the-class-of-2017#slide6, 43% from 3 on EYBL. Saying Walton is a significantly better shooter is bold.

Walton shot lights out in the spring and knows how to play. Time will tell when he is guarded by someone larger and longer at the next level. Really like him but the question about stepping up at the next level applies to most prospects.

Know people love to hate on Davison here, but he was considered one of the best shooters in the country coming out of high school https://bleacherreport.com/articles...the-best-shooters-in-the-class-of-2017#slide6, 43% from 3 on EYBL. Saying Walton is a significantly better shooter is bold.

I'm not a Davison hater. Also watched Davison play a bunch in HS. Walton was a way better shooter. Davison had a great summer like Kerwin did their last AAU season. Sample size in HS is more realistic imo as both played in good conferences. Don't think my comment is that bold.

Eh, no. I'd compare him more to a bigger Gabe Kalscheur. He's way better than Brad Davison. And is longer than Gabe, with super long arms.

I live in the west metro so I watched/have watched Brad, Gabe, and Walton in high school a ton.

guessing 4 of those is mn, cal, vandy, creighton.........

Top Bottom